Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 187

Thread: The new Sigma 85mm 1.4 for Pentax

  1. #81
    Senior Member felixcat8888's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    9,108

    Default Re: The new Sigma 85mm 1.4 for Pentax

    Quote Originally Posted by istDeS View Post
    Unless you shoot a lot of portraits. If not just keep your FA77. Bokeh is not everything...
    Thanks Des, I might just do that. No more $$$ to spend.
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2



  2. #82
    Member zoom3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,017

    Default Re: The new Sigma 85mm 1.4 for Pentax

    Don't sell the FA77. I will never part with mine, that's for sure But I suggest you don't handle the 85, otherwise there will be no turning back

    Yes, bokeh is not everything. Here's proof

    @F4.0


    @F4.0
    Last edited by zoom3; 3rd May 2011 at 11:32 PM.

  3. #83

    Default Re: The new Sigma 85mm 1.4 for Pentax

    When one venture more and more into modeling photography.
    One will figure out which is the main factor that makes a photo pop the audiences' eyes....
    ...
    ..
    .













































    THE MODEL!!!

  4. #84

    Default Re: The new Sigma 85mm 1.4 for Pentax

    Quote Originally Posted by istDeS View Post
    Unless you shoot a lot of portraits. If not just keep your FA77. Bokeh is not everything...
    i wish we could have more samples of the fa77 for portraits. maybe those with 85mm f1.4 and fa77 can go to a shoot together and compare the results and show the rest of us?

    so hard to make a decision between the 2.

  5. #85
    Senior Member creampuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Dover
    Posts
    5,116

    Default Re: The new Sigma 85mm 1.4 for Pentax

    Quote Originally Posted by zoom3 View Post
    Don't sell the FA77. I will never part with mine, that's for sure But I suggest you don't handle the 85, otherwise there will be no turning back

    Yes, bokeh is not everything. Here's proof

    @F4.0


    @F4.0
    She's hawt!!! Great contrast in color and theme.
    Was this shot at Fort Canning?
    I think I'm "still not convinced"... we all need more photographic... ahem, proof

  6. #86
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Shunfu Road, Singapore
    Posts
    2,465

    Default Re: The new Sigma 85mm 1.4 for Pentax

    Love the Siggy's rendition on K5, much better than on the warmer Canon sensor. Infact, I actually prefer the look and feel of the Siggy than the FA 85 based on what I see only on this thread. Agree that we should include the 77 in the picture.
    Home is where the heart is.

  7. #87
    Senior Member oceanpriest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ghim Moh
    Posts
    3,453

    Default Re: The new Sigma 85mm 1.4 for Pentax

    Quote Originally Posted by creampuff View Post
    She's hawt!!! Great contrast in color and theme.
    Was this shot at Fort Canning?
    I think I'm "still not convinced"... we all need more photographic... ahem, proof
    Agree with you. We should make this thread a sticky

  8. #88
    Member pentriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Guilin in Gombak
    Posts
    1,528

    Default Re: The new Sigma 85mm 1.4 for Pentax

    Quote Originally Posted by zoom3 View Post
    Don't sell the FA77. I will never part with mine, that's for sure But I suggest you don't handle the 85, otherwise there will be no turning back

    Yes, bokeh is not everything. Here's proof

    @F4.0
    Yes, bokeh is not everything.
    On the otherhand, no need FA77, FA85 or Sig 85 for the job.
    Pentax for Life

  9. #89
    Member pentriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Guilin in Gombak
    Posts
    1,528

    Default Re: The new Sigma 85mm 1.4 for Pentax

    Quote Originally Posted by evolutioner View Post
    When one venture more and more into modeling photography.
    One will figure out which is the main factor that makes a photo pop the audiences' eyes....
    ...
    ..
    .
    THE MODEL!!!
    My browser something wrong?
    Only see blank page.
    Pentax for Life

  10. #90
    Member zoom3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,017

    Default Re: The new Sigma 85mm 1.4 for Pentax

    Quote Originally Posted by creampuff View Post
    She's hawt!!! Great contrast in color and theme.
    Was this shot at Fort Canning?
    I think I'm "still not convinced"... we all need more photographic... ahem, proof
    Yes, shot at Fort Canning. At the very popular wooden gate.

    Okay, here are more proofs for your consideration. Bokeh or no bokeh ? Verdict please, your Honour.



    Last edited by zoom3; 4th May 2011 at 11:49 PM.

  11. #91

    Default Re: The new Sigma 85mm 1.4 for Pentax

    Both shots are nice, but i'd prefer to see the lower body in the first shot in focus too..

  12. #92
    Member zoom3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,017

    Default Re: The new Sigma 85mm 1.4 for Pentax

    Quote Originally Posted by evolutioner View Post
    Both shots are nice, but i'd prefer to see the lower body in the first shot in focus too..
    I agree...especially after you've seen that short short pants in focus , ha!

    Actually I was in 2 minds whether to post this pic but decided to to generate some comments. Compared to the FA77, the transition from in focus to out of focus is much more abrupt (a good thing in my books). The FA77's transition is more gradual. And the contrast/sharpness of the subject at large aperture is also better than the FA77. It focus accurately, with ease & consistency and fast (all from a working distance of 8m or more). So if you are into portraits, this is a must have lens, (to complement the Sigma 50mm)
    Last edited by zoom3; 5th May 2011 at 10:51 PM.

  13. #93

    Default Re: The new Sigma 85mm 1.4 for Pentax

    No direct comparisons with FA77?
    I'm curious to see the 3D effect claimed to be produced by the 3 FA princess

  14. #94
    Member zoom3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,017

    Default Re: The new Sigma 85mm 1.4 for Pentax

    Quote Originally Posted by evolutioner View Post
    No direct comparisons with FA77?
    I'm curious to see the 3D effect claimed to be produced by the 3 FA princess
    Will try to get some comparison done soon. I have some photos but not worth showing

  15. #95

    Default Re: The new Sigma 85mm 1.4 for Pentax

    Quote Originally Posted by zoom3 View Post
    Will try to get some comparison done soon. I have some photos but not worth showing

    Its actually just a ploy to get you to show them more 'revealing' photos

  16. #96
    Member zoom3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,017

    Default Re: The new Sigma 85mm 1.4 for Pentax

    Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    Its actually just a ploy to get you to show them more 'revealing' photos
    Yeah! Unfortunately (or fortunately), I dont have model's permission to show

  17. #97

    Default Re: The new Sigma 85mm 1.4 for Pentax

    Yah cannot show. For zoom3's "private use" only.

  18. #98

    Default Re: The new Sigma 85mm 1.4 for Pentax

    Quote Originally Posted by zoom3 View Post
    Yeah! Unfortunately (or fortunately), I dont have model's permission to show
    Come on lah! You show, for sure Sigma 85/1.4 will become THE BEST portrait lens with '3-D' effect

  19. #99

    Default Re: The new Sigma 85mm 1.4 for Pentax

    Quote Originally Posted by evolutioner View Post
    No direct comparisons with FA77?
    I'm curious to see the 3D effect claimed to be produced by the 3 FA princess

    I don't have the 77, but I'd certainly say that some lenses produces that '3D' effect more often than others.
    Probably some sort of sweet spot in focal length (so subject to camera distance), sharpness (real and apparent) and rendering.
    Of course direction of lighting plays a very large role as well.
    I thought you have quite a few lenses and you'd see them as well more often than others?


    No perfect beauty model photos to show, though.

    FA*85/1.4







  20. #100

    Default Re: The new Sigma 85mm 1.4 for Pentax

    Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    I don't have the 77, but I'd certainly say that some lenses produces that '3D' effect more often than others.
    Probably some sort of sweet spot in focal length (so subject to camera distance), sharpness (real and apparent) and rendering.
    Of course direction of lighting plays a very large role as well.
    I thought you have quite a few lenses and you'd see them as well more often than others?


    No perfect beauty model photos to show, though.

    FA*85/1.4







    nice!!
    but after some time with manual lenses, the novelty wears off and AF is actually darn important btw getting a good, usable shot and recycle bin shot..
    so now i'm looking to get a good portrait lens

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •