Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Singapore offshore island to take pics

  1. #1

    Default Singapore offshore island to take pics

    Hi guys,

    Just wondering other than the four main islands off singapore...

    http://comesingapore.com/travel-guid...fshore-islands

    are there any more Singapore islands that we can travel to take some pics?

  2. #2
    Senior Member bonrya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    In a mobile cage
    Posts
    2,633

    Default

    Maybe this can help:

    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_...s_of_Singapore

    I heard pulau hantu & sisters island are nice places to walk around in.
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

  3. #3

    Default Re: Singapore offshore island to take pics

    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Ong View Post
    Hi guys,

    Just wondering other than the four main islands off singapore...

    http://comesingapore.com/travel-guid...fshore-islands

    are there any more Singapore islands that we can travel to take some pics?
    you can walk around Singapore. it's an Island too

  4. #4

    Default Re: Singapore offshore island to take pics

    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Ong View Post
    Hi guys,

    Just wondering other than the four main islands off singapore...

    http://comesingapore.com/travel-guid...fshore-islands

    are there any more Singapore islands that we can travel to take some pics?
    Hey you miss out Pulau Tekong

  5. #5

    Default Re: Singapore offshore island to take pics

    how about semakau? but i think you need permits and have to go with only a few select societies...
    Canon 550D | EFS 18-55 IS | EFS 15-85 IS USM | EF 50 f/1.8 II

  6. #6

    Default Re: Singapore offshore island to take pics

    Quote Originally Posted by snowc View Post
    Hey you miss out Pulau Tekong
    On Tekong you shoot with different equipment

  7. #7

    Default Re: Singapore offshore island to take pics

    Quote Originally Posted by snowc View Post
    Hey you miss out Pulau Tekong
    Anit not interested in takin pics of our "home boys" , been there done that....
    unless those boys are in sexy 2 piece bikini, then i will take and post on " NASTY NOTTIE ARMY BOYz"

  8. #8

    Default Re: Singapore offshore island to take pics

    Quote Originally Posted by martellkr View Post
    how about semakau? but i think you need permits and have to go with only a few select societies...
    Hi Martellr,

    do u have more info on that? care to explain more details ? sounds quite interesting .....

  9. #9
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: Singapore offshore island to take pics

    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Ong View Post
    Anit not interested in takin pics of our "home boys" , been there done that....
    unless those boys are in sexy 2 piece bikini, then i will take and post on " NASTY NOTTIE ARMY BOYz"
    Tekong is a treasure island filled with plenty of nature photography opportunities, IIRC there are a tree or two over there that was cordoned off simply because they are so rare that it could not be found anywhere else.

    I was fortunate to had participated in a simulated assault to recapture the airstrip on Pulau Sudong once, nice unspoilt sandy beach along with clear waters and corel reefs at the shallow seabed.

    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 27th March 2011 at 04:10 AM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  10. #10
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: Singapore offshore island to take pics

    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Ong View Post
    Hi Martellr,

    do u have more info on that? care to explain more details ? sounds quite interesting .....
    Here (linked to a .pdf file at NEA website).
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  11. #11

    Default Re: Singapore offshore island to take pics

    Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    Here (linked to a .pdf file at NEA website).
    Hi 9v Orion Images,

    Thanks for the link!, really very useful and interesting, once i master / improve my DSLR skills, sure wana go there take a look ...
    jus wondering since it is a "land fill" - wont the whole island smell ?

  12. #12

    Default

    No it won't. waste are incinerated before dumping into the land fill.

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    998

    Default Re: Singapore offshore island to take pics

    Hey bro, you may not want to detail your experience about Pulau Sudong.


    Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    Tekong is a treasure island filled with plenty of nature photography opportunities, IIRC there are a tree or two over there that was cordoned off simply because they are so rare that it could not be found anywhere else.

    I was fortunate to had participated in a simulated assault to recapture the airstrip on Pulau Sudong once, nice unspoilt sandy beach along with clear waters and corel reefs at the shallow seabed.


  14. #14

    Default Re: Singapore offshore island to take pics

    Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    Tekong is a treasure island filled with plenty of nature photography opportunities, IIRC there are a tree or two over there that was cordoned off simply because they are so rare that it could not be found anywhere else.

    I was fortunate to had participated in a simulated assault to recapture the airstrip on Pulau Sudong once, nice unspoilt sandy beach along with clear waters and corel reefs at the shallow seabed.

    Not much people remember Tekong as a nature treasure anymore now that its a miltary camp. Occasionally, you can see pink dolphins playing in the waters near the ferry terminal.

  15. #15
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: Singapore offshore island to take pics

    Quote Originally Posted by nikkie View Post
    Hey bro, you may not want to detail your experience about Pulau Sudong.
    Not breeching any OPSEC here, mate, since I didn't exactly diverge any sensitive details etc. etc. Information regarding military exercises at Pulau Sudong can be located in the open domain since eons ago together with Google Earth revealing the infrastructure on the island.

    IIRC, there was even a MINDEF/SAF TV commercial years ago featuring a portion of such an exercise with an AMX-10 rolling off a FCU at the beachhead. Exciting times.

    Cheers.

    Quote Originally Posted by snowc View Post
    Not much people remember Tekong as a nature treasure anymore now that its a miltary camp. Occasionally, you can see pink dolphins playing in the waters near the ferry terminal.
    Not to forget the indigenous fearless wild boars, pythons and occasional swimming Asian elephants.
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 27th March 2011 at 02:35 PM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •