Thread: Photographer nude in NY streets

Default Photographer nude in NY streets

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/..._nude_wor.html

very chio she can be my mentor.

A Parisian-born shutterbug who likes to flash her camera has turned daily routines in the Naked City into works of art.

Photographer Erica Simone, 25, has gone au naturel in a series of self-portraits taken around New York. In them, she rides the subway, checks out library books and shovels the snow on the sidewalk outside her apartment - all in the buff.

The 20 shots are part of Simone's new exhibit "Nue York: Self-Portraits of a Bare Urban Citizen," which opens next month at the Dash Gallery in Tribeca.

The inspiration for the photos came to Simone during Fashion Week two years ago.

"I was sitting around thinking about fashion and what would we be if we were naked and what if we didn't have fashion to show who we were, our status, how much money we had, all these things," she told the Daily News.

"Then I got the photographic idea of shooting people naked in the street, but just doing regular things, not especially posing, or being naked, but doing whatever."

MORE SELF-PORTRAITS FROM ARTIST ERICA SIMONE

She drew on the work of Miru Kim, a New York-based artist known for taking self-portraits in barren industrial spaces.

Simone was also intrigued by the challenge of staging the shots - which she took using a remote sensor - and stripping down to her birthday suit.

"At first it was like, 'Can I really do this?'" Simone said. "I was into the idea, but I didn't totally have the [nerve] to do it - I'm not totally an exhibitionist."

She landed five usable images on her first day of shooting in the West Village.

"And I didn't get arrested," she said.

Simone wants to draw people to the playfulness of the shots.

"It's not about sex, it's silly," she said. "It's crazy that it's illegal to be naked."

New Yorkers shown the photos bared their admiration for Simone having the courage to take off her clothes in public.

"I don't have the guts to do it," said Megan Clausen, a 25-year-old architect from Philadelphia.

Her, co-worker, Darcy Wilkins, 29, agreed.

"I'd go see it," she said. "I always ask my cat, 'Why can't I walk around naked?'"
    Last edited by frozentomtom; 29th March 2011 at 04:22 PM.

Default Re: Photographer nude in NY streets

Quote Originally Posted by frozentomtom View Post
    I prefer not to see naked men on the streets ...

i doubt she can pull this off in Singapore!

She doesn't know it is all legal to be nude in the jungle?

SELF-PORTRAITS. Promote herself by self-exploitation. Sad.

If pic #2 were done in SG, you would have everyone on the subway taking pictures with a cameraphone for their own collection and Stomp.
    Alpha

also, she says she was not arrested... yet in her gallery, pic 9, she's being arrested.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    also, she says she was not arrested... yet in her gallery, pic 9, she's being arrested.
    I think it was staged.. arrested still can take picture.. lol.. siao

Quote Originally Posted by hanzohattori View Post
    I think it was staged.. arrested still can take picture.. lol.. siao
    Her camera is on a remote trigger. So yes, can.
    Alpha

We truly are photographer here… discussing her photography technique and style and law regarding photography in public… instead of just looking at a beautiful, naked female body… and daydream

Scuba & Father... For Life

Well, if she is young and attractive, in her birthday suit, it looks great and we can call it art or whatever.

What if she is old and ugly, we would all prefer her to be covered up.
    Do not be afraid [of ghost and bullies] Shoot them......

Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    We truly are photographer here… discussing her photography technique and style and law regarding photography in public… instead of just looking at a beautiful, naked female body… and daydream
    that's just the few of us here... the remaining who is silent , u never knows! lol

Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    that's just the few of us here... the remaining who is silent , u never knows! lol

Hahaha… some time back, I was surfing around and got into a nudi site from USA… while the model of the day is young and blessed with ample… err… 'chest'… all I notice is the photographer didn't clean his/her camera sensor enough… due to 'dust spot' at the same location in all the shots.

Scuba & Father... For Life

Hahaha… some time back, I was surfing around and got into a nudi site from USA… while the model of the day is young and blessed with ample… err… 'chest'… all I notice is the photographer didn't clean his/her camera sensor enough… due to 'dust spot' at the same location in all the shots.
    lol...

not just that we examine skin tone colour balance (foreground vs background if shoot on location) and distortions too (some photographers uses that to the advantage of enlarging or diminishing sizes - less PP later)