Page 12 of 197 FirstFirst ... 27101112131417223762 ... LastLast

Thread: LFC - You'll Never Walk Alone

Fowler!!!! likewise, my no.1 favourite LIVERPOOL player!!

but that was then... now it's Stevie G!!!

its indeed saddening to see Fowler's career biting dust... his unfulfilled potential...
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    ..eventually LFC get in return for 8m + an injured player..
    yeah, that sucked but well, he wasn't injured when he signed. immediately after signing, he then promptly tripped over a hole and seemed to be out forever. feels like an episode of some slapstick comedy doesn't it? maybe it's a con job and it was all Real's plan cos he wasn't actually a football player but some guy they picked up off the streets of madrid and used to offset the cost of owen
    seriously though, i hope nunez is worth the wait.
    Sunday's the day of reckoning. If we're gonna win away just once, i would wish it's this sunday just so that arrogant mourinho would get some egg in his face.

very dissapointed to see liverpool sink at the early season.

According to statistic...no team win the EPL by losing more than 6 games.

if we lose to chelase...we would have lost 3 games already. After 6matches in EPL...we are half way to write off liverpool as the tittle contender...<sigh>....

we'll hantum Chelsea!

just read an article on Owen.

he seems to be stating his desire to leave Real Madrid. he complained that he's playing every week in England, but only a bench-warmer in Real Madrid.
    from superstar to an expensive bench warmer!

any chance of him making a surprise return to Anfield or any other EPL teams next Jan?

problem is that, owen is gonna cost a hell of a lot more than 8million when they do sell him. so it would actually cost the club money to sign him back.... don't sound like a good deal to me.
    maybe to chelski or newcastle ? most likely not MU cos they have rooney, smith and van ninny.
    anyway, if he didn't want to stay from the start, there's really no point in bringing him home just because his great spanish adventure didn't work out.
    I'd rather try our luck with mellor and pongolle. and if we have that much money to spend, would be better to spend it on someone like Torres, Tevez or even Beattie.
    Hope the team plays well on Sunday.

Mellor van Basten scores goals for fun in the reserves, if he can do that in the first team... hmmm

Owen? hmm he chose to leave... it would be quite crazy to bring him back at a higher price

Fowler.. sigh...

prediction for next match
    Chelski 1:3 Liverpool

Ah yes young Mellor. Reserves? Heh, I was there

that's so cool! Would have loved to be able to watch liverpool play. especially the reserves! be nice to watch some of the youngsters play, eg potter, welsh and mellor.
    one more day to the match.

Err, cool? I got the call at about 11:30am saying, you know how you're a Liverpool fan and you'd love to do all their games... etc. Next thing I know I'm legging it across to Wales (!) to shoot Junichi Inamoto (and drop a few frames of Kirkland and Henchoz while you're at it please), which for the uninitiated is about a 400 mile round trip from where I am. That's, erm, 650km. Oooh, nice... I hope the Japs are happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Jed
    Err, cool? I got the call at about 11:30am saying, you know how you're a Liverpool fan and you'd love to do all their games... etc. Next thing I know I'm legging it across to Wales (!) to shoot Junichi Inamoto (and drop a few frames of Kirkland and Henchoz while you're at it please), which for the uninitiated is about a 400 mile round trip from where I am. That's, erm, 650km. Oooh, nice... I hope the Japs are happy!
    that is still NICE for the rest of us who can only dream of it happenig to us...

not all of us are in such a priviledged position as u're(being a professional sports photographer and all)! haha!

go go go!

Haha privileged? I dunno. Watching Liverpool's great, just about any other game tends to be just a job really. Put it this way, I shoot about 3-4 games a week on average... for about 35-40 weeks a year. It starts to get very, erm, tedious, very quickly. And the games are one thing, the travelling's another altogether. But yes, watching Liverpool's great.

yeah!! i guess the best part is to cover Liverpool's game and that we are winning! wonder how the atmosphere's like in a game in Anfield... guess it must be electrifying...

go LIVERPOOL!!!

think alot of us are envious of jed...

doing what he likes best as a career - shooting....
    and shooting what he likes best - Liverpool

though the thing that sucks is the travelling
    Confidence is thinking you'll be Champions, arrogance is stating it.

Quote Originally Posted by akane
    think alot of us are envious of jed...

doing what he likes best as a career - shooting....
    and shooting what he likes best - Liverpool

though the thing that sucks is the travelling

heh heh! i love travelling though!!
    taking photographs of Liverpool in action is an unbelievable dream(at least to me!)!

tonight it's showdown with Chelski!! go LIVERPOOL!!
    i believe we can upset the gals from Stamford Bridge!!!

well, travelling to often is probably a chore but imagine, you're doing something you love, you get to watch the sports you like and the team you support. And though too much travelling can be a chore, it's still better than having your butt glued to a desk all day. Face it, Jed, you're the envy of most people here
    I just hope that tonight, the players all can adopt the steel and spirit of Carra, the passing and vision of Alonso and the finishing of...er....we need a good finisher, don't we? I vote for young Mellor!!! Hope he gets a chance.
    Liverpool all the way!!!!!

Just saw this under "media watch" on liverpoolfc.tv
    MICHAEL OWEN could become a Liverpool player again next season if his Spanish nightmare continues at Real Madrid.
    It's understood Liverpool, who sold the England striker to Madrid for 8million just two months ago, have first option to buy him back should he be made available.
    And although new Kop boss Rafael Benitez believes Owen will still succeed at the Bernabeu, last night he refused to rule out a move for the former Anfield idol next summer.
    "Liverpool could not go for him during the transfer window in January because of FIFA transfer regulations. That could only happen next summer," said Benitez after being quizzed on the possibility of Owen's return.
    Owen has made it clear he will review his position in Spain if he cannot command a place in the Real starting line-up. But Benitez, former boss of Valencia, believes Owen should tough it out.
    "I only worked with Michael for a month before he went to Spain, but if he shows the same positive attitude and hard work that he showed me, then I think he will be OK at Real," said Benitez.
    "He must understand that to succeed there he must keep his mind positive. Then I think it will only be a matter of time for him to succeed because he is a very good player.
    "It is always difficult for English players to go to clubs in the south of Europe - they tend to be more suited to the style of football of the north."

Is this for real, i wonder? really of two minds about this. be nice to get him back but question is that since he had already shown he wanted to leave, how committed he is to the club? and how will the other players accept him back?
    most importantly, if it cost the club more than the 8mil they made from his sale, forget it!

waaaa

i don;t think i'd fancy seeing Owen playing for the Reds...

felt a'lil let down by him! hmmmmph!!

over-ran by chelski in the first half!!

nightmare team selection from Benitez????

Traore and Diao in the same team!!!

got a shock though, seeing Kirkland in goal and nearly injured himself yet again in the opening mins!