Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456710 ... LastLast

Thread: National serviceman needs maid to carry his backpack

Quote Originally Posted by dreaming
    maybe the maid want to be a soldier more than him.
    It is not about the other party, is about the man in green is mentally weak and lazy.

Default Re: National serviceman needs maid to carry his backpack

Quote Originally Posted by zaren View Post
    haha....i found the image online lar...

actually, come to think of it, the modern SAF is not bad. think "welfare" for our boys in green
    maybe they will issue all NSF their personal segways, then dun have to worry about physical exhaustion. ST Kinetics can modify them to mount backpacks & rifle racks. Should solve all embarrassing issues with maids carrying backpacks for the future.

Charge this jerk with maid abuse and sentence him to Kranji Detention Barracks for 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Charge this jerk with maid abuse and sentence him to Kranji Detention Barracks for 2 years.
    and carry sand bag......

Now the tri sevice so many jobs outsource lo so this is one of it project, maybe.

now take air con bus to range very siong u know. eat SFI or NTUC food like ****. bunk got kingkoll cant sleep well. squeeue in 5 tonner with 12-13 man very stuffy. do area cleaning dirty their hands. hmmm wat else
    Canon 1D MK3,28-200 F3.5-5.6, 100 F2
    My Models

Quote Originally Posted by snowspeeder View Post
    Well done and excellent discipline in parenthood. I believe in 'spare the rod, spoil the child'. A lot of the folks these days who 'protect' their child in the name of 'giving them the best' will someday realize what a BIG MISTAKE they are making.
    Tell that to the people who are babysitting the people who can't google.

Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    Tell that to the people who are babysitting the people who can't google.
    i might be one of those babysitters.... or one of those who can't google

there's also the unspoken rule of yesteryear: you can spoil others' kids. after all, they'll be a menace to their parents. NOT you

Quote Originally Posted by de_stan View Post
    This issue has certainly created alot, and I mean ALOT of attention.
    I don't think that SAF is laughing at this matter for sure.
    Good luck to that soldier in the picture!
    Maybe this weekend no booking out

Blog Entries

just talking and joking about this NS boy and maid story with office colleagues and other friends and colleagues.....

I am REALLY out of touch with what goes on in NS nowadays (I was nsf from 1981 , 5 SIR)

PLEASE TELL ME THE FOLLOWING IS NOT TRUE :

1. Got outside contractors to do area cleaning nowadays
    2. No need to do toilet cleaning
    3. After meals dont need to clean your metal dish ... got contractors or FT to do your dish-washing
    4. Got contractors pick up their rubbish on ground floor of barracks everyday
    5. Flu or cough will get 1 day MC and Stay in Bunk or go home if its 2 days or more MC

PLEASE TELL ME ITS NOT TRUE
    Last edited by ed9119; 30th March 2011 at 12:10 AM.
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Blog Entries

5. and there is XXXL size uniforms easily available nowadays (!!!!????)
    Last edited by ed9119; 30th March 2011 at 12:14 AM.
    Walkeast

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post

3. After meals dont need to clean your metal dish ... got contractors or FT to do your dish-washing
    5. Flu or cough will get 1 day MC and Stay in Bunk or go home if its 2 days or more MC

it is. but during my time like 3 years ago... we still did our own cleaning.
    we don't wash our own dishes.... because they didn't want us to waste time cleaning. but we practically trained all day long.
    basically we clean the whole battalion. the only one entitled to a cleaner... is the CO
    it's not easy to get an MC -.-

5. and there is XXXL size uniforms easily available nowadays (!!!!????)
    i believe so yes.

just talking and joking about this NS boy and maid story with office colleagues and other friends and colleagues.....

I am REALLY out of touch with what goes on in NS nowadays (I was nsf from 1981 , 5 SIR)

I do not know whether this is true now. I only know during my time, if I don't do the above properly, I will be in deep sh*t

MC?? My time if you keep getting MC, you will get to enjoy but when in camp, the person will be very lonely.......he will most likely be outcast

Something to highlight, if your son went to NS, complained of flu/cough, MO say, no go.

Next day, he runs 2.4 km anyways and he collapses and dies. What will be your reaction, upon knowledge of the MO's assessment? You will pump your fists in the air and say "Attaboy, MO! You're making a man out of him?"

Something to highlight, if your son went to NS, complained of flu/cough, MO say, no go.

Next day, he runs 2.4 km anyways and he collapses and dies. What will be your reaction, upon knowledge of the MO's assessment? You will pump your fists in the air and say "Attaboy, MO! You're making a man out of him?"
    maybe what ed refers to back than his time, even during my time, flu and cough was the easiest excuse to skip training or chiong for MC... things change primarily during the SARS and H1N1 crisis....

maybe thats the only reasoning i cld come to..
    LORD of THe NoObs
    FLICKR

Blog Entries

might as well say hand pain and next day died because no MC how ?

come on, thats not fair.... of course I will raise a stink if its my own child and I will deal with it when it happens ...... and just hope that imy kid does not draw THAT short end of the straw....

I know you're drawing me into an argument .... which I will not participate in nor reply further my buddy.... but I will say this ...... putting/processing kids through a regime like NS is unfortunately no different from a production line.... damaged stuff and rejects happen and are an unavoidable cost ..... factory will of course try to keep it as low as possible ...... but zero casualty ? There is a cost to achieve zero default rate..... and its not cheap....... everything slows to a crawl to make sure there are NO damaged goods or QC is so low that EVERYTHING is passed ..... or live with the inevitable casulties, tough choices that society has to make, no ?

Again you just pray and hope that your own makes it out a better person and in one piece.

Thats life.... or how I see life in situations like this... try our best as frog parents knowing that not all the eggs we lay are going to make it to adulthood

Out.
    Last edited by ed9119; 30th March 2011 at 01:46 AM.
    Walkeast

This is on Taiwan News

I've read all your post reply from the beginning and just to share with you guys my two cent worth of thought. Even if the soldier is suffering from back ache or is currently sustaining an injury, firstly, he should had took a taxi all the way back home, at least up till his void deck or something. My guess that it's a book out day, so how heavy could his field pack be? Just dirty clothes? It's not like he's carrying a 7 pack item with the ET Stick and blade with 7 litre of water right? Well, before you start to judge me, I may not be a mortar soldier but I used to be a rifleman and i know how it feels like carrying a field pack, especially walking through the jungle of brunei, up and down the hills for days. From my opinion, I think it's his fault that this picture was taken and it's now exposed on the world wide web, he should had thought about it before he did this act. These are common sense, it's like going back to school. I smoke but i can't smoke while i'm wearing the school uniform. He is a soldier and a soldier who wears the SAF uniform represent OUR ARMY. Now that this has happened, what will the world think about our army?

6. No more than 20 pushups can be given as punishment. (punishment like "knock it down 200" are a thing of the past....lol)

welcome to the slicker, smarter, kinder SAF my friend
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

my time in national cadet corps (NCC) was tougher than SAF. We in NCC were like superstars in the school. imagine this :

morning exercise , duck walk more 60 mins, if senior buah song, he will ask you to duck walk up 4 stories high and duck walk down again.

push up, sit up must be 3 digits one..where got 20 pushup,....you wait long long...

when gals see my butt , they will touch me, nice butt. no kidding...

but that was like 22 yrs ago....
    Last edited by ninelives; 30th March 2011 at 06:43 AM.
    Objection !!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zaren View Post
    6. No more than 20 pushups can be given as punishment. (punishment like "knock it down 200" are a thing of the past....lol)

welcome to the slicker, smarter, kinder SAF my friend
    NO freaking WAY !!!!!! are u serious ??? Man, so, NSF boys are like ...... posers these days ???
    Walkeast

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456710 ... LastLast