Page 144 of 197 FirstFirst ... 94119134139142143144145146149154169194 ... LastLast
Results 2,861 to 2,880 of 3924

Thread: LFC - You'll Never Walk Alone

Don't worry...Pools are also famous.... famous for doing the unexpected.... they may just pull it off this time round!!!!

GO GO GO GO GO!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Venom81
    The Italian are famous for their def.

Default Hi.

Hi all,

Anyone has a team playing soccer here? I would like to continue playing recreational soccer. I am a right legger, would rate myself as an average player. I have played LB, RB, RWB, RM in field soccer. I played with LFC Fan Club before but stopped for a year as I have some personal committments. Any teams is willing to have trials for trying new players can call me at 90048011.

Cheers to Liverpool.....

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by giddygoat
    italians are vulnerable when you hit them fast and use the wings often. problem is that we don't really have fast, tricky wingers. gerard's long passes will probably be crucial.
    This is what I would analyse as well. But we are also true that we dun have anyone who is fast at current squad. Tricky wingers ?? Riise is fast...although not tricky.

Quote Originally Posted by tao
    Sorry, an Italian side will always have the better chance of winning a penalty shootout for obvious reasons. They are all trained and prepared for it as they like to draw their cup matches 0-0!
    I dun really fancy the idea that Italian always have a better chance of winning a penalty shoot up.

World Cup 90 ...Lost to Argentina
    World Cup 94 ...Lost to Brazil
    World Cup 98...Lost to France

Recent history they won the penalty Euro 2000 - won against Holland (Holland shot 2 X aeroplane)

Can we have a side bet here ? If liverpool vs Juventus has to finish by penalty shoot out for a winner...I take liverpool. may be not to bet with $ rather a Lowepro Bag that worth aroud $50. ???

steady Liverpool to advance!

we've nothing to lose!
    and i find it amusing to consider Liverpool F.C as not being on par with the italians before the game starts!!

will be watching the game 'Live' and rooting for Liverpool before my square box!

You'll Never Walk Alone!!

*i hope stevie G rises to the occasion and the Reds put in a spirited display!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

I hope Baros play well. All liverpool hopes lies with him now... You look at last match against bolton, without the recognised strikers like Baros and Morientes, we are totally lost.

Quote Originally Posted by tao
    Sorry, an Italian side will always have the better chance of winning a penalty shootout for obvious reasons. They are all trained and prepared for it as they like to draw their cup matches 0-0!
    no lah.. italians quite bobo also...hehe

Quote Originally Posted by hanqiang1011
    Hi all,

Anyone has a team playing soccer here? I would like to continue playing recreational soccer. I am a right legger, would rate myself as an average player. I have played LB, RB, RWB, RM in field soccer. I played with LFC Fan Club before but stopped for a year as I have some personal committments. Any teams is willing to have trials for trying new players can call me at 90048011.

Cheers to Liverpool.....

Cheers
    do i know you ?

tonight's the night! go reds go!!! let's pray for a good day at anfield today

Quote Originally Posted by laugh
    no lah.. italians quite bobo also...hehe
    Wah i still can remember Baggio's banana over the bar penalty against brazil in USA 94.

Garcia becoming KOP HERO already.
    Today is a very happy day!

I think 2nd leg in Turin, will have heart attack.. brace yourselves guys!

now at work..beri tired..
    if only it was 2-0
    dun 4get real madrid won 1-0..even better than a 2-1 home leg win n went to lose at turin
    will be a finger biting affair next week..hope for an early goal to soothe the nerves

pool is playing good continental style football under benitez that works in chanpions league
    Last edited by nad; 6th April 2005 at 02:30 PM.

Okay, Liverpool supporters or not, who do you think will go through to the next round.

Juventus
    1. Parchiao. Me support Liverpool, but . . . . . . .

Liverpool

lost my voice screaming for joy in the first half then lost my voice screaming in frustration in the second
    it was a good win especially with such a makeshift side that we had. it was a soft goal to conceed but i'd admit juve deserved the goal for their performance. we gave them too much space and respect in the later part of the first half and they started getting their rythm. that's why i was very afraid as the second started and true enough, juve had found their touch. our players seemed lost in the beginning. cannot keep possesion and just kept blindly hoofing the ball away. rafa really needs to work on their composure.
    ever noticed we seem to be a team of one half? never ever saw us play well more than one half. tend to either fade after playing well or start badly and slowly play better.
    anyway, we had a spot of luck cos i don't think del piero was offside in that first half chance.
    need to look out for ibrahimovic as well as nedved and camoranesi in the next leg. these guys were the ones creating all the danger. quite often, ibrahimovic holds up the ball and nedved and camoranesi plays off him. hope we can get an early goal to settle the nerves.

Juventus

Liverpool
    1. zaren. liverpool to go through 3-2 on aggregate.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

Quote Originally Posted by Parchiao
    Okay, Liverpool supporters or not, who do you think will go through to the next round.
    Juventus

Liverpool
    2. giddygoat, my head says juve but i'm going with my heart 1-1 at del alpi

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    Bring on Juventus. We will show Madrid how to beat Juventus.

