Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 34 of 34

Thread: Recommendations for cameras

  1. #21

    Default Re: Recommendations for cameras

    all depends what you want to do.

    eg, if general sports...you would be looking at a camera with a huge buffer.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

  2. #22
    Senior Member UncleFai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,429

    Default Re: Recommendations for cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by akerue View Post
    u funny sia... asking TS to consider Leica, what the X1....
    Why? You see TS no up har?

    But serious, both D300s and 7D are dated system, due for replacement soon (see the respective rumor sites.)

    First, Nikon or Canon - frankly, either way is fine. The systems are about the same. One will give in slight advantage in one aspect while another will give you another. And whatever slight advantage you may have, a bit of fumbling or poor conditions will obliviate that slight advantage.

    So if you want Nikon, suggest you take up the D7000 and use the money saved to pick up good lenses and/or save for the D700 update.

  3. #23
    Senior Member UncleFai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,429

    Default Re: Recommendations for cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    after what UncleFai posted in Kopitiam regarding camera supplies from Japan... haha. i wonder what's next... "don't buy japanese cameras because they are radioactive"?
    They cut me off prematurely there.

    Being concerned about Nikon (their product line, their manufacturing, their people) does not preclude being concern about the people in Japan in general. If you tell me "I am single-mindedly focused on the victims and don't care about other things" then I would say "don't bluff lah". Even Nikon immediately issued an advisory (followed by two more, the latest is: http://nikonrumors.com/2011/03/31/ni...-in-japan.aspx) immediately after the quake to tell customers about their situation.

    Make no mistake: I love my Nikon. Just that in general, expect prices to go up, things to go out of stock, and product launches to be delayed.

    And for political correctness: I did make donations, follow the news, contacted my friends in Japan etc. all BEFORE I made that Kopitiam posting.

  4. #24
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fireput
    should consider pentax K-5, beats D7000 in dxomark scores, and best selling in japan .....
    Thing to note, k-5 shares the same sensor as d7k. If shoot raw they are not far apart.

  5. #25
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai

    They cut me off prematurely there.

    Being concerned about Nikon (their product line, their manufacturing, their people) does not preclude being concern about the people in Japan in general. If you tell me "I am single-mindedly focused on the victims and don't care about other things" then I would say "don't bluff lah". Even Nikon immediately issued an advisory (followed by two more, the latest is: http://nikonrumors.com/2011/03/31/ni...-in-japan.aspx) immediately after the quake to tell customers about their situation.

    Make no mistake: I love my Nikon. Just that in general, expect prices to go up, things to go out of stock, and product launches to be delayed.

    And for political correctness: I did make donations, follow the news, contacted my friends in Japan etc. all BEFORE I made that Kopitiam posting.
    That's why buy now then ok. Don't delay too long.

  6. #26

    Default

    Was in similar condition 6 months ago.
    Eventually I went for 7d.
    Main reasons (rightly or wrongly) are 7d has newer technology (focus points, sensors etc..) and also the video recording (suits both pal n NTSC).
    Video recording is important for me.

    I do like nikon the handling n buttons configuration better. If there was a newer nikon with similar spec as 7d, I would have gone to nikon.
    So far, really enjoy 7d. My advice - either cam is good. Dont delay your decision as you are losing out on the time to use them!

    My guess is when the ff cam become more affordable, you will change anyway.
    Canon 7D | C17-55mm f/2.8 | C50mm f/1.8 | S10-20mm f/4-5.6

  7. #27

    Default Re: Recommendations for cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    Why? You see TS no up har?
    .
    TS himself say he is on a budget... so dont blame me..
    LORD of THe NoObs
    FLICKR

  8. #28

    Default Re: Recommendations for cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    They cut me off prematurely there.

    Being concerned about Nikon (their product line, their manufacturing, their people) does not preclude being concern about the people in Japan in general. If you tell me "I am single-mindedly focused on the victims and don't care about other things" then I would say "don't bluff lah". Even Nikon immediately issued an advisory (followed by two more, the latest is: http://nikonrumors.com/2011/03/31/ni...-in-japan.aspx) immediately after the quake to tell customers about their situation.

    Make no mistake: I love my Nikon. Just that in general, expect prices to go up, things to go out of stock, and product launches to be delayed.

    And for political correctness: I did make donations, follow the news, contacted my friends in Japan etc. all BEFORE I made that Kopitiam posting.
    but we didn't know that right? because you didn't post that. btw the prices have already risen.

    but as for me... i don't mind a radioactive camera... imagine. if i get bitten by my new japanese camera, i might just become the superhero called CameraMan, who has photographic memory, and record movies in AVCHD FullHD and use my belly as an HD TV LCD Panel

  9. #29
    Senior Member UncleFai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,429

    Default Re: Recommendations for cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    but we didn't know that right? because you didn't post that. btw the prices have already risen.
    Before I could post any clarifications, the Clubsnap Censorship Board closed the thread leh.

  10. #30

    Default Re: Recommendations for cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    Before I could post any clarifications, the Clubsnap Censorship Board closed the thread leh.
    that's why you need to buy the new Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc with Android 2.3, so you can get your clubSNAP app to post quickly

  11. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309

    that's why you need to buy the new Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc with Android 2.3, so you can get your clubSNAP app to post quickly
    Bought Liao, lol

  12. #32

    Default Re: Recommendations for cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by Berkins View Post
    Bought Liao, lol
    ARGH! i'm only getting mine tomorrow! how's the usage?

  13. #33

    Default Re: Recommendations for cameras

    Hi all, thanks for all the reply.

    It seemed that Nikon D7000 has sort of same of better specs as compared to D300s but the price wise is much cheaper.
    As for my point of getting the 24-70mm f2.8, I have in mind to upgrade to a FF camera in the future, so this focal length still suit me the best.

    As for now, I am still pondering whether should I get either the D7000 or D300s first and upgrade to a FF camera in the future or to wait for the D700 successor, as D700 has been out in the market for quite sometimes (about 3 years plus) and I think it will be replaced anytime.

  14. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Legion
    Posts
    7,751

    Default Re: Recommendations for cameras

    if u need the camera now, just get d7k now. can always sell in the near future.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •