Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canon 450d

Default Re: Canon 450d

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin Francis View Post
    To each his own. If it really bothers you that much, go ahead and upgrade! Personally, I do find the LCD can be an issue, but hardly the decisive one.

Then again, I used to own the Canon D60 (not 60D mind you) that had a small, low-res 1.8" LCD that turned everything GREEN.

Of course, if you do upgrade, you'll probably find a lot of other things have improved e.g. I was pleasantly surprised when I used a 550D and found it far more responsive than the 450D -- focusing, review etc.

None of this will really make your photos better, but if they improve your enjoyment in using your camera, go for it
    I don't think that one should upgrade to the same class of camera (entry level to entry level), unless it's like 5 generations apart (and 550D to 600D is not a generation apart, it's a lame excuse to come out with a new model). And camera LCD alone is definitely not a good reason to upgrade a camera.

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    do you mean Frame Rate or Shutter Speed? LOL
    it's really the shutter speed :P (my max now is 1/4000, I've yet to hit the point where 1/4000 is still too slow. Shot in 1/4000 just once before as it was too bright and no NDs)

FPS is not an issue for me.....yet. Not into action or fast paced freeze motion photography yet.

*personally, I can hardly justify a reason for myself to upgrade when most/if not all the fault(s) comes from me and my lack of skills to push the camera + lens's capability to it's limit*

Quote Originally Posted by kelchew View Post
    Thanks for the support. Ya spent so much yet find that this (450d) cant compare to my friends pns that make mi upset
    Haha
    Why compare pics only on the camera body? Compare it AFTER PP and uploading it to flickr, web albums or facebook.
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike View Post
    it's really the shutter speed :P (my max now is 1/4000, I've yet to hit the point where 1/4000 is still too slow. Shot in 1/4000 just once before as it was too bright and no NDs)

FPS is not an issue for me.....yet. Not into action or fast paced freeze motion photography yet.

*personally, I can hardly justify a reason for myself to upgrade when most/if not all the fault(s) comes from me and my lack of skills to push the camera + lens's capability to it's limit*

Why compare pics only on the camera body? Compare it AFTER PP and uploading it to flickr, web albums or facebook.
    well, if your shutter speed can't go any higher, there are other ways to darken the image aren't there? other than ND Filters of course

bring a mac and shoot tethered then you'll have a nice lcd.

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    well, if your shutter speed can't go any higher, there are other ways to darken the image aren't there? other than ND Filters of course
    Well, pardon my lack of knowledge....I remember I was already at f16 (didn't want to go beyond this....), ISO100, 1/4000.....(shooting reflections in water, prob this was abit pushing my luck )
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike View Post
    Well, pardon my lack of knowledge....I remember I was already at f16 (didn't want to go beyond this....), ISO100, 1/4000.....(shooting reflections in water, prob this was abit pushing my luck )
    what lack of knowledge! you're too humble you already know about the problems of stopping down more than f16, fair enough. but if you wanted the shot, then just go for it

Quote Originally Posted by brapodam View Post
    I don't think that one should upgrade to the same class of camera (entry level to entry level), unless it's like 5 generations apart (and 550D to 600D is not a generation apart, it's a lame excuse to come out with a new model). And camera LCD alone is definitely not a good reason to upgrade a camera.
    Sure, I'd agree that an improved LCD alone is not a good reason to upgrade, but since neither you or I will be using it, it's really not our call. "Should" doesn't enter into it - if the differences/improvements increase the TS' enjoyment in taking photos, who are we to say he shouldn't get the newer model? A very different scenario from the scores of photogs who want to upgrade because they can't get the results they want!

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin Francis View Post
    Sure, I'd agree that an improved LCD alone is not a good reason to upgrade, but since neither you or I will be using it, it's really not our call. "Should" doesn't enter into it - if the differences/improvements increase the TS' enjoyment in taking photos, who are we to say he shouldn't get the newer model? A very different scenario from the scores of photogs who want to upgrade because they can't get the results they want!
    true. i've heard of many photographers who jumped brands because "this brand can't get the shot but the other brand can".

which is a very ridiculous reason..

Some PNS camera does really shoot very nice and sharp picture. My Lumix sometimes shoot day photos sharper and more beautiful than my 550D also. Some PNS as more expensive than the 450D or even 500D.

Quote Originally Posted by Pentium
    Some PNS camera does really shoot very nice and sharp picture. My Lumix sometimes shoot day photos sharper and more beautiful than my 550D also. Some PNS as more expensive than the 450D or even 500D.
    Sometimes it is due to external factors like lighting.

I think you should focus on comparing the art of photography rather than buying a dslr to compare LCD screen. On the other hand I don't like lcd that are very bright and contrasty. Reason? They give a false impression that the picture I took is exposed properly etc but when you open up in computer I find that my pictures are under-exposed and dull.

I rather have a lcd that reflects what the actual photo looks like rather than I have to adjust my judgement to guess how the photo will look like on computer screen based on the lcd screen.

Personally I think making your photos look better through improved lcd screen is abit like delusion.

At the risk of jumping to conclusions here, i believe LCD screen is helpful to a certain extent. Example when client requests to preview photos on camera, what they see on camera LCD screen does matter. Of course you can explain to them that what they see is not what they get, but that first impressions is what is ingrained in them.

Thanks every1 for the reply, will do another deep thinking should I be changing,
    Sometime it just the virus in this forum la (the BBB) haha

Quote Originally Posted by kelchew
    Hi all I m using 450d canon now
    Jus find that the LCD is so " not that nice" compare to my friends 60d
    And after a compare to other friend pns it no that good oso
    Thinking upgrade to 600d will it be better?
    And if compare 60d and 600d which is better?

Sorry for the newbie qus
    Jus find that the LCD really....
    The LCD is one of the least impt things in a camera for me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12