Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Feedback & Suggestions for Ganbatte Japan (Aftermath of 26/03 & 27/03)

Blog Entries

Default Re: Feedback & Suggestions for Ganbatte Japan (Aftermath of 26/03 & 27/03)

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    Cool man... alot easier now.
    thanks for the advice facebook has a lot of hidden tweakable stuff. sneaky...

Default Re: Feedback & Suggestions for Ganbatte Japan (Aftermath of 26/03 & 27/03)

It does.. and they never tell youmuch but expect you to find them.. or buy some book to learn. Well this vanity name is ours for KEEPS!.. no one can have it now and also if we delete it..it will not be given to anyone else. If Clubsnap has the same situation.. best go get their vanity name too. Already somneone took Clubsnap. So moderators.. come up with a name and put clubsnap with a proper URL instead of the long string of codes... hard to remember.

Blog Entries

Cool man... alot easier now.
    Dear Sammy888, Thank you for the great tip. It really make our life easier.
    Cheers

Blog Entries

It does.. and they never tell youmuch but expect you to find them.. or buy some book to learn. Well this vanity name is ours for KEEPS!.. no one can have it now and also if we delete it..it will not be given to anyone else. If Clubsnap has the same situation.. best go get their vanity name too. Already somneone took Clubsnap. So moderators.. come up with a name and put clubsnap with a proper URL instead of the long string of codes... hard to remember.
    yep agreed. even tagging of photos by fans have a secret page to allow one. nice learning experience though

May I suggest Mod states the venue in this thread for this coming weekend.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threa...from-Singapore
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    May I suggest Mod states the venue in this thread for this coming weekend.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threa...from-Singapore
    Thank you Dennis for the timely reminder.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    I wrote to a few of my friends in Japan to inform them of the work we've done and are doing. This is their immediate response this morning:

"Dear Lawrence san,
    Thank you for let me know.
    I have face book account, so I clicked "Good" to this group.

I'm also victims of this disaster,but there are more difficult/hard experience victims at Tohoku area.
    So,I collected contributions to red cross japan.

Thank you for your all of Singapore peoples!
    Gambaru! Nippon!

Thank you for your continual kind support.
    Best regards,

Manabu Soyama"

"Dear Lawrence-san,

We are really encouraged!
    Thank you!

Hideyuki"

"Dear Lawrence.

Hello.

Thank you for your message.

I am seeing it, and I am crying now by deep emotion

Please say hello and thank you for all of people of this action.

Ganbarou! Nippon.

Best regards

Kazuo Kiuchi"

One of them I know is in Ibaraki, felt the full brunt of the e-quake force - experiencing water shortage, power cut, etc after that.

If you have friends there, do let them know too... I think it helps - boosts their morale directly from the people they know outside of Japan.

Keep the good work up, folks - it really COUNTS!
    Thanks for sharing this Lawrence, it's good to know that our work are being appreciated!

Hi folks, looks like Clubsnap is doing some good work.

I'm with Relief 2.0, independent units on the field filling the gaps of NGOs, http://www.relief20.com/ and I'm in Ishinomaki, Miyagi prefecture, and yes, Tohoku, Ishinomaki and northern shore area are hit bad, but the NGOs seemed to be concentrated in Sendai. Sendai city is not affected much at all, and the coast around Sendai is filled with lots of NGOs, NPOs and army people, and they do not seem to be up north.

http://www.give.sg/TeamGIVE/Relief/Japan

I'm also trying to raise funds, and I've a lot of photos of Ishinomaki to share. I was wondering if I could do some fund raising for Relief 2.0 along side with you guys and sell some of the photos I've taken at Ishinomaki a few days ago to raise funds to help the people there. I do not mind coming to talk about the ground situation, and show some maps and photos, as well as videos taken.

Any suggestions on whether I should come and meet up with you guys or take it elsewhere? I've talked to some places and they are all going with the big boys, like Red Cross and Global Giving, and it makes raising funds really hard. Pls advice.

Blog Entries

Dear Robinlow88

Thank you for your words of encouragement.
    I am sure Clubsnap members would benefit greatly from your experiences and photos in Japan. Please do share them in the Reportage Forum.

Unfortunately after much deliberation with the team, we regret to inform that we are unable to cooperate for Ganbatte Japan. Please allow me to explain further.

1) We are working exclusively with Mercy Relief. Mercy has been most generous and supportive of our campaign from the very beginning and we have informed all sponsors and donors that all proceeds are for the Mercy Relief. It would be most complicated to involve other charities now and split the donations.

2) Our sponsors Nikon Singapore and Noritsu are informed of our exclusive arrangement with Mercy Relief. It is difficult to change the proposals and re-seek approval when we are already mid-way in the campaign.

3) Finally Ganbatte Japan is based on two principles. Primarily to use portraits of encouragement to raise funds. There is no sales element. Hence we have rejected many supportive photographers and printers eager to use CS as a platform to sell or auction their prints. Likewise we have to reject offers for flea markets, donations of toys etc etc.

I hope you could understand our position.
    Nevertheless we wish you great success in your fund raising campaigns and we look forward to your sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by robinlow88 View Post
    Hi folks, looks like Clubsnap is doing some good work.

I'm with Relief 2.0, independent units on the field filling the gaps of NGOs, http://www.relief20.com/ and I'm in Ishinomaki, Miyagi prefecture, and yes, Tohoku, Ishinomaki and northern shore area are hit bad, but the NGOs seemed to be concentrated in Sendai. Sendai city is not affected much at all, and the coast around Sendai is filled with lots of NGOs, NPOs and army people, and they do not seem to be up north.

http://www.give.sg/TeamGIVE/Relief/Japan

I'm also trying to raise funds, and I've a lot of photos of Ishinomaki to share. I was wondering if I could do some fund raising for Relief 2.0 along side with you guys and sell some of the photos I've taken at Ishinomaki a few days ago to raise funds to help the people there. I do not mind coming to talk about the ground situation, and show some maps and photos, as well as videos taken.

Any suggestions on whether I should come and meet up with you guys or take it elsewhere? I've talked to some places and they are all going with the big boys, like Red Cross and Global Giving, and it makes raising funds really hard. Pls advice.

Quote Originally Posted by sebastiansong View Post
    Dear All

Apologies but the photos for Day 2 Pacific Plaza are in another laptop that I can only have access tommorrow. Will upload them by tomorrow evening. I will place a notification on the Facebook page to clear doubts

I have written to 501st Garrison (the Stormtroopers site) to formally request for deployment. If any members know the team at 501st, please help Clubsnap inform them of our requests.

cheers
    Have spoken to a friend who is with the 501st Garrison. Off hand, he mentioned that this weekend might be a bit too close.

He would put the word out among the "troopers" to see if they can assemble a deployment for next weedend.

BTW, I received an event in FB that 2902 Gallery is giving away some frames. Not sure if it will be useful for us?

http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php...404822&index=1

Quote Originally Posted by patuick View Post
    Have spoken to a friend who is with the 501st Garrison. Off hand, he mentioned that this weekend might be a bit too close.

He would put the word out among the "troopers" to see if they can assemble a deployment for next weedend.
    My bad... their CO is trying to get a deployment for THIS weekend, both on their forum and thro SMS

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by patuick View Post
    My bad... their CO is trying to get a deployment for THIS weekend, both on their forum and thro SMS
    Thank you Patuick for the kind assistance and updates.
    Hope you see you @ Orchard Central this weekend.
    Cheers

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345