Page 130 of 197 FirstFirst ... 80105120125128129130131132135140155180 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,600 of 3924

Thread: LFC - You'll Never Walk Alone

Quote Originally Posted by afbug
    I dun think so lah! If the CL champion is from England, the 4 CL spots allocated to England will still stand. So if Chelsea or Liverpool wins the CL, the 5th place in Premiership will be in CL. Only England, Spain and Italy are allocated 4 spots for CL based on UEFA's co-efficent system of the clubs' performance in CL and the strength of the countries individual league.
    But it is so confusing since this season they changed the format of CL, it might limit to just 4 clubs. Not sure also. Wait and see lor.

no matter wat happens
    england will have a max of 4 teams in the CL
    so if let's say liverpool win CL and everton somehow finish 4th
    the english FA will decide whether the 4th place team or the CL winner goes into CL
    anyway regarding the max of 4 teams..mi abt 99% sure it's rite
    regarding the 2nd part..mi abt 70-80% sure that i am rite

i think you are right. If Liverpool win CL but did not finish top 4 in the league, the English FA can request that Liverpool qualify for next season's CL. The 4th placed team will then have to play in UEFA Cup instead. Not sure whether if that happens, have to go thru the qualifying phase or not though.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyday
    no matter wat happens
    england will have a max of 4 teams in the CL
    so if let's say liverpool win CL and everton somehow finish 4th
    the english FA will decide whether the 4th place team or the CL winner goes into CL
    anyway regarding the max of 4 teams..mi abt 99% sure it's rite
    regarding the 2nd part..mi abt 70-80% sure that i am rite
    sigh.

everton in CL?? oh pls.....

Everton have been warned that they could miss out on the UEFA Champions League, if local rivals Liverpool go on to win the competition.

Uefa have confirmed that only four teams from any one nation will be allowed entry to next season's competition.
    If Liverpool remain outside of the top four at the season's end, a victory for The Reds in the European flagship club competition would mean they receive automatic qualification.
    The number of league places that qualify would then be reduced to three - meaning that, as it stands, Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal would be granted entry.
    The news will come as an enormous blow to Everton, who may well now be dependant on their neighbours bowing out of the tournament.
    Liverpool sealed their progression through to the quarter finals of the Champions League with victory over Bayer Leverkusen on Wednesday, but are some way off the pace in the Premiership.
    Rafa Benitez's men are eight points behind The Toffees - and now a major up-turn in form is necessary to pin back their neighbours

we still have a lot to worry about before we need to bother about that. main thing now is to focus on gaining some consistency and winning as games as possible, both in the league and in the CL. in the best of worlds, we'd finish fourth and win the CL so at least poor everton won't feel so hard done by our CL win
    it's nice to hope. fingers crossed

Quote Originally Posted by giddygoat
    we still have a lot to worry about before we need to bother about that. main thing now is to focus on gaining some consistency and winning as games as possible, both in the league and in the CL. in the best of worlds, we'd finish fourth and win the CL so at least poor everton won't feel so hard done by our CL win
    An ideal scenario. fingers crossed and toes crossed

Quote Originally Posted by laugh
    hehehe, this is a happy happy day!
    Who would you wish we come up against in the quarters?

Chelsea, Juventus, Milan, PSV, Bayern, Lyon, Inter/Porto?

Tough choice... ehehehe

I personally hope for the either PSV or Lyon... not underestimating them, but higher chance I suppose.

Come on liverpool! Win 3 more matches and we win the Champions League!
    PSV or Lyon would be better. Don't want Liverpool to meet Juventus, AC Milan or maybe Inter. No Italian teams

Quite shocked to see no spanish team in the last 8.

no no..in an ideal world..everton WILL finish 4th AND liverpool WILL the champs league

Quote Originally Posted by giddygoat

coz ronaldinho said that no spanish teams will make it to the quarter finals mah..hmm..wait a min..did he say english or spanish??can't really rem

Quote Originally Posted by Venom81
    Quite shocked to see no spanish team in the last 8.

no no..in an ideal world..everton WILL finish 4th AND liverpool WILL the champs league
    hehehe! in he real world, Liverpool will win the CL and finish 4th in the EPL!
    wahahahaha!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

PSV or Lyon would be better. Don't want Liverpool to meet Juventus, AC Milan or maybe Inter. No Italian teams
    no Inter le...

i think inter will go through ahead or porto.

Quote Originally Posted by totofile
    no Inter le...
    Thats why I said maybe Inter. Inter may knock out Porto and to join the last 8.

Finish 4th place already very good for Liverpool liao. Win CL??? I don't think so..... Concentrate on getting 4th is a better and realistic goal.

Hope for the best but be prepared for the worst is what I would say now.....

Finish 4th place already very good for Liverpool liao. Win CL??? I don't think so..... Concentrate on getting 4th is a better and realistic goal.

No liverpool match this weekend? Sianz...

seems like pool plays so much better when in CL n veri pathetic when playing away in league games.
    ppl like garcia is so much diff when playing in europe

got weekday n weekend match tis coming week mah..but too bad i can't watch the derby..haiz..in msia watching f1

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32
    No liverpool match this weekend? Sianz...