Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: How do i check shutter count in my camera?

  1. #1

    Default How do i check shutter count in my camera?

    Im using a canon 50d

  2. #2

    Default Re: How do i check shutter count in my camera?

    Quote Originally Posted by mengwei11 View Post
    Im using a canon 50d
    Please try a search. Seriously, there are at least 50 threads on this.
    Alpha

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23

    Default Re: How do i check shutter count in my camera?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Please try a search. Seriously, there are at least 50 threads on this.
    honestly, Newbie to ask question in this area is normal rite? this allow newbie to have a fast start..
    if no one would like to help, just ask newbie(including me) to search within forum(by the way, searching engine does not work very well....), or google....
    that really defeats the purpose of having a forum...

    just my personal opinion.. please do not fire on me.

  4. #4
    Member hermes76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    West Coast Village, Singapore,
    Posts
    23

    Default Re: How do i check shutter count in my camera?

    how to check for 600D?
    Canon EOS 600D | EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS | EF 50mm f/1.8 II | Raynox DCR-250

  5. #5

    Default Re: How do i check shutter count in my camera?

    Quote Originally Posted by mokkimhong View Post
    honestly, Newbie to ask question in this area is normal rite? this allow newbie to have a fast start..
    if no one would like to help, just ask newbie(including me) to search within forum(by the way, searching engine does not work very well....), or google....
    that really defeats the purpose of having a forum...

    just my personal opinion.. please do not fire on me.
    Not flaming you or anything but its actually in the forum rules, newbies are advised to do a search first to see if the topic had been discussed before and for this topic, there is a large amount of results just by typing in "shutter count" into the search engine.

  6. #6

  7. #7
    Moderator rhino123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NA
    Posts
    5,247

    Default Re: How do i check shutter count in my camera?

    Quote Originally Posted by mengwei11 View Post
    Im using a canon 50d
    Go to this website: http://astrojargon.net/EOSInfo.aspx

    Download the installer there.

    Connect your 50D to the computer and run the program. You should get the shutter count there. it works well for my 40D and the website say that it will work for 50D as well.

    Hope it helps.

    As for someone asking for 600D shutter counts (I think). This camera is pretty new, so no software out yet.

    Another way was to bring down to CSC to check.

  8. #8
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Yes, canon is little different and troublesome as the SC is not stored in the EXIF. Info.

  9. #9
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: How do i check shutter count in my camera?

    Quote Originally Posted by mokkimhong View Post
    honestly, Newbie to ask question in this area is normal rite? this allow newbie to have a fast start..
    if no one would like to help, just ask newbie(including me) to search within forum(by the way, searching engine does not work very well....), or google....
    that really defeats the purpose of having a forum...

    just my personal opinion.. please do not fire on me.
    it is the same in any forums, new members are advised to go thru sticky threads before post any questions.
    and also preform a search to find out are such questions being ask before, not just only here.

    we hope our members can engage in depth discussions in photography, instead of treating here as information counter.

    anyway, photography is also a process of learning how to solve the problems yourself, expecting a solution provide by others will not help you eventually.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  10. #10

    Default Re: How do i check shutter count in my camera?

    Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    Go to this website: http://astrojargon.net/EOSInfo.aspx

    Download the installer there.

    Connect your 50D to the computer and run the program. You should get the shutter count there. it works well for my 40D and the website say that it will work for 50D as well.

    Hope it helps.

    As for someone asking for 600D shutter counts (I think). This camera is pretty new, so no software out yet.

    Another way was to bring down to CSC to check.
    It works for 50D..confirmed!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •