Page 133 of 197 FirstFirst ... 83108123128131132133134135138143158183 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,660 of 3924

Thread: LFC - You'll Never Walk Alone

Quote Originally Posted by giddygoat
    had a bad day?
    Haha pls dun mind her. She is just being naughty or maybe angry.....cos i just suan her.

Quote Originally Posted by afbug
    Hahah oh yes, managed by Sparky. I will like to see Mark Hughes win something as a manager.

Arsenal....alamak they play fabulous football but when the going gets tough, they become monsters. I am scared of them.
    bunch of bad-pennies (bad-francs?). i used to admire them for their skills but the attitude sucks. and pires and his diving. seems like he's trying out for the french olympics platform diving team or something. and henry is so good but behaves like a sulky kid when things don't work out.........
    mark hughes was a great player and he did well with wales too. would like to see an underdog team beat all the big preening boys

bunch of bad-pennies (bad-francs?). i used to admire them for their skills but the attitude sucks. and pires and his diving. seems like he's trying out for the french olympics platform diving team or something. and henry is so good but behaves like a sulky kid when things don't work out.........
    mark hughes was a great player and he did well with wales too. would like to see an underdog team beat all the big preening boys
    Wah Pires! Makes my blood boil. He just got a yellow for diving against bolton last weekend. Henry....he is a deep person. Dunno whats he is thinking.....a little like Cantona. Dunno what "Life is like a flock of seagulls following a trawler"!?!?!

Mark, since he gone into managing, his hair turn silver liao. Going white? Steve Bruce still got black hair. Maybe he lazy, never think.

Ok, i gotta turn in for the night. Nice talking to you. Goodnite.

I would like to see newcastle win, esp if shearer is retiring. What a befitting way to send off one of the England top striker.

Funny, if you dun give a damn, why ask if its the semis? Oh nevermind Goodnite.
    i asked cos it's funny that u all only mentioned 4 teams mah...

i tot FA cup got a lot of teams...

had a bad day?
    not having a bad day,

just being a sore loser....

i don't like poools to lose...

Yes Gerrard is more than a defensive midfielder. He can attack, he is hardworking and most of all, he is a leader but he lacks that killer pass, that vision and instinct to split open defenses.

In the English team, he is the undisputed 1st choice defensive midfielder, followed by Butt these days. The attacking role goes to Scholes (retire liao) and Lampard.

Benitaz use him as an attacking midfielder cos he dun have other attacking options in midfield. The closest thing is Kewell but he out of form these days.

Aimar and Van der vaat are very good players but it is hard to find a combo like Gerrard. (Can attack + defend) Van Bommel (Defensive) and Van der vaat (Attacking) will make a very good combo. Martin Jol is eyeing them liao.

gravesen?!?! Cannot lah! He was from Everton! essien is still a raw talent. Must polish a bit.

I will have cold feet if Man Utd meet Arsenal in the Final man. They will be out for revenge........die die also must win esp after the 4-2 away win by United.
    u're a undisputed man utd fan aren;t u?

Stevie G is more than a defensive anchorman. he is a complete midfielder, the box-to-box type of player. and he is able to make killer passes or rather, defense splitting passes.

and, i beg to differ that Liverpool do not have good attacking midfielders, or rather, the lack of good attacking midfielders. we have Hamann as our anchorman, why would we want to look at someone else to anchor? Gerrard can be the attacking midfielder for the rear 4 is guarded ably by Biscan or Hamann or even Riise.

ok, maybe not guarded ably but to a certain substantial level. we've john welsh, stephen warnock and a few others coming through the ranks, raw talents too. i don't think we're in any crisis or rather, i'm in self denial. haha

i rate Stevie G higher than Lampard becos Stevie G is playing in a team that is in transition and struggling whereas Lampard plays with a bunch of superstars. Stevie G's impact on Liverpool is tremendous and if all goes well, next season we'll see him partnering Xabi Alonso in the centre of the park. now, that's really something.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

I agree with both views to a certain extent.

