Thread: Youth Expedition Project to Cambodia

Default Youth Expedition Project to Cambodia

I'm helpin my cuzzin to post this. Anybody interested can contact them at the contact details right below. It could turn out to be a wonderful photography experience for you. Too bad i can't join them due to work commitments..

RECRUITMENT

"Four adventure enthusiasts seek passionate youths to embark on life-changing experience in Cambodia. Expect hard work, great company and invaluable rewards. Only those up for a challenge need apply."

Tonle Songkeum is a project that aims to promote awareness about the Irrawaddy Dolphin, an endangered species that inhabits the Mekong River.

Our efforts to conserve the Irrawaddy Dolphin will ensure the survival of the ecosystem of the Mekong River, a river 2nd only to the Amazon in its biodiversity. Over 60 million people depend on this river for their livelihood in the Indochina region. As such, our small step will go a long way.

We are looking for 25 volunteers who will pioneer this conservation effort. We need volunteers from all walks of life with varied skills and experiences due to the wide scope of our project. We encourage anyone with a desire to learn and contribute to join us and share this exciting experience.

Participants will be involved in the design and construction of a Visitors' Interpretive centre, furnishing the centre with information and raising awareness of the importance of such conservation program through school visits and drama. Participants will also be exposed to relevant issues pertaining to eco-tourism, wildlife conservation, cultural, history and socio-political climate of Cambodia and pick up the Khmer language to further value-add their learning experience.

Eligibility

1. Participants should be from 17 to 25 years of age, and is a Singapore citizen or PR.
    2. However, participants willing to forgo the subsidy and pay the full fare need NOT be between the specified age range, nor citizenship.
    3. SIF will be subsiding the 60% of the costs for first time participants. The estimated amount that each participant will pay is $400 - 450.
    4. The costs might be lower depending on the amount of money raised through fund-raising efforts.

The project will last for 18 days during the first 3 weeks of December and will be carried out in a fishing village in Kratie Province called Kampi. Kampi is located along the Mekong River about 300km away from Phnom Penh.

For further details on the expedition, please visit our website at
    http://surfking.34sp.com/tlsk

For more enquiries, you can email us at tonlesongkeum@yahoogroups.com

contact Idayu Dewi at 96221437.

The closing date for application is on 20 August 2004.

We can't wait to hear from you!

Regards.
    The Tonle Songkeum Team

Interested, but when is it? And also I live in Bangkok but I'm S'pore citizen. So what can I do?
    The equipment can only bring you so far - the rest of the photographic journey is done by you.

never mind... I found the 'when' already! Thanks! I'm interested! Gotta check with the Kinabalu trip one though! Keep me informed!

Cheers!
    The equipment can only bring you so far - the rest of the photographic journey is done by you.

Just contact them or go to the website for further details.