Thread: Wanna start doing event photography.

Default Wanna start doing event photography.

Hi,

I would like to start going into event photography. But how do i start? Any event photographer old birds here care to give me advice? Would like to get jobs to build up my port folio.

Thanks so much..

Default Re: Wanna start doing event photography.

Do you have any experience? You could start by shooting for friend's events to get experience/ build a portfolio. That's what some of my friends do.

Quote Originally Posted by BleedingEdgeArmor View Post
    Hi,

I would like to start going into event photography. But how do i start? Any event photographer old birds here care to give me advice? Would like to get jobs to build up my port folio.

Thanks so much..
    A good start is to learn how to read forums and LOOK. we have an entire section called "The Photo Biz" which is packed with advice.

Independent thinking and being able to think without needing spoonfeeding will help you a lot in your potential career.
    Alpha

double post..sorry
    Last edited by tuwinkk; 4th April 2011 at 12:33 PM.

first of all. u have to know what is ur preference...do u like the candid typical or anything
    from that, u can know which lens you have to use.....
    im a candid lover...so i only use long tele zoom during event....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BleedingEdgeArmor
    Hi,

Thanks so much..
    You can start by making sure your skills are up to mark. Then shoot some events open to public for practice. Make sure you can deliver, before even considering charging for it.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 4th April 2011 at 02:56 PM.