Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: Lee Hsien Loong's camera

  1. #1

    Default Lee Hsien Loong's camera

    OK I know I'm pathetic, but the first thing I saw was that camera hanging from LHL's neck in the Straits Times today (picture of him in 1964 waiting for his father at the airport). You know how some things just jump out at you?

    Anyway, I'd like to know - is that a Canon rangefinder? Or *ahem* a Leica?

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    174

    Default

    Maybe it's a 'Lee-ca'
    Confidence is thinking you'll be Champions, arrogance is stating it.

  3. #3

    Default

    Noticed it too. I think it is the Canonet QL series.

    Cheers

  4. #4

    Default

    tat day i was crossing road near parliment, i saw him driving a white rundown car stopping at traffic light and someone sitting beside him as passenger. For that I gave him my little support, at least he is not ego. enuf to drive expensive car or use expensive gear infront of public.

  5. #5
    Jason H0
    Guests

    Default

    tell us what is seated beside him as the passenger?

    Quote Originally Posted by whoelse
    tat day i was crossing road near parliment, i saw him driving a white rundown car stopping at traffic light and someone sitting beside him as passenger. For that I gave him my little support, at least he is not ego. enuf to drive expensive car or use expensive gear infront of public.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StreetShooter
    OK I know I'm pathetic
    No doubt about that.

    It was a Lumix circa 64'.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akane
    Maybe it's a 'Lee-ca'
    Ha ha that's a good one!

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Behind the viewfinder...
    Posts
    5,851

    Default

    it's definitely a Canonet

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whoelse
    tat day i was crossing road near parliment, i saw him driving a white rundown car stopping at traffic light and someone sitting beside him as passenger. For that I gave him my little support, at least he is not ego. enuf to drive expensive car or use expensive gear infront of public.
    FYI

    He drove that same car to the ISTANA to be sworn in as Singapore's third Prime Minister. He might have a long way to go, but he off on a good start. For that alone, he has won my vote for the year.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    East/west
    Posts
    372

    Default

    he drives a >10 year white Honda Accord / Civic

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    South Pole with Penguin
    Posts
    5,270

    Default

    Wonder if he likes white colour, probably he has a good collection of white lenses too

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    In the Shepherd's hands
    Posts
    690

    Default

    Yeah I noticed the Canonet too! Wonder what he did with it.

  13. #13

    Default

    Like all professionals and clean politician, he probably choose the White over Black

  14. #14

    Default

    Is that why lawyers like to wear black?

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StreetShooter
    Is that why lawyers like to wear black?
    but they are 'white' all under the black.

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ahbeng
    Like all professionals and clean politician, he probably choose the White over Black
    there is a white ixus limited version for the 500, maybe that's what kind of cameras they own these days.

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Bukit Batok
    Posts
    999

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by STShooter
    FYI

    He drove that same car to the ISTANA to be sworn in as Singapore's third Prime Minister. He might have a long way to go, but he off on a good start. For that alone, he has won my vote for the year.
    It's a white Honda Accord with a SBxXXXX plate, more than 10 yrs old. The person next to him is his bodyguard from the Security branch, and he screens at every car and person that comes close to the white car. Just 3 days back I saw this white car rumbling down the CTE, middle lane, at 60kmh, with all the other traffic trailing behind! And no one horned, high-beamed, probably because this Accord had a white volvo with 4 burly men and flashing blue lights plus a outrider escort trailing behind it. Quite hilarious..

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    South Pole with Penguin
    Posts
    5,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Minimalis
    Just 3 days back I saw this white car rumbling down the CTE, middle lane, at 60kmh, with all the other traffic trailing behind! And no one horned, high-beamed, probably because this Accord had a white volvo with 4 burly men and flashing blue lights plus a outrider escort trailing behind it. Quite hilarious..
    Think I saw this team along orchard road today, a normal white volvo with civian license plate, suddenly saw a hand come out of the window and placed a blue flashing light on the rooftop, look exactly like what I usually see in HK movie.

    Then behind the escorted car is a team of TP in motorbikes

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StreetShooter
    Is that why lawyers like to wear black?
    Haha, Lawyers are good lyiers, thats why they wear black. White is always the preferred choice for PA_ members.
    Last edited by ahbeng; 13th August 2004 at 08:39 AM.

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StreetShooter
    Is that why lawyers like to wear black?
    all Professionals prefer black...
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •