Blog Entries

Default Re: Scammer Chris Liew - Mirage Event Management

inform the media also? hmmm
    Lousy de My Flickr

This is the guy, confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyorange
    inform the media also? hmmm
    Wah, you very clever to also suggest stomp and razor tv. Good brother sure get many people know him

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pino1969 View Post
    This is the guy, confirm.
    Google is your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123

Google is your friend.
    Yes agree

Quote Originally Posted by pansbulcem

Wah, you very clever to also suggest stomp and razor tv. Good brother sure get many people know him
    This guy has been scamming many people for 10 years...maybe longer and everytime he is still in safe zone.

Stomp & Razor might only publicize him temporary, need to work out a plan to fully ensure he no longer scam.

Brothers who are victim before please pm me, we have a few of us here ready to nail him down.

See his face already wanna wack him up. Such a SL face. Bring him to justice!
    | 5D Mark III | 24-70mm F2.8L MK II | 70-200mm F2.8L IS MK II | 600 EX-RT | Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG (A) |

Guys before you get carry away. Just band together report him to the police and take to court. A let the govn feed him for a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by singscott
    Guys before you get carry away. Just band together report him to the police and take to court. A let the govn feed him for a few years.
    U are right!!

Singscott is right.

As reasonable and law-abiding adults, we should not advocate violence. Let the authorities pursue the matter.

Also, please be very careful about photos and links before publicizing them.
    Please VERIFY if need be before linking them. We had to take down at least one wrong link as this is a serious matter and not to be taken lightly.

Studiolabmaster, please take note.

Agree. let the govn feed him for few years. I was one of the victim.But not a photographer but as a sound system service provider.
    almost 2 yrs already never get paid. called him chg number, then have the cheek to call me again and to do his event and said that
    he will give me my last payment if i do his another event.
    One day GOD will find justice.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fadlin View Post
    Agree. let the govn feed him for few years. I was one of the victim.But not a photographer but as a sound system service provider.
    almost 2 yrs already never get paid. called him chg number, then have the cheek to call me again and to do his event and said that
    he will give me my last payment if i do his another event.
    One day GOD will find justice.
    just report him already.

Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    just report him already.
    wish you good luck ! hope successful

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pansbulcem View Post
    wish you good luck ! hope successful
    i'm not one of the ppl who got scammed...

anyways my take on this.

if u have repeated cases... all go together, and report him together....

sure exciting one...

let me know. i'll drop by to take photos for u all

Guys, there will be a meet up of few of the victims today at everton park during lunch period! After which we will made police report of this scammer!
    Please pm me if anyone is interested to join in, thanks!

My thoughts on this case:

Were you running a company when you worked for him? Any invoice issued for work done?

Were you considered as "under employment" when shooting the event? Contract signed?

You may think of yourselves as victims, but don't forget that you yourself might have also broken the law when working for him.

Quote Originally Posted by chanjyj

Were you running a company when you worked for him? Any invoice issued for work done?

Were you considered as "under employment" when shooting the event? Contract signed?

You may think of yourselves as victims, but don't forget that you yourself might have also broken the law when working for him.
    Working for him without a contract/invoice and not running a company is broken the law?

Enlighten me

Even small claim court unable to get this guy for settlement - this guy was summoned but he didn't turn up. Tell me what can be done even proper documents is being produced.

Quote Originally Posted by chanjyj View Post

I am interested in your above interpretation as well. How did the victims break the law ?

Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy View Post
    I am interested in your above interpretation as well. How did the victims break the law ?
    IIRC, all business activities have to be done under the banner of a company/business/LLP. Provision of photography services is not one of the few exemptions.
    The only other way for the transactions to be legal is for them to be employed by Chris. I doubt so, from what I read about this Chris character.

Unless you can find some loophole, by providing photography services to Chris without registering a company (I use this term generically) they are already in the wrong.

Of course, if you want to go the other route, Chris is also guilty of not paying them CPF
    Last edited by chanjyj; 29th July 2011 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pino1969 View Post
    Working for him without a contract/invoice and not running a company is broken the law?

Enlighten me

Even small claim court unable to get this guy for settlement - this guy was summoned but he didn't turn up. Tell me what can be done even proper documents is being produced.
    See my reply to giantcanopy, for the first part of my answer.

But in the second part of post you talk about "proper documents". That seems to imply you were running a company. If you were, then my reply to giantcanopy is not applicable.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast