Thread: What filter is the best?

Default What filter is the best?

Hi,i'm quite new at using 50mm f1.8 and basically with normal filter,i looked great.but just wanna know,is there any filter recommendations for better pictures?

Default Re: What filter is the best?

Quote Originally Posted by ritz0ne View Post
    Hi,i'm quite new at using 50mm f1.8 and basically with normal filter,i looked great.but just wanna know,is there any filter recommendations for better pictures?
    I hope you do know that it's not every scenario you can use filters to shoot better pictures. If you do not know if the particular shot you want to shoot requires filters or what type of filters (CPL, ND, GND etc), I doubt you need them yet.

If you are still insisting of getting filters, read this post first: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threa...ide-to-Filters

Not sure why the mods haven't stickied this post.
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

i personally don't use any filters on the 50 1.8..
    cheap filters degrade the quality of image..
    good filters will already cost half of the price of the lens..
    besides, the front element is recessed enough to provide some sort of protection..

just my 2 cents
    Canon 550D | EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6IS | EF 50mm f/1.8II |
    My Humble Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by ritz0ne View Post
    You should read up more on filters, there is no ultimate filter that will improve your shots in all situations, you must know what you need to get the effect that you want.

http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tut...ns-filters.htm

thanx for the info shared...