Page 10 of 197 FirstFirst ... 58910111215203560 ... LastLast

Thread: LFC - You'll Never Walk Alone

haha. yup, you're right. we sucked in every department against man utd, especially first half. zonal defending need a lot of alertness on the part of the defenders. that's why i always felt we need one more defender. one which can read the game well and react quickly. otherwise, we'll be at the mercy of late run-ins from defenders or people like scholes who like to sneak in late and score.
    nunez out for 6 week ?!!! still, maybe this would give partridge a chance to impress.

buying one more CD do not solve the probelm...unless he can understand the play Benitez want him to play ..the zone defending....

Nesta...who used to play zone defending with AC Milan ..then he can click on. Or else..a CD whom has no experience with zone defending...also do not help much...

They need more pracitce.

Zone defending is less tiring...Hamann, the only one I would rate that who has the mind to read the game and attack should do good for another 2-3 years with this system. He should be able to provide extra support to break/intercept the attack flow before it approach to our danger zone..

Default US takeover for Liverpool?

Read here

Two US-based entertainment executives with Merseyside roots have entered the race for control of Liverpool.
    Mike Jefferies and Stuart Ford are reported to be in talks with the club with a view to putting together a deal worth 100million.
    ``We would like to be able to contribute to helping Liverpool become the most successful club in the world again,'' Jefferies told the Financial Times.
    Jefferies is the chairman of Los Angeles-based Milkshake Films, and is currently producing Goal!, a football movie trilogy to be released from next year. Ford is an entertainment lawyer and movie executive previously with Miramax Films.
    Their interest could spark a three-way battle for control of Liverpool.
    The club rejected a second approach by local businessman Steve Morgan in May. Morgan, who had initially offered to inject 73million, worked his way up from being a Liverpool brickie to a 300million fortune.
    Thailand prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra entered the power struggle when he revealed plans to pay 65million for a 30% stake in the club.
    That bid hit a number of stumbling blocks, but was revived by backing from Bangkok media company GMM Grammy.

(reported on Reuters as well)

12:21 24Sep2004 RTRS-Soccer-Third group keen on Liverpool takeover -- report

LONDON, Sept 24 (Reuters) - A third group have started talks with Liverpool aimed at taking control of the Premier League club, according to a report in Friday's Financial Times.
    Mike Jefferies and Stuart Ford, two American-based entertainment executives with Liverpool roots, are keen to put together a deal potentially worth 100 million pounds ($180.2 million), said the Financial Times.
    "We would like to be able to contribute to helping Liverpool become the most successful club in the world," Jefferies was quoted as saying.
    Two weeks ago, Thai media tycoon Paiboon Damrongchaitham, also bidding to buy a stake in Liverpool, said he would meet representatives of the club later this month to try to finalise a deal.
    Paiboon took over negotiations after Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra was forced to back out of his proposed $120 million deal for a 30 percent stake in Liverpool due to fierce criticism of his plan to use public money.
    British businessman Steve Morgan announced last month that he had failed in his bid to complete a 70 million pounds takeover of the four-times former champions of Europe.

sounds interesting. more money . maybe this group may allow LFC to get a look-in into the US youth players and the MLS clubs. some of the US youngsters are quite promising.
    you're right, we don't really need new players that badly and it's more important to work on those we have. but would be nice to add more depth to the side, especially with so many matches to play inc. cups and champion's league. hope more youngsters rise from the ranks to make an impact in the senior team too.

Please give Mellor and Partridge a chance...

We need another scouser or home grown player to rise through the ranks.

Just like God, Owen, Gerrard, Mcmanaman etc...
    Confidence is thinking you'll be Champions, arrogance is stating it.

Prediction : Liverpool 3-0 norwich

nothing less than a resounding victory will be enough for the Reds' Fans!!

go LIVERPOOL GO GO!!

hope to see a Cisse and Baros strikeforce!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

almost time for match

go go go!!!!!!!!!

LIVERPOOL!!!!

1-0!!!!

Milan Baros!!!!

2-0!!!!!!!!!!!

garciaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

GOAL GOAL GOAL!!!!

3-0!!!!!!!!!!!! zhapchit gonna hit the target again??

we love LIVERPOOL!!!! we LOVE LIVERPOOL!!!
    we love LIVERPOOL!!!! WE LOVE LIVERPOOL!!!

good performance by the boys!!
    no stevie but still an awe-inspiring display!!

Yeah. Great performance by liverpool. I think it was the best performance for the last 2-3 years?!

Alonso is finally pulling the strings with some amazing passes. Warnock is running his socks off and may give Kewell a run for the 1st team.

All these was achieved despite the fact that Cisse and Baros are still not on the same wavelength!

Bring on Olympiakos !!
    (to be shown on 5am, delayed on Ch23)

Quote Originally Posted by giddygoat
    3-0!!!!!!!!!!!! zhapchit gonna hit the target again??
    yah

predictions for next match anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit
    predictions for next match anyone?
    Yeah hurry up, I go put money down.

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32
    I think manure is hungry and also very lucky as both goals came from nothing as the freekick is not a freekick and the corner is deflected out of ryan giggs.

As for Gerard's injury, apparently it is the metarsaral (not sure of the spelling) bone (england's curse? beckham, rooney and now gerard!) and he will be out for 2 mths.

I thought rafael should have replaced kewell with baros and played garcia behind the front two this morning for the last 20mins. Nothing to lose anyway.

One thing i must say is Alonso and Josemi seems to be playing very well now. Not forgetting Finnan ( I think he will be a regular on the right wing) and Hamann when he came on.

As i mentioned in an earlier thread, we need central defenders. I am still not convince of Carragher as a CD but rather he play as as RB or LB as and when required. And Hypia seems to be 2 steps slower this season. I am pretty sure Hypia cannot recapture the form of 2 years ago when we won all the trophies
    benitez !! are you reading this!! didnt you know? Have you ever seen a ball not?

Ra-fa... Rafael... Ra-fa... Rafael... Ra-fa... Rafael... Rafael Benitez...

As i mentioned in an earlier thread, we need central defenders. I am still not convince of Carragher as a CD but rather he play as as RB or LB as and when required. And Hypia seems to be 2 steps slower this season. I am pretty sure Hypia cannot recapture the form of 2 years ago when we won all the trophies
    Benitez is applying the new defending tactics...the zone defending..Of which we were totally failure as u could see from the match against MU...WE could not defend our own zone and let Silvetres came in the box to score twice wihout any defender marking on him.

I dun believe another CD will solve current problem we are facing now. Bring in 1 or 2 defender does not help..Unless he is very familiar and understand the "zone defending" ie..Nesta or most of the italian defender.

EPL has mostly using man-mark defending...and Liverpool is learning a new trick..There is lots of confusion..Even Sami Hyypia look a bit puzzled how to zone defending....

Of course we need a long term replacement for Hyypia.. I reckon before that..more importantly we must first sort out the understabding of "zone defending" and to build to communication among defender and the defensive midfielder.

Page 10 of 197 FirstFirst ... 58910111215203560 ... LastLast