Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5891011 LastLast

Thread: National serviceman needs maid to carry his backpack

Blog Entries

Default Re: National serviceman needs maid to carry his backpack

the NSF is identified and regrets his action

lets look for the photographer now LOL !!
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Arrow Re: National serviceman needs maid to carry his backpack

Most here are out of touch with the SAF.

It is now a gentler and kinder SAF with please and queues and no more hokkien swear words in the mix.

We now fight the enemy with universal rounds and producing keyboard warriors of the future.
    Last edited by xtemujin; 6th April 2011 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    good chance to increase maid's levy............ as they now also need to protect country ahah
    LoL.. like this! Anyway.. he is doing NS not by his own choice.. and there are all sorts of people, just like in BnS forum.
    You can't expect everyone to behave like you want them to..

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    for someone to have tarnished the SAF's reputation so much... and caused a sensation around the world... just an apology will suffice? i doubt it's that simple. the SAF doesn't work this way.

the only reason why they're giving this explanation is to close this case quietly.
    Actually, that young 'man' is only partly to blame. Majority of the blame should go to his parents for what he is today. At least he knows the mistake he has made. His parents aren't even showing any repentance.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

Quote Originally Posted by Virgo View Post
    Actually, that young 'man' is only partly to blame. Majority of the blame should go to his parents for what he is today. At least he knows the mistake he has made. His parents aren't even showing any repentance.
    yup... parents are getting to soft on their kids

Although I am in disagreement with that young NSman that is in the highlight... and making us Singapore Military famous around the world (in a very bad way). However I must point out that there simply is nothing SAF could punish the young man.

I mean... there is no specific law saying that a NSman must not or could not hand his barang barang to a third party to carry.

Blog Entries

shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    Although I am in disagreement with that young NSman that is in the highlight... and making us Singapore Military famous around the world (in a very bad way). However I must point out that there simply is nothing SAF could punish the young man.

I mean... there is no specific law saying that a NSman must not or could not hand his barang barang to a third party to carry.
    "Dishonour and disrepute".

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    it's in almost every country: thailand, england, australia, taiwan, malaysia, indonesia...

by the way, soldiers are supposed to be "tough". able to go into war staring death in the eyes... ok i jest. i watch too much 300.

when in uniform, even NSFs represent the nation's MEN.

what happens when the MEN are portrayed to be weaker women? ha. next thing you know, people'll be lobbying for women to serve NS as well since they're as tough "they can carry fieldpacks" i'm sure it bruises many egos.

when in uniform in public, NSFs and NSMEN and Regulars in the force are to carry themselves well. that means no foul mouthed swearing, no monkey business, no leaping around like a prancing ballerina and acting the fool. not even smoking, holding their GFs' hands or wearing the uniform sloppily.

what this NSF did, he just threw the masculine identity of the Armed Forces to the dogs.. basically showing the Soldiers of Singapore as men who can't even carry their own bags. the tough identity is gone. Soldiers are there for the citizens to rely on in times of strife, but what the picture portrays is a soldier who can't even carry his own bag, or shoulder its weight.

will people trust in an Armed Force that's portrayed as weak and can't do a simple thing like carry their bag home from the bus stop?

Train this small boy to carry this 81mm mortar.

Last edited by ricohflex; 6th April 2011 at 11:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post

Hmm. could try this

http://statutes.agc.gov.sg/non_versi...9292814-000461

Conduct to prejudice of good order or discipline
    25. Every person subject to military law who is guilty of any act, conduct or neglect to the prejudice of good order or discipline shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable on conviction by a subordinate military court to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 12 months or any less punishment authorised by this Act.

section 25 - the catch all phrase

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    you talking about the "air force" guy or me being a troll? sorry a little sensitive here.

because i've seen army regulars like that. have you?

anyways, it's called trying to save face. the SAF employed that line to show the world at least the recruit has integrity... if you buy it.
    we all know u're a japanese idol, cant be both a troll and that. 8)
    but it did read like u were feeding that other guy without much checking on his bg..
    the army regular i saw had the nsf write one of her papers..
    maids werent the in thing then.
    wat exactly did u see the regular do(not talk abt doing)?

in any case, its a blur recruit.
    humtum, and get on with the other business of the day already.

Quote Originally Posted by kuanwk View Post
    we all know u're a japanese idol, cant be both a troll and that. 8)
    but it did read like u were feeding that other guy without much checking on his bg..
    the army regular i saw had the nsf write one of her papers..
    maids werent the in thing then.
    wat exactly did u see the regular do(not talk abt doing)?

in any case, its a blur recruit.
    humtum, and get on with the other business of the day already.
    i've seen bro. i've seen these things before. so i can safely say it happens...

though we take things with a pinch of salt... sometimes those who've experienced it will of course be miffed.

japanese idol :bmilie:

nice one dude.

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Train this small boy to carry this 81mm mortar.

Wow... Classic!!! How did you even get your hands on this training manual of which country's army?

Quote Originally Posted by skf View Post
    True. I am aware of this Act. However, my question is... what does it means by the term "any act, conduct or negliect to the prejudice of good order or disciple"? Is formal education to the NSman ever been make to the NSman by Mindef when the recruits are being introduced to the military in regards to the terms found in this act?

If not, how would an NSF or even a regulars actually know what is good discipline and what is good conduct or orders. I means, the basic like, not stealing, robbing, using vulgar languages, spitting, etc is common sense (oh... and stealing, robbing and stuff like that are covered by other acts). But letting a third party carry the backpack is although (common sense to us, as not a good way to show yourself in the public) but to some, it is a way of life... because since young they have been doing it and no one had penalise them.

I mean, I sure would not want the mindef or whoever to invoke such a section (sec 25), it would been selling off my rights. Because today (for example) walking at 20km/h is acceptable... who knows if tomorrow when in uniform I am suddenly being caught and charged under this section because I am walking too unsoldiery like?

Anyway as an afterthought, I do despise people like the NSman in question in the photo. But what I means is... there really is nothing Mindef could do. And if they actually invoked Sec 25 on this... I am sure alot of people might be feeling a bit uneasy, because you never know what will happen to yourself and your younger generation should they serve the military and find themselves in queer situation whereby this section is invoked freely.

Unless there are written rules or explanation (in black and white) on what the terms as any act, conduct or neglect to the prejudice of good order or discipline actually emcompass.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex

Send this idiot to Fukushima No. 3 nuclear reactor core.
    In the newspapers it was reported that his parents were angry that the public reacted this way.
    This means they felt there was nothing wrong with them telling the maid to carry their son's back pack.
    This is one thoroughly spoilt brat.
    Must be one hell of a white horse. Normal people kenna charge already.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123
    Read the saf act. "Behavior unbecoming of a serviceman" is a chargeable offense. God knows how many went into db with this charge back in my day.

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309

yup... parents are getting to soft on their kids
    I agree.

It is like education, where teachers now treat students like prince n princesses, saf no longer can treat nsfs like their pioneer 1g or 2g did.

Very much because in part the parents now knows far more revenues to complain n demand.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123

Must be one hell of a white horse. Normal people kenna charge already.
    Hard to say whether white horse or not. I mean it was a seemingly quite an "innocuous" part of his day that rippled into amazing proportions.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5891011 LastLast