Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Any place with a lot of "botak" tree in Singapore?

  1. #1

    Default Any place with a lot of "botak" tree in Singapore?

    I'm looking for one. Similar to this:



    Any help is appreciated.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Any place with a lot of "botak" tree in Singapore?

    dead forest, is where they buried the pets? pet cemetary ?
    Objection !!!

  3. #3
    Senior Member edutilos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    5,991

    Default Re: Any place with a lot of "botak" tree in Singapore?

    Hi, Paya Lebar MRT outside got quite a lot of botak trees, that's one place I can think of, but you will not be able to get a very clean background anywhere.

    A lot, is a bit hard, I'm racking my brains but all I do know of are isolated botak trees amidst trees full of leaves.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Any place with a lot of "botak" tree in Singapore?

    Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    dead forest, is where they buried the pets? pet cemetary ?
    Oops. I didn't mean a dead forest like that. I just need some nice backgrounds

    Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    Hi, Paya Lebar MRT outside got quite a lot of botak trees, that's one place I can think of, but you will not be able to get a very clean background anywhere.

    A lot, is a bit hard, I'm racking my brains but all I do know of are isolated botak trees amidst trees full of leaves.
    Thanks edutilos. I didn't notice any botak trees outside Paya Lebar. Any reservoirs that has something close to the sample pic?

  5. #5

    Default Re: Any place with a lot of "botak" tree in Singapore?

    Quote Originally Posted by SnagIt View Post
    I'm looking for one. Similar to this:
    Wrong climate / latitude for these kinds of forest...
    Alpha

  6. #6
    Deregistered shaoken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Clementi/West Coast
    Posts
    2,115

    Default Re: Any place with a lot of "botak" tree in Singapore?

    Quote Originally Posted by SnagIt View Post
    I'm looking for one. Similar to this:



    Any help is appreciated.
    Sorry but, in S'pore, you won't get to see this scene.
    Botak trees with only "some" leaves left, there are (thanks to Nparks).

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, Singapore
    Posts
    1,513

    Default Re: Any place with a lot of "botak" tree in Singapore?

    ubin have.. the old rubber plantations
    www.colouredshots.com
    Kodak film disposable camera

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    1.45N 103.83E
    Posts
    3,202

    Default Re: Any place with a lot of "botak" tree in Singapore?

    Tuas at where the old motor cross track was.



    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...3563.569126321

  9. #9
    Member r00ki3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    North-East Line
    Posts
    967

    Default Re: Any place with a lot of "botak" tree in Singapore?

    Hi,

    There are a some botak trees around, but like have been mentioned it will either be amongst other 'healthy' trees or some uninteresting or a cluttered background. But you never know. Maybe you can try the park which used to be the old Bidadari Muslim cemetary, or maybe along Tampines Ave 10/Pasir Ris Dr 12, or Pasir Ris 8. Keep your eyes open when travelling around. Better still just go out and explore if you have the time

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    North East
    Posts
    43

    Default Re: Any place with a lot of "botak" tree in Singapore?

    s'pore has virtually no nice place for tree scape unlike oversea. really can't find any good one. If there is, could be limited

  11. #11

    Default Re: Any place with a lot of "botak" tree in Singapore?

    Try cutting the leaves............ a lot of leaves i think haha

    anyway, singapore dun have.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

  12. #12

    Default Re: Any place with a lot of "botak" tree in Singapore?

    there is 1 very prominent botak tree at check jawa on pulau ubin...

  13. #13

    Default Re: Any place with a lot of "botak" tree in Singapore?

    I've seen some along the TPE. Just drive towards punggol side. Keep left all the way but don't turn to KPE and you will see some botak trees. BUT, it's hard to get there because you can't stop and park beside the Xpressway. If you don't have a car, take 27 or 34 opposite IKEA, sit on the left and you can see it too.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Any place with a lot of "botak" tree in Singapore?

    Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    Try cutting the leaves............ a lot of leaves i think haha

    anyway, singapore dun have.
    there are.

    in the middle of the Mandai Forest. lots of dead fall as well. there's also a nice little "valley"

    but be careful. Mandai isn't a "clean" place.

  15. #15
    Senior Member giantcanopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    6,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309

    there are.

    in the middle of the Mandai Forest. lots of dead fall as well. there's also a nice little "valley"

    but be careful. Mandai isn't a "clean" place.
    Ya I have seen some botak trees when I ran or cycle along mandai road. But they look deep within n will need abit of bashing around. And dun look like the isolated tree kind

  16. #16

    Default Re: Any place with a lot of "botak" tree in Singapore?

    Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy View Post
    Ya I have seen some botak trees when I ran or cycle along mandai road. But they look deep within n will need abit of bashing around. And dun look like the isolated tree kind
    there are. have to locate them. but usually it's in a very cluttered location.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •