Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Lens

  1. #1

    Default Lens

    Hello fellow CS members,

    Anyone know what is the difference between 70-300mm F4-5.6 APO DG Macro(Motorized) and 70-300mm F4-5.6 DG Macro? beside 70-300mm F4-5.6 DG Macro has macro function.


    Blue125~

  2. #2

    Default Re: Lens

    One has the lens motor inside the lens, allowing it to autofocus on bodies like the Nikon D60, D3000, D3100, D5000. The other is a screw-driven lens.
    Alpha

  3. #3

    Default Re: Lens

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue125 View Post
    Hello fellow CS members,

    Anyone know what is the difference between 70-300mm F4-5.6 APO DG Macro(Motorized) and 70-300mm F4-5.6 DG Macro? beside 70-300mm F4-5.6 DG Macro has macro function.


    Blue125~
    Both have the macro function you are talking about but not full macro though. The difference is that one has built in motor and the other one doesn't, you only need to worry about this if you are using a Nikon.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Lens

    Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    Both have the macro function you are talking about but not full macro though. The difference is that one has built in motor and the other one doesn't, you only need to worry about this if you are using a Nikon.
    Ooooh, hmm....why if i'm using nikon then i have to worry about this?

  5. #5

    Default Re: Lens

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue125 View Post
    Ooooh, hmm....why if i'm using nikon then i have to worry about this?
    See my post. Budget Nikon DSLRs do not have a built-in motor. If you want autofocus, the lens needs to have a built-in motor on these bodies.

    If you do even basic research on the cameras on review sites you would have seen this information.
    Alpha

  6. #6

    Default Re: Lens

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    See my post. Budget Nikon DSLRs do not have a built-in motor. If you want autofocus, the lens needs to have a built-in motor on these bodies.

    If you do even basic research on the cameras on review sites you would have seen this information.
    i do know some DSLR do not have built in motor.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Lens

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue125 View Post
    i do know some DSLR do not have built in motor.
    So why do you ask me why you need to worry if you are using a Nikon?

  8. #8

    Default Re: Lens

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue125 View Post
    i do know some DSLR do not have built in motor.
    In that case you should already know the answer to your question instead of asking again.

    Ergo, you didn't know and are trying to cover up.
    Alpha

  9. #9

    Default Re: Lens

    i don't really study much about nikon.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •