Thread: Empty mount

Talking Empty mount

In the future, will there be a company, come out with a DSLR, totally with no mount? Then they produce different mount adapter for their camera and therefore, you can use every kinds of lens from every brand. It might be possible, with technology so advance nowadays and people are preferring new concept/idea gadget. If I am a billionaire, I might produce such camera. Borrow ideas from different brand and get the best out of them.
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

Default Re: Empty mount

Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    In the future, will there be a company, come out with a DSLR, totally with no mount? Then they produce different mount adapter for their camera and therefore, you can use every kinds of lens from every brand. It might be possible, with technology so advance nowadays and people are preferring new concept/idea gadget. If I am a billionaire, I might produce such camera. Borrow ideas from different brand and get the best out of them.
    according to marketing, that idea won't work out. i doubt, that any of the DSLR brands would sell their mount specifications to that camera maker.

Got Pextan what!! Made in China with universal mount.
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

Quote Originally Posted by bonrya View Post
    Got Pextan what!! Made in China with universal mount.
    unless major manufacturers unite all APS-C/H and FF brands (canon, sony, nikon, pentax). lessee

C, N, S, P..

PEntax
    NIkon
    Sony
    CANon

hmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309

unless major manufacturers unite all APS-C/H and FF brands (canon, sony, nikon, pentax). lessee

C, N, S, P..

PEntax
    NIkon
    Sony
    CANon

hmmmm
    Huh????
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

You can have an exact physical mount but wouldn't the fact by reverse engineering the electrical interfaces along with the exact or identical communications protocol used be a blatant violation against the patents held by the respective manufacturers?

Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 25th March 2011 at 09:10 PM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra