Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: protecting yourself from "buaya" buyers

Quote Originally Posted by zarray

regarding "donating your kidney", is it to be taken literally?!!!
    he was running a transplant facility in china and was recruiting singaporeans to donate their kidneys to people on the waiting list. he even offered to sponsor the trip there and the hospital stay! scary. I had to tell him I needed parental consent and rushed off... he kept calling for days! I had to change my number...
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

Default Re: protecting yourself from "buaya" buyers

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenDown View Post
    There's one guy who asked whether i accept VOUCHERS. what a joke.
    Vouches to houses of Geylang worth some money.

Quote Originally Posted by Shahlan View Post
    It makes me laugh reading this thread..reminds me of a recent possible buyer for my dry cabinet. Since it bulky,it normal practice for the buyer to self collect at the sellers place. Same goes in this instance however I received an offer from a buyer wanting me to reduce my price as he wants me to "share" cab fare for him to come to my place and back home...hahahahaa

What do you guys say?it tickles me when I received that msg...hahaha
    Then you should share the joy ride home with him in the cab.

Blog Entries

Normally I will guarantee free dust in lens and highlight scruff mark in photos. State a reasonable price and stick to my terms. You have the right to say no to unreasonable requests

From time to time these opposing threads appear. Buy Buyers. By sellers. Don't think they are genuine. Just the same old sh"t by traders trying to psycho people.

Before meeting up, what must be clear is the price agreement.

If when meet up and condition of lens/body/accessory is not as advertise then buyer have the right to bargain. Otherwise, buyer should not have the right to bargain because price is agreed.

This way wouldn't waste the buyer and seller's time.

I had 3 good transactions so far.
    Plantwerkz - Beautiful Plants RandomJake- Fun
    Big Life Treats - Gift of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Mercy77 View Post
    Before meeting up, what must be clear is the price agreement.

If when meet up and condition of lens/body/accessory is not as advertise then buyer have the right to bargain. Otherwise, buyer should not have the right to bargain because price is agreed.

This way wouldn't waste the buyer and seller's time.

I had 3 good transactions so far.
    you think that this will work? it's only a verbal agreement. what's to say, your fourth transaction, someone will try to lowball you, or decide to play you out?

Quote Originally Posted by bonrya View Post
    he was running a transplant facility in china and was recruiting singaporeans to donate their kidneys to people on the waiting list. he even offered to sponsor the trip there and the hospital stay! scary. I had to tell him I needed parental consent and rushed off... he kept calling for days! I had to change my number...
    This can be considered harassment already and should be reported to police, assuming the story is real.

Have my fair share of stories too. They come in all age and sizes. There will always be people like that.

From a buyer's perspective, what happen if the seller did not promise the items as posted. eg. scratches found, dust found, filter thread spoilt and the rating given is not per guidelines ... it's always a give and take, my 2 cents ... or say initially got everything, end up no box, no manual, front cap is lost/replaced by third party one lah ...

i normally sell to ppl and will let them check on the spot until they happy if not they can walk off. i have my pissed occasions buying from ppl too who are too KEEN to close the deal and say TRUST me TRUST me ... after the sale, any sms/call is ignored especially if you are buying body with underCLAIMED shutter count numbers when you check back home, grhh ...

One kind of rice will feed 1000 kinds of people.

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenDown
    There's one guy who asked whether i accept VOUCHERS. what a joke.
    I encountered that before, lol.

Send him a pig kidney from the market.

Quote Originally Posted by alvinchipz View Post
    From a buyer's perspective, what happen if the seller did not promise the items as posted. eg. scratches found, dust found, filter thread spoilt and the rating given is not per guidelines ... it's always a give and take, my 2 cents ... or say initially got everything, end up no box, no manual, front cap is lost/replaced by third party one lah ...
    You see....if the item is not as described, don't buy and both walk away. But most of the time all these negative feedback is so as to ask for some discounts. I find people living in Singapore is quite particular. They will scrutinize for marks and dust. I mean if you want something so new, then go get a new one.

Wah!! It can't get scarier than this!!!
    There are actually people in Sg trying to harvest our kidneys?!?! And somemore keep haunting you after the meet up. Just wondering if this is something the police should be aware of. Donating blood is one thing, donating kidney is quite another!

Quote Originally Posted by asthio88 View Post
    Nothing beats paying by 6 installments This ws proposed by a young man after confirming to buy a cam I advertised. His reason? See no. 1 in the first post.
    I think you will never see him after the first installment!

Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    I think you will never see him after the first installment!
    just give him one camera part for each installment xD

1st: Battery
    2nd: Battery Grip
    3rd: Camera Bag
    4th: Camera Strap
    5th: Cheap Lens
    6th: Camera Body

Interesting... I had a seller who told me that the lens was not suitable for me.

He was a gentleman as i was looking for a fisheye.. 16mm was meant for FF!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by asthio88
    Nothing beats paying by 6 installments This ws proposed by a young man after confirming to buy a cam I advertised. His reason? See no. 1 in the first post.
    I got the same thing. Could very well be the same dude.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    I got the same thing. Could very well be the same dude.
    I didn't have the honor to meet this hero. My lady friend (cam's owner) went all the way to AMK to meet him, only to be told his folks were not supporting him on the purchase and he didn't have enough saving. He was very 'sincere' and determined on the purchase, he even offered his folks contact for my friend to verify. My friend rejected his offer but that's not the end of it, he continued smsing my friend even after the cam ws sold.

He is still active in this forum but don't ask me who
    Last edited by asthio88; 8th April 2011 at 10:27 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast