Thread: samsung camera any good?

Default samsung camera any good?

I'm just wondering if Samsung's camera is of any good? Was looking at the dual-LCD screen one but not sure if I should buy it.

I already have an Ixus & is quite happy with the picture quality, so was wondering if the picture quality of Samsung camera is good?
    (: nothing is good or bad - it's just how you look at it :)

Default Re: samsung camera any good?

Quote Originally Posted by blurnata View Post
    I'm just wondering if Samsung's camera is of any good? Was looking at the dual-LCD screen one but not sure if I should buy it.

I already have an Ixus & is quite happy with the picture quality, so was wondering if the picture quality of Samsung camera is good?
    Is there any special reason to change a camera if you are quite happy with yours?
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

Sounds like Itchy Pocket Syndrome, caused by BBB virus. Bonus payout?
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Sounds like Itchy Pocket Syndrome, caused by BBB virus. Bonus payout?
    Sure seems like so. If got deep pocket. Buy the x100 Currently one of the best of the compact around.
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

Quote Originally Posted by blurnata View Post

Samsung might not be all that famous in the camera market, but you can be sure that their products are more than capable enough to hold their own against, or even surpass their Canikon counterparts, especially in their prosumer segments.

I have a Samsung NX10, and based on my brief shooting stint with it, let's just say that Samsung's cameras are fast. The camera was ridiculously fast to autofocus even in low light, and the eye sensor which automatically toggles between the EVF and LCD screen was almost instantaneous. For comparison purposes, the Fujifilm HS10 which i bought recently actually takes almost 2 entire seconds for the eye sensor to transmit the data to the camera and toggle between the EVF and LCD screen.

Furthermore, I have seen a lot of Samsung cameras come with the ability to simulate how an image will look like when the built-in flash is activated. When you compose your picture on the LCD screen or EVF and then hit the button to bring up the built-in flash, the camera automatically corrects the Live View by brightening up the frame to give the user an estimation as to what the current scene looks like if flash was used to provide additional lighting. THis feature is conveniently absent many of the 'professional' Live View-enabled DSLRs sold on the market.

But if there is one thing i have to complain about Samsung cameras, it is that the sensor appears to be inherently noisy, and this stretches from its EVIL cameras all the way down to its compact PnS bodies.You really don't want to shoot at ISO800 (or above) on a Sammy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Etna-sama View Post
    But if there is one thing i have to complain about Samsung cameras, it is that the sensor appears to be inherently noisy, and this stretches from its EVIL cameras all the way down to its compact PnS bodies.You really don't want to shoot at ISO800 (or above) on a Sammy.
    That is the Archilles' heel of the NX10. The poor ISO performance.

i wouldn't touch Samsung compacts. but i would molest all the Fujifilm EXR sensor cameras and Panasonic LX Series and all the Sony TX Series

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    i wouldn't touch Samsung compacts. but i would molest all the Fujifilm EXR sensor cameras and Panasonic LX Series and all the Sony TX Series
    hahaha...ever got into trouble with the law by "molesting" these beauties?

Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike View Post
    hahaha...ever got into trouble with the law by "molesting" these beauties?
    only dirty looks from the salesmen from touching their "wares"

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    That is the Archilles' heel of the NX10. The poor ISO performance.
    Which is why i retired the NX10 in favor of the Fujifilm HS10 superzoom.

Granted, the HS10 uses a ridiculously tiny 1/2.3" sensor compared to the NX10's APS-C, but it really says a lot when the HS10's noise at ISO800 is far less significant than the NX10's noise at the same ISO level.

but quality-wise (under well-lit situations), the NX10 produces great, sharp images with extremely vivid, high-contrast colours.