Thread: Need advice - took some bad photos at NDP 2004

Default Need advice - took some bad photos at NDP 2004

Hi all, I'm a newbie, juz purchased a Canon A80 and a Nikon entry level tripod.

Went to Kallang this evening to try to take some fireworks photos. Take a look here. I know it's horrible, juz hoping that you guys can give me some pointers so that I can learn more. I think they are overexposed right? I had my ISO at 100, Shutter 4s/3.2s and f8.0.

Thanks in advance!!

try ISO 50
    2.5-3.2S

Yeah if the setting given by latmo still lead you to over exposed. The only thing you can do with A80 will be having a shorter exposure time like 1 or 1.3 seconds.

Due to the limited F stop. The only variable that you can play with is your exposure time. But i think some filter can be used to make the scene darker. but i am not very sure A80 can support filter or not.

sure
    get a adaptor and can use 52mm fliter

if iso 100 use between 1 to 1.6 sec depending on conditions f stop around 5.6 focus to infinity and stable tripod.

set to A and take l???...will give u pretty decent results tt way....manually calcuating exposure this way is very difficult.....coz every burst light intensity is diff....haha

hope this helps....good luck....
    Last edited by Witness; 12th August 2004 at 10:32 PM.