And Beckham and Owen said : "Wah...Liverpool damn good team. Wa Lan errr..we come to Madrid for wat !!!!"
    this was what I predicted weeks ago...hahahaa.. I am sure both beckham and Owen did watch the game from Spain. And I am sure they are speechless that Liverpool beat and scored against Juventus, where Real Madrid could not even score one goal.

I am sure they are wondering why ?? Is Real Madrid sucked or Liverpool is a good team (eventhough without several injured core player) ?

Quote Originally Posted by afbug
    Juventus are the defensive expert. But i think Juventus just have the edge over pool due to their recent experience and superior squad. Hope for the best!
    Yes..you are right. Juventus are the defensive expert. If they are not, we would have finished the 1st half with 4-0.

Actually, Juve could have lost 3-0 or 4-0 to Liverpool if we have a good
    striker. Now playing with injury crisis also win 2-1.. heh!

'Galactico' Igor kept Nedved in his pocket. Emerton was frustrated by
    Gerrard. Del Piero and then Trezeguet were outclassed by Scouse King Carra..
    Hyppia stood a class above Ibrahamovic.

Even youngster Le Tallec causes problem to the famed Juve defence. Riise and Finnan had an excellent game, bombing down the flanks and yet didn't neglect the defensive duties. Even Nunez dribbled past two Juve defenders.

The spaniard who need 10 chances to capitalise 1 - Garcia also scored a wonderful goal. (Remind me of Folwer strike)

Baros.. sigh, for all his running and hardwork, he's still poor at bring
    other into play. His killer instinct as a striker is quite poor too. Against
    Everton it was evident when he missed two one-on-one with keeper, and
    yesterday he missed a great looping cross into the box. I hope we get 10
    millions from the sale...since he is still mourning on the opportunity to join Baca.

watched the whole game last night and during half time, wanted to get onboard to CS and post in this forum, but alas!!! the server was down!
    i was so hyped up then!!

jus wanna share my thoughts on this game, most evidently the first half where we played brilliantly and i screamed and shouted when we scored the goals, to the dismay of my entire block and my family members! haha!

a 2-1 lead into the second leg is an unbelievable achievement given the long injury list and against a world class opposition such as Juventus!

take nothing away from the boys, we're goin to enjoy this run for as long as we could! i've a good feeling we can go all the way with the tactical acutement of Rafa!

by the way, i thought baros had a below par game. but he's still a very important player for the team. biscan is sensational! i hope rafa will be tempted to offer him a 2yr contract so we can better assess him!

LIVERPOOL!!

4th placing is a reality and so too is winning the CL league if the boys continue to perform like this~!

scott carson is only 19yrs old! teenager!! a mistake will come sooner or later. i hope from now onwards, he'll improve and move on from his horrible mistake.

You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Juventus
    2. Nad. Juventus to win next leg 1-0 and go into semis on away goal advantage.

Liverpool
    2. giddygoat, my head says juve but i'm going with my heart 1-1 at del alpi

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    a 2-1 lead into the second leg is an unbelievable achievement given the long injury list and against a world class opposition such as Juventus!

take nothing away from the boys, we're goin to enjoy this run for as long as we could! i've a good feeling we can go all the way with the tactical acutement of Rafa!

by the way, i thought baros had a below par game. but he's still a very important player for the team. biscan is sensational! i hope rafa will be tempted to offer him a 2yr contract so we can better assess him!

scott carson is only 19yrs old! teenager!! a mistake will come sooner or later. i hope from now onwards, he'll improve and move on from his horrible mistake.
    Sure it is a good results, albeit that 2-0 would be even fantastic. No one would have believed that during 1st half we totally outplay Juventus. Could not u see that after Garcia scored the 2nd goal..all the Juventus player are shaking leg.They simply past the ball to Liverpool defenders..and lost possesion easily. Had not they were good defenders and we lacked of quality striker..We should be 3-0 in the 1st half.

Imagine when we have Alonso and Moreintes available...!!!!

Agree that Biscan and Traore are the sweet potato I truly dun want them in the squad..But these 2 lads had improved tremedously under Rafa. WOuld of course be delighted if we could extend Biscan service , to replace Hamman.

Carson is a bit bad luck..He reacted too fast to fall on the ground to catch the ball.But the weak header just bounced in front of him...he need more experience to deal with that. Hey...but lets not forget that his right hand saved a Del Piero's shot on target, of which I tot it must be a goal. What can u ask more from a trainee 19 years old..

I would foresee that one of our keeper will go...We dun need Dudek, Kirland and Carson.

I would also forsee that if there is inquiry..Rafa would have no doubt to offload Baros. 10m offer from Valencia ? I think Rafa will partner a deal cash + player with Valencia..may be 1-1 swap with Aimar ?? I know we need at least 4 strikers. Next season we will have Moreintes, Cisse, Signama and Mellor...may be get free striker..old but may be good and experince, such as Mista.

And my finally prediction...Kewell will be gone. He is earning 60k a week...9th highest paid EPL footballer.but his performance is no where near even the 29th best players. We have Riise to play, who has improved. and scoring...and he can defend too. Rafa would also on and off play Garcia in LM.