Thread: National Day Fireworks so much better

Default National Day Fireworks so much better

Is it just me or do u guys feel that the National Day Fireworks are more spectacular than the SFF ones???

I feel the same way too, I think it's more choregraphed compared to the 2 SFF fireworks.

But then, it could also be partly due to the music as well...

Lightbulb

My feeling is the fireworks are much "Bigger" in size. Design wise it's just like normal brust of flowery pattern lights?

Quote Originally Posted by nicholaslee
    My feeling is the fireworks are much "Bigger" in size. Design wise it's just like normal brust of flowery pattern lights?
    I saw some circles and heart shape + arrows

not bad not bad... haha... of course lar... NDP confirm they chiong one... cannot fight with SFF.... nevertheless, SFF also nice mah.

Well let us see that the Team SG will put more stuff in the SFF lor and beat other two country

Quote Originally Posted by chunger
    Well let us see that the Team SG will put more stuff in the SFF lor and beat other two country
    i think they are saving the best for last.
    hope they won't let us down.

i also feel ndp better
    but hk sff got 1 not bad

like a flower on top of leaves, complete with stalk

but too bad my flower top chopped off
    Last edited by zod; 10th August 2004 at 06:33 PM.

Hmm....everything is done to budget. You pump more money in, you get more quality.

Anyway, i think i prefer HK SFF, then NDP, finally USA SFF.
    All still pales to Esplanade opening (love the way they used sheares bridge!). And the HK one i've seen during CNY blows away all. Even a smaller city like Brisbane of 1.5mil has much better fireworks shared to me by others. Usually other countries do not have space and physical constraints, they fire from the entire width of brides/shore (try doing that at ECP), in HK they fire from 3 barges, in Paris they use the whole Eiffel Tower. More width and depth, so you don't see the crowded and "hiong" conditions in SG. If there is little wind to blow away the smoke, that's it.

Probably why people cannot take longer exposures of > 10 sec esp if they have little experience. I heard people complaining of messiness with just 6 seconds. Also why majority of the firework pics have underexposed backdrops of buildings.

If you have money to burn, can go to our neighbouring Indonesia to let off during CNY. $15-20 for a string of firecrackers, $30-100 for 1 pop of low-level cauliflowers and "golden showers".

Quote Originally Posted by 2100
    Hmm....everything is done to budget. You pump more money in, you get more quality.

Anyway, i think i prefer HK SFF, then NDP, finally USA SFF.
    All still pales to Esplanade opening (love the way they used sheares bridge!). And the HK one i've seen during CNY blows away all. Even a smaller city like Brisbane of 1.5mil has much better fireworks shared to me by others. Usually other countries do not have space and physical constraints, they fire from the entire width of brides/shore (try doing that at ECP), in HK they fire from 3 barges, in Paris they use the whole Eiffel Tower. More width and depth, so you don't see the crowded and "hiong" conditions in SG. If there is little wind to blow away the smoke, that's it.

Probably why people cannot take longer exposures of > 10 sec esp if they have little experience. I heard people complaining of messiness with just 6 seconds. Also why majority of the firework pics have underexposed backdrops of buildings.

If you have money to burn, can go to our neighbouring Indonesia to let off during CNY. $15-20 for a string of firecrackers, $30-100 for 1 pop of low-level cauliflowers and "golden showers".
    I heard from someone who commented that Singapore fireworks are like "Diarrhoea", they shoot everything at one go, so it's extremely easy to get overexposure, or the messiness you mentioned. And unlike other countries' fireworks which are more spread out, ours tend to be all fired at the same spot. Which is why you see most of the fireworks shots here are done in portrait format.

Yeah, for fireworks in Singapore, nothing beats the Esplanade opening fireworks. Absolute best I've seen.

Regards
    CK

Quote Originally Posted by ckiang
    I heard from someone who commented that Singapore fireworks are like "Diarrhoea", they shoot everything at one go, so it's extremely easy to get overexposure, or the messiness you mentioned. And unlike other countries' fireworks which are more spread out, ours tend to be all fired at the same spot. Which is why you see most of the fireworks shots here are done in portrait format.
    Yup bro, My mother-in-law, father-in-law, bro-in-law, GF and wife all said so too, they are from Indonesia and first time watching SG fireworks (SFF).

The HK one (just last week) is a bit spread out, with some appreciable pauses in between. That one is ok.

Phildate
    Guests

First time I had seen NDP fireworks last night and enjoyed them much more than the SFF.

I liken the HK and US displays to having a big box of expensive chocolates and stuffing them all in your mouth in one go. No time to savour the flavour of each one. Very difficult to photograph as often over-exposed.

I hope the Singapore team takes their time on Sunday....don't want to fight all that traffic again for just six minutes of pleasure!!

From a (amateur ) photographer's viewpoint, the NDP fireworks are better because the fireworks are more 'paced' and easier to shoot. But from a spectator's viewpoint, I still prefer the 2 SFF fireworks...

I do not agree. I don't see any choreography for the NDP fireworks. It's just that more types of fireworks were used for NDP, like the heart shaped ones. I feel that its only "fire type 1......now fire type 2.....type 3.....fire the big one last", and its only 3 minutes. However we might feel that its better coz its more predictable and therefore easier for us to shoot (They just fall in our frame nicely, where we want them to)

Still, I love Singapore, and I hope the last SFF will blow the other two shows away.

erm..ok....the fireworks for Aug 1st is by the USA team...
    on Aug 8th is by the Singapore team....

the up coming on 15th August is by HongKong Team...
    ya just to let u all know..in case u get the facts wrong...

yeah yeah....enjoy shooting doh...i m out of film n $$ so no shooting for me...just enjoy them..haha...

Quote Originally Posted by p4610yz

Huh?

Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by p4610yz

yeah yeah....enjoy shooting doh...i m out of film n $$ so no shooting for me...just enjoy them..haha...
    I was there on the 8th, the announcement said it's for the HK team.

Regards
    CK