I am a great admirer of Gerrard's ability. However, i think sometimes he tries too hard. As a result, you will find liverpool playing better without him, ie 1st leg of CL?

He can play good passing but he still needs to improve on 3 areas:
    (1) improves his short passing as he has the vision but dun execute well for short passes;
    (2) Learn how to control the tempo of the game and let the game comes to him (see how alonso plays, he doesn't force the issue, same for players like Zidane etc)
    (3) Improve on his freekicks or stop taking them. Most times, he just blast it towards goals, which is either wide or saves easily by keepers.

If he improves on the above 3 areas, he will definitely be the undisputed King of midfield, England and world...:P

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32
    I agree with both views to a certain extent.

I am a great admirer of Gerrard's ability. However, i think sometimes he tries too hard. As a result, you will find liverpool playing better without him, ie 1st leg of CL?

He can play good passing but he still needs to improve on 3 areas:
    (1) improves his short passing as he has the vision but dun execute well for short passes;
    (2) Learn how to control the tempo of the game and let the game comes to him (see how alonso plays, he doesn't force the issue, same for players like Zidane etc)
    (3) Improve on his freekicks or stop taking them. Most times, he just blast it towards goals, which is either wide or saves easily by keepers.

If he improves on the above 3 areas, he will definitely be the undisputed King of midfield, England and world...:P
    yupz.. jus wish that he'll stay for another season!
    TO HELL WITH CHELSKI's MILLIONS!!!!!! hehehe

i really hope that Stevie G will stay for another season, at least. we've something brewing and he's the main ingredient!

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32
    ....:P
    yup, i fully agree. i think he's improved a lot as a player under rafa and would like to see him stay cos he still have much to learn. but it's up to him.
    don't flame me. i'm a huge fan of stevie g but sometimes i think he's more heart than head. he tried to do everything and have yet to learn that football is a team game. you need to learn to bring your mates into the game. too often he went charging ahead and leave his teammates lost behind him. in my opinion, his game still lacks maturity.
    that's why i always believed alonso (this season at least) is more important than stevie g. not becos he's a better player cos he's not. but rather because when alonso plays, he controls the game and he knows how to direct play and bring his mates into the game. look at the way we played with and without him. now, we seemed to backslide often to the longballs of houllier. when we had xabi, we were moving the ball from side to side like we owned the pitch.
    that's why gerrard was much deadlier with alonso beside him . he is like our joker, while xabi plays the controlled passes, gerrard's long passes and thunderbolt shots add the element of unpredictability to our side. if he learns to control himself, he would be even better and someday he can perhaps control the game even without alonso.
    and true, we are really short of set piece takers if steven gerrard takes our freekicks and corners. he is far from effective. that is one of our big weakness. our setpieces suck (whether defending or attacking). we are lacking in terms of delivery and also in the plays (our strategy seemed to be hit it somewhere in the box and hope hyypia is there). the movement in the box is a bit lacking. should learn from leicester. they were always the king of setpieces for me.

yup, i fully agree. i think he's improved a lot as a player under rafa and would like to see him stay cos he still have much to learn. but it's up to him.
    don't flame me. i'm a huge fan of stevie g but sometimes i think he's more heart than head. he tried to do everything and have yet to learn that football is a team game. you need to learn to bring your mates into the game. too often he went charging ahead and leave his teammates lost behind him. in my opinion, his game still lacks maturity.
    that's why i always believed alonso (this season at least) is more important than stevie g. not becos he's a better player cos he's not. but rather because when alonso plays, he controls the game and he knows how to direct play and bring his mates into the game. look at the way we played with and without him. now, we seemed to backslide often to the longballs of houllier. when we had xabi, we were moving the ball from side to side like we owned the pitch.
    that's why gerrard was much deadlier with alonso beside him . he is like our joker, while xabi plays the controlled passes, gerrard's long passes and thunderbolt shots add the element of unpredictability to our side. if he learns to control himself, he would be even better and someday he can perhaps control the game even without alonso.
    and true, we are really short of set piece takers if steven gerrard takes our freekicks and corners. he is far from effective. that is one of our big weakness. our setpieces suck (whether defending or attacking). we are lacking in terms of delivery and also in the plays (our strategy seemed to be hit it somewhere in the box and hope hyypia is there). the movement in the box is a bit lacking. should learn from leicester. they were always the king of setpieces for me.
    Precisely! Alonso as the AMC and Gerrard as a DMC. Works wonders. I am not saying that Gerrard cannot attack or play as attacking midfeilder, I think his forte is as a defensive midfielder.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    u're a undisputed man utd fan aren;t u?

Stevie G is more than a defensive anchorman. he is a complete midfielder, the box-to-box type of player. and he is able to make killer passes or rather, defense splitting passes.

and, i beg to differ that Liverpool do not have good attacking midfielders, or rather, the lack of good attacking midfielders. we have Hamann as our anchorman, why would we want to look at someone else to anchor? Gerrard can be the attacking midfielder for the rear 4 is guarded ably by Biscan or Hamann or even Riise.

ok, maybe not guarded ably but to a certain substantial level. we've john welsh, stephen warnock and a few others coming through the ranks, raw talents too. i don't think we're in any crisis or rather, i'm in self denial. haha

i rate Stevie G higher than Lampard becos Stevie G is playing in a team that is in transition and struggling whereas Lampard plays with a bunch of superstars. Stevie G's impact on Liverpool is tremendous and if all goes well, next season we'll see him partnering Xabi Alonso in the centre of the park. now, that's really something.
    BTW, there is not such a thing as a complete midfielder. No one is perfect. The one comes closes to a complete striker is Ronaldo. Even he has his weakenss.

Of course Liverpool dun need anymore anchor man or attacking midfielder. They already have them. Its just that some of them are not championship material. I say again, I think that Gerrard is the best defensive midfielder in England. There is a reason why he is so coverted by Chelsea and Madrid. He is a combo.

Oh yes, I am a United fan.
    Last edited by afbug; 16th March 2005 at 01:17 AM.

Precisely! Alonso as the AMC and Gerrard as a DMC. Works wonders. I am not saying that Gerrard cannot attack or play as attacking midfeilder, I think his forte is as a defensive midfielder.

i kinda feel it's somewhat the other way around. alonso is actually recognised as a defensive midfielder. if you see him play, you'll see him sit back and pass the ball around. he's not as defensive minded as hamann of course but he does hang back and win balls then distribute it to other players. unlike many of the english DMCs, many continental DMCs can also pass the ball well, not just go and whack people, though i must say xabi is one of the best passers in that role (i may be biased )
    gerrard works very hard and he competes like siao for the ball but he actually looks to get forward at every opportunity. maybe he's not a real AMC but definitely closer to an MC than a DMC. just think of beckham playing in the middle.

so you admit to your "crime"

so you admit to your "crime"
    Oh yes, a almost perfect crime. Haha. Is Liverpool touring asia in the close season? going HK but not SG.

Stevie G is bestest when he gets a free roaming role

i kinda feel it's somewhat the other way around. alonso is actually recognised as a defensive midfielder. if you see him play, you'll see him sit back and pass the ball around. he's not as defensive minded as hamann of course but he does hang back and win balls then distribute it to other players. unlike many of the english DMCs, many continental DMCs can also pass the ball well, not just go and whack people, though i must say xabi is one of the best passers in that role (i may be biased )
    gerrard works very hard and he competes like siao for the ball but he actually looks to get forward at every opportunity. maybe he's not a real AMC but definitely closer to an MC than a DMC. just think of beckham playing in the middle.
    Beckham! Alamak he can't play in the middle la although he claims that he can! He is at his best in the right wing. He open new footie school.

Beckham! Alamak he can't play in the middle la although he claims that he can! He is at his best in the right wing. He open new footie school.
    err.. beck's best when he is doing his catwalks

Beckham is best at the right cause he can cross balls in.

Exclamation

oh yes, that is disgusting! hahaha!

and yes, Gerrard's the complete midfielder!!!

beckham is good at signing autographs and pepsi-cola deals.