2nd April 2011, 12:28 AM
InsideOut IV - Calling for Digital Camera Donations!
CALLING FOR DIGITAL CAMERA DONATIONS!
For InsideOut IV, a collaboration between Migrant Voices and Objectifs
No child dreams of becoming a maid or a construction worker. But driven by poverty and a lack of opportunities, waves of Asians take on such work every year. In Singapore, migrant workers build our infrastructure, clean our homes and help raise our children. But we know little of their stories and the dreams that inspire them.
InsideOut is a project that aims to allow the audience to see Singapore through the eyes of migrant workers to foster mutual understanding. Professional photographers will guide migrant worker participants on using photography to document their own daily lives. The final works by the migrant workers will be exhibited at the end of the year.
As this project is a non profit effort, we need your help with the donation of digital cameras, which will be used by the migrant worker participants.
1. We accept old models (4 megapixels and above) but please ensure that your cameras are still working!
2. Please donate only cameras that use Lithium Ion (Li-on) batteries together with the AC charger/adaptor.
3. We can't accept cameras that use lithium batteries (e.g. disposable AA batts) as they're hard to maintain.
4. Camera manuals, extra Li-on batteries and accompanying storage cards are appreciated!
5. Camera donors will be acknowledged at the exhibition. Cameras will be used only for the InsideOut project.
6. Please donate cameras to Objectifs, 56A Arab Street, Singapore 199753 (Mon to Fri, 11am to 7pm / Sat, 12pm to 6pm) by Apr 20.
InsideOut is an ongoing effort, initiated originally by a group of local photojournalists for the M1 Singapore Fringe Festival in 2006. This is our 4th edition of InsideOut.
For more information, call Objectifs at 6293 9782, or email email@example.com. Thank you.
Tags for this Thread