Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Feedback & Suggestions for Ganbatte Japan (Aftermath of 26/03 & 27/03)

Default Re: Feedback & Suggestions for Ganbatte Japan (Aftermath of 26/03 & 27/03)

Can we sell badges?
    I am IN LOVE with my Camera....
    flickr

Default Re: Feedback & Suggestions for Ganbatte Japan (Aftermath of 26/03 & 27/03)

I understand where Allen is come from, uncle chngpe01. He's afraid that after taking the pictures, all the donors' heads, elbows, hands, and legs all chopped except for the xmm posing next to them all sui sui one...

No lah, reason why we're suggesting xmms, XBBs (ALSO) and female CSers are simple... They are there to help break the ice and explain the situation to the probable donors. They don't even need to be in the picture unless donors - be it male or female, asks for someone to join them, even then some of the male CSers can join in as part of the whole package. Please do not miscontrue this as an opportunity for the photographers to shoot the xmms or female models - far from it.

Not that non of the male photographers can do the job (I myself have roped in a number, although after much effort), where else the female photographers are more efficient in this aspect of engaging the crowds (young, old, female/make, groups alike).

Having said that, not all donors are that tough-going. I noticed one who snuck up from behind DD123 just to drop in some $$$ and then disappeared into the crowds without even asking what we're up to. Both of us were left wondering: "what hit us?!"...

Actually, getting the costume party act is a great idea - hope it appeases a greater audience. If there are many other great ideas, should plan properly which to go into which day instead of getting all of them into one day? So that it won't be too messy.
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 28th March 2011 at 07:49 PM.
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoProZero View Post
    Can we sell badges?
    No disrespect, but won't that detract from the main purpose and that is taking photos of donors? On hindsight, I even think that selling posters of CSers works of art is a bad idea now.
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 28th March 2011 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    No disrespect, but won't that detract from the main purpose and that is taking photos of donors? On hindsight, I even think that selling posters of CSers works of art is a bad idea now.
    Oh no..hahaha I was thinking more of printing the donors' pix on the badge...like button badges? Just a random thought..hehehe
    flickr

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoProZero View Post
    Oh no..hahaha I was thinking more of printing the donors' pix on the badge...like button badges? Just a random thought..hehehe
    Urm okay, that would go in line with the theme... but will the process be too long and cumbersome?... (why I thought my poster idea also sucks... lol)

Edit: are there button making machines that can do the job really quickly? As speedy as printing the photos?
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 28th March 2011 at 07:59 PM.

Urm okay, that would go in line with the theme... but will the process be too long and cumbersome... (why I thought my poster idea also sucks... lol)
    I dunno leh...hahaha, actually, your idea will work, maybe postcard kind? We can have them ready printed? Oh no, r we getting OOP here? lol
    flickr

I'm not going to throw wet blanket here but it's best to stick on what was currently plan. Donate, shoot and print of a cause. Doing flag raising this one is flood in the market n lots of community is doing it now. Selling postcard, this require more time effort and lots of man power. Not to mention what will happen to those no sold off postcard.

Blog Entries

Hi everyone,

I started a photo thread in Reportage section... please post pictures in there as well!

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threads/875217-Ganbatte-Japan%21-Wishes-from-Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by peterpan1975 View Post
    I'm not going to throw wet blanket here but it's best to stick on what was currently plan. Donate, shoot and print of a cause. Doing flag raising this one is flood in the market n lots of community is doing it now. Selling postcard, this require more time effort and lots of man power. Not to mention what will happen to those no sold off postcard.
    Which is why I say my idea sucks... KISS rule. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Hi everyone,

I started a photo thread in Reportage section... please post pictures in there as well!

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threads/875217-Ganbatte-Japan%21-Wishes-from-Singapore
    Good for you bro! My SD card reader needs to be replaced - so no photos can be uploaded from my side. Otherwise I'd have already started the thread earlier. Will follow suit tomorrow or later in the week when I get my card reader... busy busy.
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 28th March 2011 at 08:34 PM.

Haha, Peterpan, that's why I say it's a random idea. good to explore and have, but not necessary.

How many pple out there would actually donate $10 for a pix? Honestly, not many. It's just tryin to enhance the whole thing. Perhaps we can even try getting a paper cardboard frame with printed charity title.

I'm sure some of the CSers in here who are shooting for events, may have contact that can sell these frames cheap?
    flickr

As a girl,I agree that have more female photographers will be quite good to help out. Not all females who donate would prefer males to approach them and talk to them.
    If you remember in the very first meeting at Orchard Central, I was the only female present with all the uncles. But I was very very excited to help the people in Japan. I think very much that it is your willingness to sacrifice some of your time to do good. But very enjoyable and the feeling about helping is so good.

Got school tomorrow. Goodnight....
    Last edited by MGohzxc; 28th March 2011 at 09:52 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by peterpan1975 View Post
    seconds with this. if we change workflow now, i think we will be messy.

There were lull periods during Sunday (on Pacific side) which can be avoided if improvements can be made. The feedback we have here is invaluable as these were what we were experiencing the last two days. Yes there are "competitions" around, what we have to try to do is to convince people (and a better reason) to donate more (even though they have already donated to other charities elsewhere).

Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    seconds with this. if we change workflow now, i think we will be messy.
    What's being done about poster explaining the Ganbatte concept thingy? That goes along way to explaining the concept.

Any big guy willing to dress up as sumo wrestler and be "MODAL" ?

Folks.... Those who set up the GANBATTE FACEBOOK... did you guy use the Vanity URL option so you can shorten it to a proper name that makes it easier to give out the URL instead of the long code. You have to only have 25 fans and you can set that up..right now you have hundreds of fans heheh you have more then enough to qualify to create a vanity name. Example: www.facebook.com/ganbattejapan well depending on what is still available for you to choose.
    Last edited by sammy888; 28th March 2011 at 11:24 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    What's being done about poster explaining the Ganbatte concept thingy? That goes along way to explaining the concept.

Any big guy willing to dress up as sumo wrestler and be "MODAL" ?
    only worry would then be budget... unless someone sponsors a banner...... just my 2 cents on feasibility

Urm okay, that would go in line with the theme... but will the process be too long and cumbersome?... (why I thought my poster idea also sucks... lol)

Edit: are there button making machines that can do the job really quickly? As speedy as printing the photos?

I have the button making machine! But perhaps running out of the larger metal plates for holding the photos, wonder of we can get supllies here? I normally order them from HK. Well if we are still serious to explore this option let me know I will check what is left. Need to size the photo to a circle template, then cut the printed photo into shape, and that is time-consuming to do.

TIme consuming and costly. Do badges maybe for voluteer but already have the badge.

chngpe, on sat you ask me to print some stuff? or design banner? or etc.. i forget what is it.

pm me about it

cheers

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast