Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Road trip to Pengarram, JB!!

I can easily say that this is the best outdoor model shoot I have had. The food, models and attention to details by Joanne is fantastic! I will be the first to put down my name when the next trip comes along.

Hello! Everybody I am Joanne. Thank you for the support and give this opportunity to me, of course we had a great time yesterday.
    I can't sleep on the Friday night, cos I am very worry that some thing don't go well. Not only that I also worry will the food enough? Will the models co-operate? Will the weather good? Will everyone enjoy the shoot? All the questions keep on bothering me. Because of all these I am very pressure, I had very bad headache from yesterday till today. Fortunately the weather was very good yesterday and thanks god that every things go well during the trip.
    Is worth it that I had put on a lot of hard work to plan this trip when I see everyone enjoy the trip. Allow me to give myself a but I will give you guys
    Let me have a good rest, so that I can plan the next trip( not so fast
    )
    THANK YOU TO LET THIS TRIP FILLED WITH FUN!!!

Default Poor Joanne .....

Quote Originally Posted by Toto38
    ..... I can't sleep on the Friday night, cos I am very worry that some thing don't go well. Not only that I also worry will the food enough? Will the models co-operate? Will the weather good? Will everyone enjoy the shoot? All the questions keep on bothering me. Because of all these I am very pressure, I had very bad headache from yesterday till today. Fortunately the weather was very good yesterday and thanks god that every things go well during the trip.
    Is worth it that I had put on a lot of hard work to plan this trip when I see everyone enjoy the trip........
    You will be surprised, people. I went down to SLCC on Friday night. Joanne was sharing with me her worries. She was so worried about all your safety and expensive equipments. Of cos, the 'roses' too - our pretty models, who may attract unwanted attention. After hearing her worries, I prayed hard on Friday night and thankfully, it was answered on Sat

I am glad everything turned out fine. We have taken our pics, 'makaned' the great seafood and dessert, cleared thru' customs with only minor hiccups and had excellent weather to compliment our shoot. In fact, the mosquitoes were quite kind to our models too - 'took' only what they need . When we went for our last Ubin shoot, the mosquitoes were having a feast on my models!!

So, poor Joanne ....take a GOOD REST and once again, for offering such a Value-For-Money (VFM) trip to all of us. By the time you are fully re-charged for the next trip, we will be shooting with our NEW equipments ....... 1D MKII, EOS 20D, NIKON D(XXX - what would it be ? )

Phildate
    Guests

Hey everyone!

Thanks Stanley, Joanne & co for organising a great trip. Enjoyed very much!! But next time can we have chips with the fish??

Just wanted to say that it has been a great trip and I was very impressed that Joanne could manage such a big group of shutterbug monsters and the delicate models so well. Although there was frustration due to glitches and human issues, the result speaks for itself. From our point of view, we got the best out of the trip - best arrangement, best model, best FOOD arrangement. From what we can see, the Lim's couple really use their soul and heart to organize the event with all possible personal human touch they could give.

Finally, to Stanley, allow me to say this, your most important asset of your photo business in not your expensive equipment, its your wife Joanne!!

That's all I wanted to say.

Quote Originally Posted by unclej
    Finally, to Stanley, allow me to say this, your most important asset of your photo business in not your expensive equipment, its your wife Joanne!!
    Well said, I share your sentiments exactly.

really had a great time, especially with the group of photographers my wife and I were in: Ace, Aris, Cheng Lai and one other guy I cannot remember the name (but remember the face lah!)

Joanne should a good rest though - you looked like you were going to faint at one point of time.

Quote Originally Posted by unclej
    Well like they say, behind every successful man, there's a woman. Not only was she a mommy to the models, she was a mummy to the rest of us! During lunch, she brought over the unfinished dishes from the models' table to us and I stuffed myself so much that I couldn't squat during the shoot! Even one of the models, Carol, remember me as the one who finished the crabs!

Hi everyone ,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Stanley , Joanne & organizer for making this wonderful trips . Although we have an unforeseen waiting at the immigration. I really enjoy eating the lobster & next remember to call me if u going to makan there .I was having a bad headache thought out the trip but thanks to Joanne for buying the panadol . Where got this kind of services providing medicine & soda drink ????
    Lastly allow me to give u a services & many thanks

Mark
    Last edited by travelplanet; 13th September 2004 at 01:56 PM.

I really njoy the trip. Great work to Stanly and Joanne. Looking forward to another one

Got some photos to share from my site.

Thank you UncleJ, Qing Lai, melnjes and newman for your support. This trip will not be able to be successful if not for the co-operation and support of everyone.

Stanley need not only my support, he will need your support as well.

Smile

My feedback on the trip.

Joanne and Stanley Lim are both easy going and friendly people. I enjoyed their acquaintance.

I was impressed with Joanne's passion and devotion towards her duty. She gave the "extra miles" in ensuring everyone having a great time in both shooting and consuming the seafood. Once seated, nobody loves shuffling tables and she made recompense, and that was very nice of her.

Although it must have been a source of displeasure, I must say that certain factors are quite beyond her control. It must have been extremely stressful for her when one of the crew failed to ensure personal passport orderliness when clearing our local immigration.

The group of young lovely models were most co-operative, friendly, sweet and jovial throughout the shooting session. I pity that some of them got mosquito bites when they had to venture into some deserted spot. The bikini shoots was most enjoyable.

Thanks Joanne for making this a memorable and lovely trip.

There are obviously areas and room for enhancement in any overseas outing, I would not hesitate too much to join another upcoming trip though.

My only gripes were that the bus seats were too small (that's why I stood throughout most of the trip) and so were the crabs for lunch!

Hey LCT & Newman,

Thanks for the great feedback.

It was indeed stressful when the makeup artist was held up at immigration, as everything and everyone was held back. Unfortunately, she wasn't aware that she had problems with her passport since it wasn't expired at all. Sometimes, no matter how much checking you do, you can't avoid the inevitable. To be fair to Joanne and Stanley, they did decide to leave without the makeup artists and get on with the trip. Despite the long delay we had waiting for the makeup artist to join us on the other side of the causeway, i believe her services were of great value. It was really touch and go at one point. I'm grateful to everyone for being extremely understanding and patient with the whole fiasco. I'd like to say that this won't happen again, but i can't. All we can do is make contingency plans and do the best we can to make sure everything goes as smoothly as we'd like it to be.

As for the bus seats and crabs, there's not much we can do about it. Everyone probably came across something that they were not satisfied with, but we must always remind ourselves that the overall experience is the most important. Increase the portion of crabs and the lobster might get smaller....hehe

In any case, all feedback is good feeback. If given the chance, we'll definetly try to improve on any of the areas you folks feel we can improve on. It will never be perfect, but we'll try our best to make it so.

Please keep the feedback coming!

Default Road trip to Pengarram, JB

The trip is enjoyable for everyone. I see a few familar facese on this trip. Thanks to Stanley and Joanna and everyone in this trip helping each other.I am lucky to shot five roll of films and 150 digital shots. I suggest each and everyone should paid extra if we expect good quality models in future outing.Thanks everbody.

Arrow

Here is Joanne. I am very glad that all the people were enjoy the trip very much on the day. One hand can't clap we need two hands to clap, I hope everybody can clap together with me.
    Since all of you are so supporting so I die die will try to have another one on somewhere around November or December. We will have one somewhere around JB and I will plan one on next year around March to Kuantan.
    Let me do all my home work, I hope we can have more fun and more shooting time. I hope the next trip I can do better than this.

Here is Joanne. I am very glad that all the people were enjoy the trip very much on the day. One hand can't clap we need two hands to clap, I hope everybody can clap together with me.
    Since all of you are so supporting so I die die will try to have another one on somewhere around November or December. We will have one somewhere around JB and I will plan one on next year around March to Kuantan.
    Let me do all my home work, I hope we can have more fun and more shooting time. I hope the next trip I can do better than this.

yup ! it was a good trip indeed ! thanks for all the effort..
    WIll definitely join in for the next one

Hello! Everybody I am Joanne. Thank you for the support and give this opportunity to me, of course we had a great time yesterday.
    I can't sleep on the Friday night, cos I am very worry that some thing don't go well. Not only that I also worry will the food enough? Will the models co-operate? Will the weather good? Will everyone enjoy the shoot? All the questions keep on bothering me. Because of all these I am very pressure, I had very bad headache from yesterday till today. Fortunately the weather was very good yesterday and thanks god that every things go well during the trip.
    Is worth it that I had put on a lot of hard work to plan this trip when I see everyone enjoy the trip. Allow me to give myself a but I will give you guys
    Let me have a good rest, so that I can plan the next trip( not so fast
    )
    THANK YOU TO LET THIS TRIP FILLED WITH FUN!!!
    We were very lucky with the weather. I drove up the very next day and it was raining so heavy.. Couldnt even see 10m with the wipers going at 1/500..
    So well done on the choice of day..

Quote Originally Posted by JAG
    Couldnt even see 10m with the wipers going at 1/500..
    What were your aperture and ISO settings?

Joanne, we can see you putting a lot of effort into the trip. Somehow I felt there was a family kind of feel to it. You with all your shouting at us like your kids and Stanley with his uhhhh fatherly burping...kekeke. Anyway, besides your heartfelt efforts, I would also like to see more co-operation from other photogs. Especially when it's someone's turn to shoot, the rest shouldn't distract the models. I'm glad my group was mature enough to handle this well. They didn't even shoot during the models' group shots as I can see it was quite chaotic even when you tried to make it orderly. Anyway, maybe we should have some briefing by Stanley or the other pros before we start shooting for future trips. This being my first photoshoot outing, I feel that it can be better controlled for a more efficient and pleasant experience. And I think it would be less stressful for the organisers and models as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Newman
    What were your aperture and ISO settings?

Joanne, we can see you putting a lot of effort into the trip. Somehow I felt there was a family kind of feel to it. You with all your shouting at us like your kids and Stanley with his uhhhh fatherly burping...kekeke. Anyway, besides your heartfelt efforts, I would also like to see more co-operation from other photogs. Especially when it's someone's turn to shoot, the rest shouldn't distract the models. I'm glad my group was mature enough to handle this well. They didn't even shoot during the models' group shots as I can see it was quite chaotic even when you tried to make it orderly. Anyway, maybe we should have some briefing by Stanley or the other pros before we start shooting for future trips. This being my first photoshoot outing, I feel that it can be better controlled for a more efficient and pleasant experience. And I think it would be less stressful for the organisers and models as well.
    Brother Simon was last seen at ClickArt 2003 last year ... MIA since then ...
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast