Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3678910 ... LastLast

Thread: National serviceman needs maid to carry his backpack

Default Re: National serviceman needs maid to carry his backpack

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    next time Singapore needs military assistance... and other countries step in to help...they won't send troops... they'll send maids
    Yes. Only help to carry our boys' barang barang. They can then go fight without carrying their full packs. May be can let the maids carry their SAR21 and ammo too. Our boys just walk up to front line to face the enemies.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    just talking and joking about this NS boy and maid story with office colleagues and other friends and colleagues.....

I am REALLY out of touch with what goes on in NS nowadays (I was nsf from 1981 , 5 SIR)

PLEASE TELL ME THE FOLLOWING IS NOT TRUE :

1. Got outside contractors to do area cleaning nowadays
    2. No need to do toilet cleaning
    3. After meals dont need to clean your metal dish ... got contractors or FT to do your dish-washing
    4. Got contractors pick up their rubbish on ground floor of barracks everyday
    5. Flu or cough will get 1 day MC and Stay in Bunk or go home if its 2 days or more MC

PLEASE TELL ME ITS NOT TRUE
    We need to do area cleaning after Defence Ex. Also got to clean the stores we used during the Ex for recyclying else we would have to pay for the loss... cant remember the form used!

Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    We need to do area cleaning after Defence Ex. Also got to clean the stores we used during the Ex for recyclying else we would have to pay for the loss... cant remember the form used!

When we say area cleaning, we mean the toilets, corridors, bunks, parade square, store room, etc. Nowadays still practise this, or clean by bangalas?

Also, we do this EVERYDAY, not only during exercise days.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

Next time the Gen Y parents will tell their Gen Z kids " you guys are already damn fortunate got two maids to carry ur stuffs, last time we only got one maid to carry our backpacks! "

Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy View Post
    Next time the Gen Y parents will tell their Gen Z kids " you guys are already damn fortunate got two maids to carry ur stuffs, last time we only got one maid to carry our backpacks! "
    Do you think the freelance security advisers in Afghanistan are all Americans? In addition, the US army has a programme where you can serve in combat areas where US prefer not to send their precious sons of Americans. After your stint they may give you citizenship (if you live).

Quote Originally Posted by Virgo View Post
    When we say area cleaning, we mean the toilets, corridors, bunks, parade square, store room, etc. Nowadays still practise this, or clean by bangalas?

Also, we do this EVERYDAY, not only during exercise days.
    What I am trying to say is when after a very tiring ex, we still need to do area cleaning before we take a rest not forgetting clearing arm when the DO asked everybody to do so.

I just dont how I managed it or how my mates did it.

Just one of those so call routine!

Ah... right you are right 1206! Sometimes instead, we 'buy' from the ..........

That's part and parcel of army life and military training. No matter how tired, hack care de, just do it! Last time where got welfare this cannot do, that cannot do. See the training of our army boys now, I shake head.

When I was in Taiwan for training, a very well known verse was circulating around the Taiwanese Army camp: 合理的是訓練,不合理的是磨練!

And one think we know: 玉不磨,不成器!

What I am trying to say is when after a very tiring ex, we still need to do area cleaning before we take a rest not forgetting clearing arm when the DO asked everybody to do so.

I just dont how I managed it or how my mates did it.

Just one of those so call routine!

Ah... right you are right 1206! Sometimes instead, we 'buy' from the ..........
    Last edited by Virgo; 1st April 2011 at 09:24 PM.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

Ah... right you are right 1206!
    1206 is for NSF/Regulars only, NSmen sign G56 in lieu IIRC.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    nah. what if she's just a soft-hearted girl-at-heart who's longing for love not material gain
    u dun work hard, dun study hard, how to get her to notice u in the first place?
    sekali she not the type who goes for looks leh?

As of now, this is the most talk about photo in town and some part of the world.
    Will it be the photo of the year in Singapore?

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by kohweeloon View Post
    As of now, this is the most talk about photo in town and some part of the world.
    Will it be the photo of the year in Singapore?
    depends if straits times or new paper..

Quote Originally Posted by lamergod View Post
    LOL

That chap had undergone the gruelling Jungle Confidence Course at Brunei. A two phrase jungle warfare training exercise with more than 50% drop out rate amongst officer cadets in each cohort IIRC.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Quote Originally Posted by elgkh View Post
    i've seen police ops as well. i was one of those NSFs mobilized to keep surveillance on coastlines and jungles back in 2008 when he escaped.

when i got home, i went for a run and i went past a huge group of men in smart casual standing around the upper thomson area opposite Long Beach. from their behavior and speech i thought i was looking at a buncha hooligans/gang members ready to start something... until i saw some of them with pistols holstered but hidden at their hips. when they noticed that i saw the pistols they quickly covered up everything.

Quote Originally Posted by elgkh View Post
    manhunt sia !!

Plain clothes officers believed to be from the Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) combed a housing estate in Bedok on Saturday (2 April'11) for the individuals in the infamous picture of a maid carrying a fullpack - but failed to find their targets.

The officers gathered along Bedok Rise, which is near the Tanah Merah MRT station, for a quick debrief yesterday evening and were observed by this blogger. The group stood out in the quiet estate because I have seen police surveillance teams in action and somehow sensed the group did not fit in with the streetscape.

One officer was overheard updating an unnamed party via mobilephone that there were x targets for the day and the maid at one premises was not in.

Objection !!!

that guy own up liao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Where is the sauce ?

Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    that guy own up liao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    manhunt sia !!

Plain clothes officers believed to be from the Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) combed a housing estate in Bedok on Saturday (2 April'11) for the individuals in the infamous picture of a maid carrying a fullpack - but failed to find their targets.

The officers gathered along Bedok Rise, which is near the Tanah Merah MRT station

Not a clever way. Maids are strictly documented. Easy to check with all maid agencies who have posted maids to Tanah Merah area. Check the photo. Then easy to find the culprit. Also, the neighbours must have easily recognised the idiot and his maid, and can inform the Army. Even other maids can easily tell on them. Maids have their social circle. Give a $10,000 reward.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3678910 ... LastLast