Page 143 of 197 FirstFirst ... 93118133138141142143144145148153168193 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,860 of 3924

Thread: LFC - You'll Never Walk Alone

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32
    Liverpool never recover from that as English sides were banned for 5 years after the disaster and Liverpool (being the repeated champions in those years) missed out on the European Cup...
    I think English club was banned 5 years while Liverpool was banned 6 years from that incident. The following year English Division 1 Champion - Everton was extremely tulan, found themselves not be able to play for te European Champion.

Actually I am suspicious those made trouble at the Heysel disaster might not be all Liveprool fans.. There were very likely other English team supportes who went for the match and created those troubles..Some kind of paid hooligans who were there to sabotage us....

Aiya.... You have to admit it's possible that some Liverpool fans are hooligans as well...

IIRC, the incident is also partially due to 2 factors:
    Overcrowding
    Fencing/non-sitting stadium

All these were changed these days so less problem (except for Cantona kungfu fighting!)

Aiya.... You have to admit it's possible that some Liverpool fans are hooligans as well...
    no lah...we are all gentlemen and nice fellow one....hahahaaaaaa

IIRC, the incident is also partially due to 2 factors:
    Overcrowding
    Fencing/non-sitting stadium

All these were changed these days so less problem (except for Cantona kungfu fighting!)
    oh... fans? hahhaa
    luckily the players are generally well behaved unlike some clubs!! hehehe!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

i am really psyched up for the Juve match....
    Cant wait for kick off!

But its a shame we always play at home on the first leg, but then again, hope our casualty list improves by then time we travel there...
    We have to hope the Kop provides the 12th player come tuesday...

Cmon you reds!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by laugh
    i am really psyched up for the Juve match....
    Cant wait for kick off!

But its a shame we always play at home on the first leg, but then again, hope our casualty list improves by then time we travel there...
    We have to hope the Kop provides the 12th player come tuesday...

Cmon you reds!!!!
    me too me too!!

really to let rip at the juve boys!

EEEEeeeEeeeGGgggGggoooooooorrrrrrr!!!!!

based on their performances this year, don't think Liverpool will stand a chance against Juventus' defence but they could well spring a surprise again.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by tao
    based on their performances this year, don't think Liverpool will stand a chance against Juventus' defence but they could well spring a surprise again.
    If I were to play the game..I would play an open style for the 1st half..Testing Water mah..

If Juventus attack is too fierce for us to handle...then change to play defensively and counter attack style in 2nd half. Use Midfielder as Riise, Biscan , Gerrard, Garcia, Nunez and play Baros as lone striker. This line up can dominate the midfield with more control. When counter attack, we have Riise and Nunze on both wing to run deep. and Gerrad as midddle and Baros upfront.

When Gerrard drop back to defend....we have Biscan, Riise, and Gerrard to sustain the pressure.

Hope for 1-0. Draw is not too bad provided it is 0-0.

Then for the away game, play ultra super defensive. if both leg end up penalty shoot up..I have a feeling we will win it.
    Last edited by MichaelLee; 4th April 2005 at 10:01 PM.

Newcastle United fined Lee Bowyer six weeks' wages on Monday for his part in Saturday's on-field fight with team mate Kieron Dyer, but confirmed that both players would remain at the club. Bowyer was fined the maximum allowed - estimated to be around £250,000

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlin...329637&cc=4716

Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit
    Newcastle United fined Lee Bowyer six weeks' wages on Monday for his part in Saturday's on-field fight with team mate Kieron Dyer, but confirmed that both players would remain at the club. Bowyer was fined the maximum allowed - estimated to be around £250,000

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlin...329637&cc=4716
    Good thing Houllier never signed the man!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Venom81
    The CL 4th place spot is getting nearer and nearer. I can feel it now.
    I hope Everton dun make me eat my words!

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    I think English club was banned 5 years while Liverpool was banned 6 years from that incident. The following year English Division 1 Champion - Everton was extremely tulan, found themselves not be able to play for te European Champion.

Actually I am suspicious those made trouble at the Heysel disaster might not be all Liveprool fans.. There were very likely other English team supportes who went for the match and created those troubles..Some kind of paid hooligans who were there to sabotage us....
    Liverpool was banned 8 years. Not 6. Rest of English clubs got a 5 year ban. Anyway, its the fans fault. Not the club and its over liao. Those fans not only sabo Liverpool, they sabo the entire old English 1st division!

If I were to play the game..I would play an opne style for the 1st half..Testing Water mah..

If Juventus attack is too fierce for us to handle...will play defensively and counter attack style. Use Midfielder as Riise, Biscan , gerrard Garcia, Nunez and play Baros as lone striker. This line up can dominate the midfield with more control. When counter attack, we have Riise and Nunze on both wing to run deep. and gerrad as midddle and Baros upfront.

When Gerrard drop back to defend....we have Biscan, Riise, and Gerrard to sustain the pressure.

Hope for 1-0. Draw is not too bad provided it is 0-0.

Then for the away game, play ultra super defensive. if both leg end up penalty shoot up..I have a feeling we will win it.
    I think Liverpool have to take the game to them. Juventus are the defensive expert. But i think Juventus just have the edge over pool due to their recent experience and superior squad. Hope for the best!
    Last edited by afbug; 4th April 2005 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by afbug
    Juventus are the defensive expert. But i think Juventus just have the edge over pool due to their recent experience and superior squad. Hope for the best!
    It is true. It is as usual that the Italian Giant are damn good at defending..ie AC Milan.

It will be hard for us to break them down in opne play. Baros like to keep the ball at his feet..It is easy job for the Juventus defender to close him down. We can either break them by counter attack. TOo bad we have no Owen anymore...(still remember the way he scored of 2 goal against Roma when Roma was the Serie A Champion).

However.. we stand a chance to score by
    1) setpieces (free kick/corner followed by header)
    2) cross in by right/flank and header.

We got to explore their weakest point (or least strongest)...that is where Buffon dealing when crossing in/high ball..

most important thing, we must not conceed a goal. if we fall behind, it could be disastrous.
    nedved is set to play...we need to neutralise him and camoranesi to cut off the supply to the juve forwards. italians are vulnerable when you hit them fast and use the wings often. problem is that we don't really have fast, tricky wingers. gerard's long passes will probably be crucial.
    hope the lads can maintain their focus. if they can keep focused and work hard in every game, we might just have a hope of making the 4th place and doing well in the CL.

on paper, we lose... but the ball is round, and we are banking on that. We cannot concede at anfield, as wong_se put it, a 1-0 win may just suffice.
    Hope Baros brings his international form to anfield.

Quote Originally Posted by marios_pittas
    Good thing Houllier never signed the man!!!
    wa say man...
    sign bowyer for 8million pound at that time! madness!

luckily this bowyer guy is only interested in money and his heart's not with the club.
    at least houllier's not blind to that! hohoho!
    the best decision houllier has ever made was to release anelka and abandon the signing of bowyer!

hohoho! master-stroke!

Sorry, an Italian side will always have the better chance of winning a penalty shootout for obvious reasons. They are all trained and prepared for it as they like to draw their cup matches 0-0!

Quote Originally Posted by tao
    Sorry, an Italian side will always have the better chance of winning a penalty shootout for obvious reasons. They are all trained and prepared for it as they like to draw their cup matches 0-0!
    The Italian are famous for their def.

Quote Originally Posted by Venom81
    The Italian are famous for their def.
    Wah gonna 3 am liao!

Quote Originally Posted by giddygoat
    most important thing, we must not conceed a goal. if we fall behind, it could be disastrous.
    nedved is set to play...we need to neutralise him and camoranesi to cut off the supply to the juve forwards. italians are vulnerable when you hit them fast and use the wings often. problem is that we don't really have fast, tricky wingers. gerard's long passes will probably be crucial.
    hope the lads can maintain their focus. if they can keep focused and work hard in every game, we might just have a hope of making the 4th place and doing well in the CL.
    True. Don't let Juve score 1st or they will def like siao.

we will thrash them!!!