I have only started DSLR photography for the past 4 months for casual photo-taking. I have been doing intense reading-up on many many stuff both online and forums and feel that I am ready to shoot in manual mode. This is my first photography event in which I am shooting in manual mode and will certainly appreciate any form of advice.
Camera: Canon 550D
Lens: 18-55mm Kit Lens
Tripod: Fancier 662A
- Remote Shutter Release
- No flash (I just ordered Yongnuo YN645 via Ebay)
- 60cm light tent with 2x 200W light bulb with stand (More for my product photography)
Occassion: Niece 1 year old Birthday
Location: Orchid Country Club playroom (little Ozone)
Lighting Condition: Indoor
- Should I bring along my tripod? If yes, when should i make use of it? I will be photographing kids and babies and cannot afford slow shutter speed. Does this makes the tripod useless? (Since I assume tripod is mainly only used for long shutter speed for stability)
- Any recommended camera settings for aperture, shutter and ISO? (I understand it depends on the lighting condition. Based on my camera capabilities, is there any general tips?)
- Did I missed out anything?
Thanks everyone for your reply.