Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 25678 LastLast

Thread: Road trip to Pengarram, JB!!

Ok let me correct what I said, 'This being my first model photoshoot outing,...'

Quote Originally Posted by Newman
    What were your aperture and ISO settings?

Joanne, we can see you putting a lot of effort into the trip. Somehow I felt there was a family kind of feel to it. You with all your shouting at us like your kids and Stanley with his uhhhh fatherly burping...kekeke. Anyway, besides your heartfelt efforts, I would also like to see more co-operation from other photogs. Especially when it's someone's turn to shoot, the rest shouldn't distract the models. I'm glad my group was mature enough to handle this well. They didn't even shoot during the models' group shots as I can see it was quite chaotic even when you tried to make it orderly. Anyway, maybe we should have some briefing by Stanley or the other pros before we start shooting for future trips. This being my first photoshoot outing, I feel that it can be better controlled for a more efficient and pleasant experience. And I think it would be less stressful for the organisers and models as well.
    Here Joanne again. As I say this is the first time we have the trip in such a big group, due to our English one pc one pc so we have a bit "pai seh" to speak infront of so many of you. That's why we don't have briefing. Sorry for this. As I say early I will do better on the next trip, and I will try to brief what is necessary eventhough my English one pc one pc.

Quote Originally Posted by Toto38
    Here Joanne again. As I say this is the first time we have the trip in such a big group, due to our English one pc one pc so we have a bit "pai seh" to speak infront of so many of you. That's why we don't have briefing. Sorry for this. As I say early I will do better on the next trip, and I will try to brief what is necessary eventhough my English one pc one pc.
    Joanne ! Dun worry .......you STILL HAVE US !!!!! YOUR STUDENTS Next x, u tell us .....we will help you

due to our English one pc one pc so we have a bit "pai seh" to speak infront of so many of you. That's why we don't have briefing. Sorry for this. As I say early I will do better on the next trip, and I will try to brief what is necessary eventhough my English one pc one pc.

Your English where got one pc one pc one? Dun bad ah..

Thumbs up

What were your aperture and ISO settings?

Joanne, we can see you putting a lot of effort into the trip. Somehow I felt there was a family kind of feel to it. You with all your shouting at us like your kids and Stanley with his uhhhh fatherly burping...kekeke. Anyway, besides your heartfelt efforts, I would also like to see more co-operation from other photogs. Especially when it's someone's turn to shoot, the rest shouldn't distract the models. I'm glad my group was mature enough to handle this well. They didn't even shoot during the models' group shots as I can see it was quite chaotic even when you tried to make it orderly. Anyway, maybe we should have some briefing by Stanley or the other pros before we start shooting for future trips. This being my first photoshoot outing, I feel that it can be better controlled for a more efficient and pleasant experience. And I think it would be less stressful for the organisers and models as well.
    On the whole, I think most of the participants were generally very discipline, educated lot, and especially orderly, except for a few "jokers" - I am sure you know who you are if you are reading this!, who has a tendency to shoot into other groups turn just because they fancy one favourite model in bikini.

Briefing or no briefing, everyone behaves very well and were generally co-operative, with compassion; give and take a little here and there, and considering natural tendency of overzealousness for some, except for one participant within my group who is more into a world of his own shooting, I believed we as a group thoroughly enjoyed the shoot with lots of fun and laughter with the bevy of beauties.

Like what Bean said, your English is good enough. Maybe we should ask Phil Date if he understands u. If he can, I'm sure everyone else can.
    Anyway, I really enjoyed the trip and SLCC can look forward for my support for future trips.

Phildate
    Guests

I understand you just fine Joanne! and learn a few new things in Hokkien

Yup, agree most photographers were great, save for one who kept gatecrashing into other groups. I asked the fella which group he belonged to when he gatecrashed into mine, and he claimed that he lost his group. I could see all five groups on the beach, so maybe he belonged to a phantom sixth group

In any case, delays or "deviant" photographers, it was a great trip. Looking forward to the next one

Quote Originally Posted by Phildate
    I understand you just fine Joanne! and learn a few new things in Hokkien

Hows the fish and chips man,, need newspaper or not

I am glad that everybody can understand my "powderful" English. Anyway as what I metion early that I will try to plan for anyother trip on Nov or Dec to JB, but now I would like to go further to Malacca.
    Now I am doing my homework for this trip. I must look for new faces for the trip, I will try not to have the same face, and many other things.
    For the Malacca trip I must make it better than this trip. If you guys have any funny jokes or any special incident you can share with us during the journey. I have to apologise this time we had a super lousy tourguide, I hope the next trip we will not be so "swey" to have the lousy tourguide again.
    Let's look forward for the next trip, hope we can gather and have more fun and more enjoyable trip.
    Will you guys to come to my siudio on this Sat 7.30pm to collect the group shots(5R), cos some of the girls will be here. Do you want to "sian" them? He he! See you on Sat(if you can make it)

If same tour guide,, we make her walk outside the bus....
    but if good looking tour guide, nevermind if she can't talk,, we will all shoot her as well..

The tourguide sounded like a man. For a moment, I thought it was Stanley talking!
    Oh no! Your studio is going to be packed this Sat! I think even those who did not go for the trip might come down to 'beo' the girls also! Hahaha.
    To those who went, would you like to share your shots with the rest? I might be able to bring down a laptop for us to view those photos on CDs. We can help to critique each others' photos so we can do better next round.

Quote Originally Posted by JAG
    If same tour guide,, we make her walk outside the bus....
    but if good looking tour guide, nevermind if she can't talk,, we will all shoot her as well..

Yes, I think it's safer to get a pretty tourguide. Can serve as backup model also.

Default great idea !!!!

..................Oh no! Your studio is going to be packed this Sat! I think even those who did not go for the trip might come down to 'beo' the girls also! Hahaha.
    To those who went, would you like to share your shots with the rest? I might be able to bring down a laptop for us to view those photos on CDs. We can help to critique each others' photos so we can do better next round.
    Great idea !!! We can all learn from each other mistakes I will drop by if I can make it .... So,guys ..remember to bring down your pics and the 5 extra sets for the gals - if u want them to have a copy.

When we reached Desaru , the tourguide so quiet liddat....did not even intro the place . She was damn quiet thru out the whole journey...as if she was not even there!!

Joanne was like our tourguide thru out the whole journey, entertain us with jokes and stories

Must Go for the Next coming trip organize by them.

GO GO GO
    Last edited by ReSpawN; 16th September 2004 at 12:15 AM.

Smile pengagram trip JB

I observe some photographer in the front row did not give way to others behind them after taking their shot. This is selfish and you wont get good angle if you did not move your shooting position at difference angle. Give other the chance to take the shot if you are not taking but only standing in front to view the models.

Quote Originally Posted by angalphoto
    I observe some photographer in the front row did not give way to others behind them after taking their shot. This is selfish and you wont get good angle if you did not move your shooting position at difference angle. Give other the chance to take the shot if you are not taking but only standing in front to view the models.
    Sorry angalphoto! I think they are not purposely cos they told me that this is the first time they go shooting with such a big group, so they a bit nervous.
    Any way I think I had never do my part. As what I said early I will sure to do it better for this next trip. SORRY angalphoto I will try not to let this happen again.Thank you for you feed back.

Thumbs up Pengerrang JB

Joanne,

Everyone should have voiced their two-cents comments - some were just feedback, some purely comments, some suggesting major areas for improvement. On the whole, the effort you and the team have demonstrated was very well appreciated. You could not have possibly pleased everyone, just take note of those major hiccups and enhance on those that gave us pleasure and packaged that into the next upcoming trip - would be great.

My opinion is that journey to the location is somewhat a far distance vis a vis the net duration of the shoot. Cost/time/ benefit (duration of shoot)consideration.

People forming part of the crew has an implied duty, particularly to ensure their responsibility towards passenger/client and not possess self problem. Their sense of duty must come first before their other pleasure pursuit ( perceived).

Seafood - Excellent . Would love to come back for more.

Models - Can't ask for anything better. Simply marvellous and excellent!

Group member - Well disciplined. Good demographics mixed.

Organisers - Very good.

Unless there are more concrete issues to add, I hope we can put a closure to the trip, instead of a long lists of trivial replies, etc.

Oh no.. This Saturday I'm out of town, so have to give it a miss again!!!

....Will you guys to come to my siudio on this Sat 7.30pm to collect the group shots(5R), cos some of the girls will be here. Do you want to "sian" them? He he! See you on Sat(if you can make it)

This saturday ... how come I missed this part ??

Will try to make it ..
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 25678 LastLast