Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Thread: Using DSLR LCD to check 100% crop?

  1. #21
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    No wonder I see people saying that they die die need vr for a 17-50/2.8 lens. And you see them hold zoom rings with overhand grab. There is even vr for uwa lens now!

    Good for the manufacturers though. Just keep adding anti shake to old lenses, then launch as new lens and charge higher and higher.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 7th April 2011 at 11:40 AM.

  2. #22
    Member willdoang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    east, near dakota MRT
    Posts
    1,550

    Default Re: Using DSLR LCD to check 100% crop?

    use 1/4000 shutter speed and dun swing around ur camera while shooting lol

    Quote Originally Posted by akerue View Post
    honestly, i seen a few shot even with VR, OS anti shake or what so ever, its still have some blurring,

    guess what ED says has some truth, u need to know proper technique than thats when VR OS or what so ever helps it further.....
    handshake blur and object movement blur is 2 different thing, VR, OS, IS, and other stabilizer tech only to minimize ur handshake effect, for object movement blur it's clearly cos the shutter speed is not enough to keep up with the object movement speed, what TS lacking is practice & manual reading
    Last edited by willdoang; 7th April 2011 at 01:53 PM.
    i buy i sell i use, repeat, such are the vicious endless cycle of GAS

  3. #23

    Default Re: Using DSLR LCD to check 100% crop?

    Quote Originally Posted by willdoang View Post
    use 1/4000 shutter speed and dun swing around ur camera while shooting lol



    handshake blur and object movement blur is 2 different thing, VR, OS, IS, and other stabilizer tech only to minimize ur handshake effect, for object movement blur it's clearly cos the shutter speed is not enough to keep up with the object movement speed, what TS lacking is practice & manual reading
    sorry if wasnt clear i was mainly referring to handshake blur rather than motion blur,

    that is why i said, good technique proper handling helps u more when accompanied with VR, OS , IS and whats nots....
    LORD of THe NoObs
    FLICKR

  4. #24
    Senior Member giantcanopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    6,232

    Default Re: Using DSLR LCD to check 100% crop?

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    No wonder I see people saying that they die die need vr for a 17-50/2.8 lens. And you see them hold zoom rings with overhand grab. There is even vr for uwa lens now!

    Good for the manufacturers though. Just keep adding anti shake to old lenses, then launch as new lens and charge higher and higher.
    It means after a drinking binge and already cannot walk but can hold camera, u still can get sharp shots!

  5. #25
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy

    It means after a drinking binge and already cannot walk but can hold camera, u still can get sharp shots!
    LOL..

  6. #26

    Default Re: Using DSLR LCD to check 100% crop?

    Hmm.. maybe I should carry the camera around as much as I can and train up my arms and biceps..wahaha.. i think my handshake almost certainly due to my tired arms and yes I also need practice..

  7. #27
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: Using DSLR LCD to check 100% crop?

    Quote Originally Posted by ursuladeux View Post
    Hmm.. maybe I should carry the camera around as much as I can and train up my arms and biceps..wahaha.. i think my handshake almost certainly due to my tired arms and yes I also need practice..
    yup some weight training will be helpful with being able to support the weight of your camera gear comfortably for longer periods of time. If you're struggling to support it, surely there will be muscle trembling and there goes your stability.
    and of course not forgetting the good holding technique as spelt out by the others already
    Exploring! :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •