Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How shallow does the DOF of the 18-55mm produce?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by brapodam

Yes I get what you are driving at, and my point is that many people here prefer to advise others to gain the skills to drive in the nail with one strike, but use a pair of pliers to do it, because a hammer is not needed.
    Well, I think most people emphasize skills because with skills and experience one will know what tools they need to achieve a certain goal, instead of asking here what is the next best lens to buy. Not a bad approach really.

Default Re: How shallow does the DOF of the 18-55mm produce?

Dun u think with the right tools, ones skill can improve vastly with practice ?

Quote Originally Posted by Guapo View Post
    I believe that with the right tools, one can improve their skills faster than if they don't have the right tools, provided they put their heart into learning.

Quote Originally Posted by Guapo View Post

My view is, if you are going to grab the hammer and nail, then you should learn how to use the hammer and nail the best possibly....if you have a body with a kit lens, then you could utilize it by getting the exposure/composition you want while noticing its limitation. Of course one can improve alot with the right tools, but there are also tons of richie buying great tools without understanding the operation/potential each capable of.
    ...:::..::.Nikon.::.:::..
    RGB Metering & Focusing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12