Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: newbie camera help.

Quote Originally Posted by latmo
    you want high zoom ? you want dvd quality video ? you want 1cm marco ?
    Z3
    you want something cheap and good quality picture ?
    A80

both have manual control and semi manual control
    really a hard choice

althought i am a A80 user and A80 is really a good cam but if you give me a choice now to choose ......... i will go for Z3 for it 12X zoom, 640x480 30FPS movie mode... marco .... well i can always add a filters hehe
    so ask yourself worth paying around $200 more for high zoom and video mode ? ask yourself do you really need it ?

but 1 thing about Z3 is really look like a piece of plastic toy ........
    indeed look like a toy to me2.. tats why it dun attract me in the 1st time... do u have any picture to show me that is taken from ur A80? would like to see

my album down ....
    cant show you now ....
    guess it would be up tomorrow ...

http://www.fotop.net/latmo

Smile

Are you a starter? Then i suggest you don't get so expensive camera first, perhaps some $1000+ cameras will let you feel pleased with it already, better still, get cameras below a 1000, you can ask people here to recommend you some cameras, they will definitely recommend you good and a fair price camera

1. Minotla A1, bought mid Jan this year (2004), still under warranty.
    2. Minolta 3600 HS(D) Program Flash, bought mid Jan this year (2004), still under warranty
    3. Filter
    4. 128 CF Card
    5. Minolta Tripot
    6. CF Card Reader
    7. Dimage Camera Case
    8. plus standard accesories

All of the above items (1and 2) come with receipts, warranty cards and boxes.

Looking at $1250.

above is someone who quoted me on a second hand A1.. worth it ? but oh well i should listen to the Professional i think i will got for milnota Z3 heard it's quite good and very fast except for the " masak" look... hope to get a good buy at comex2004..

Quote Originally Posted by ETboy
    1. Minotla A1, bought mid Jan this year (2004), still under warranty.
    2. Minolta 3600 HS(D) Program Flash, bought mid Jan this year (2004), still under warranty
    3. Filter
    4. 128 CF Card
    5. Minolta Tripot
    6. CF Card Reader
    7. Dimage Camera Case
    8. plus standard accesories

All of the above items (1and 2) come with receipts, warranty cards and boxes.

Looking at $1250.

above is someone who quoted me on a second hand A1.. worth it ? but oh well i should listen to the Professional i think i will got for milnota Z3 heard it's quite good and very fast except for the " masak" look... hope to get a good buy at comex2004..
    not sure how much does the flash cost .....
    but ... i feel it is too expensive to start off
    still suggest you to get 1000 and lower
    i can say A80 is one of the best p&s camera by the quality/price ratio

ps since A1 is just around 1000 oversea i will think it will not worth if it cost more than 1000 for a second hand in singapore

thanks ! haha so did u shoot the fireworks with ur A80 too? tats cool but i think i'll go for minolta Z3

if u got the money to pour into the powershot pro1 or othe coolpix s8700....

i seriously suggest u get a D70 or a 300D.....u know y...coz they both come wif auto functions tt allow u to use them like a point and shoot...

when u are ready u can try out the other uses of the camera....SLRs provide a whole range of control in photography...something prosumers cannot achieve

cheers!...

Quote Originally Posted by Witness
    if u got the money to pour into the powershot pro1 or othe coolpix s8700....

i seriously suggest u get a D70 or a 300D.....u know y...coz they both come wif auto functions tt allow u to use them like a point and shoot...

when u are ready u can try out the other uses of the camera....SLRs provide a whole range of control in photography...something prosumers cannot achieve

cheers!...
    witness trying to bait more pple into dslr world ah? lolz.. dslr might be a bit too heavy for a beginner. I think he should go for something reasonably good and not so expensive.

just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by foxtwo
    witness trying to bait more pple into dslr world ah? lolz.. dslr might be a bit too heavy for a beginner. I think he should go for something reasonably good and not so expensive.

just my opinion.
    i agree, the add ons will cost him a digicam here and there, think twice.

okok....hahah.....i still prefer manual film....dslr was purchased for different purposes....

the A75 and A80 i tink i great for pickin up....seriously....ppl like tunster pack a punch wif the A80....great photos....so i guess this is my recommendation...

the minota z3 is a great buy too.....personally i feel however, is tt for digicam, buy brand new better.....juz a personal hinch..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123