Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 58910

Thread: The new Sigma 85mm 1.4 for Pentax

Default Re: The new Sigma 85mm 1.4 for Pentax

Quote Originally Posted by zoom3 View Post
    Anyone else bought this lens? I believe Liverpool Madman has bought one. No one else ???

A recent pic taken at Sentosa. You can see the rest of the photos here Enjoy what's left of the Labor Day holiday.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/portr...esistible.html

Wow! Just realised it's over a year since I got this lens. I must say it has been a most rewarding lens !

MEDINA

Yes, this is definitely a great lens.
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2

Huh? Since when I have sigma 85 1.4?

Quote Originally Posted by LiverpoolMadman View Post
    Huh? Since when I have sigma 85 1.4?
    You don't? Why I think you did Sorry bro

Hello, I have this lens on Canon mount, and yes I am very happy with the quality.

f/2 - f2.8 is sharp, and you can go up to f/1.4 when you need it - and still have a reasonably sharp result.

I'm just wondering why there aren't many photographers in SG lusting for this lens. Not that many being offered in B&S also.. (at least it seems so to me).

Mostly use it for street and events at night. Probably one day I need to try model portraiture using this lens as well hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentSeth View Post
    Hello, I have this lens on Canon mount, and yes I am very happy with the quality.

f/2 - f2.8 is sharp, and you can go up to f/1.4 when you need it - and still have a reasonably sharp result.

I'm just wondering why there aren't many photographers in SG lusting for this lens. Not that many being offered in B&S also.. (at least it seems so to me).

Mostly use it for street and events at night. Probably one day I need to try model portraiture using this lens as well hehe.

Maybe from their poor reputation with focusing issues. This might be the case previously but I think the issue has always been grossly overhyped. The first response you get when u mention Sigma to someone is "no good lah, got focussing issue" even though that person has never owned a Sigma. The other response is "What/Who is Sigma ? Why? Get a Canon/Nikon lens lah!"

You should try portaiture with this lens. Some people like to stand far from the model, some like me like to be up close. 85mm is a great focal length. Can be a bit tight on the cropped sensor but great on FF.
    Last edited by zoom3; 2nd May 2012 at 11:02 PM.

Hehehe yeah Sigma had a bad reputation in the past.. But I think nowadays they have improved their QC.

This is my main street lens (the other one being the 30mm f/1.4). One weakness is that, I still experience miss focus sometimes especially on subjects with low contrast. But well I guess it's a trade off for using a 3rd party lens.

Of course I tried portraiture.. Not really on a pretty model, but.. here you go, wide open at f/1.4, no post processing. Hope you enjoy the pores

Quote Originally Posted by SilentSeth View Post
    Hehehe yeah Sigma had a bad reputation in the past.. But I think nowadays they have improved their QC.

This is my main street lens (the other one being the 30mm f/1.4). One weakness is that, I still experience miss focus sometimes especially on subjects with low contrast. But well I guess it's a trade off for using a 3rd party lens.

Of course I tried portraiture.. Not really on a pretty model, but.. here you go, wide open at f/1.4, no post processing. Hope you enjoy the pores

Nice smile

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 58910