Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: Pentax k135/2.5 lens

  1. #1

    Default Pentax k135/2.5 lens

    Its a beautiful lens, smooth focussing and solid built. Sharp and nice colour
    rendering.It a real keeper.Recent shot at the pangguni festival...

    1)


    2)


    3)


    4)


    Best 135mm lens Pentax ever made..

  2. #2
    Member seefei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    1,708

    Default Re: Pentax k135/2.5 lens

    brother, you are the guru of manual lens lah!! beautiful pictures from this lens.

    the 135/2.5 is a real keeper but it means really just that for me. i only keep and keep but never use.
    shoot to remember. flickr

  3. #3

    Default Re: Pentax k135/2.5 lens

    Quote Originally Posted by seefei View Post
    brother, you are the guru of manual lens lah!! beautiful pictures from this lens.

    the 135/2.5 is a real keeper but it means really just that for me. i only keep and keep but never use.
    Thanks bro, you should try more frequently then you know how good and fast it can focus to infinity.
    I don't use much on my Af lens..after i use to this lens. IT such a nice lens...

  4. #4

    Default Re: Pentax k135/2.5 lens

    Beautiful Colours ! Very sharp with smooth OOF areas.
    Thanks for the advise on the MF lenses... I really like them as well

  5. #5

    Default Re: Pentax k135/2.5 lens

    Hi bro, can you advise at which apearture did you use to take these pictures, Thanks .

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    The Far East
    Posts
    1,466

    Default Re: Pentax k135/2.5 lens

    Why this thread all of a sudden? I thought you already had it for quite some time? Hmm...

    Anyway, the K135/2.5 is a great performer, even when wide open. Pity I haven't been using it for a year or so. Some ol' shots that I fancy...





    What's the market price these days for one of these beauties? I think I got mine for either $300 or $400 a few years back.
    Brand loyalty? Pffttt...| Got Flickr?
    I shoot JPEG (got a problem with that?)

  7. #7

    Default Re: Pentax k135/2.5 lens

    Quote Originally Posted by maverickh View Post
    Hi bro, can you advise at which apearture did you use to take these pictures, Thanks .
    Hi maverickh either F2.5 or F4 on manual mode speed 180 to 250.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Pentax k135/2.5 lens

    Quote Originally Posted by snapnut View Post
    Beautiful Colours ! Very sharp with smooth OOF areas.
    Thanks for the advise on the MF lenses... I really like them as well
    Hi bro glad you like it, well you should hunt for ones..

  9. #9

    Default Re: Pentax k135/2.5 lens

    Quote Originally Posted by Baracus View Post
    Why this thread all of a sudden? I thought you already had it for quite some time? Hmm...

    Anyway, the K135/2.5 is a great performer, even when wide open. Pity I haven't been using it for a year or so. Some ol' shots that I fancy...





    What's the market price these days for one of these beauties? I think I got mine for either $300 or $400 a few years back.
    Bro Baracus, i love the first pic she look quite daring...and sharp on the eye..

  10. #10

    Default Re: Pentax k135/2.5 lens

    Quote Originally Posted by OPERA58 View Post
    Hi maverickh either F2.5 or F4 on manual mode speed 180 to 250.


    Thanks. Yes, its a good lens.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Pentax k135/2.5 lens

    Got this lens 2 or 3 weeks ago.

    It's tough to focus accurately, as I'm new to manual lens.

    Been trying out various subjects..


    Boy with hair in focus. Oh well, at least I got something in focus.. =)


    Chanteuse giving it all in the living room @ Durian, theatres by the bay (Had to desaturate as there was an ugly intense red spotlight on her)


    Lizzy, who startled me by running on the ground in front of me, and scrambling up a tree.

  12. #12
    Senior Member felixcat8888's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    9,108

    Default Re: Pentax k135/2.5 lens

    Quote Originally Posted by Baracus View Post
    Why this thread all of a sudden? I thought you already had it for quite some time? Hmm...

    Anyway, the K135/2.5 is a great performer, even when wide open. Pity I haven't been using it for a year or so. Some ol' shots that I fancy...





    What's the market price these days for one of these beauties? I think I got mine for either $300 or $400 a few years back.

    Was all the while thinking of getting one but at that time I had 2 copies of 135/2.8; one is a Korean Polar brand and the other a HOYA. Have since sold off the HOYA and thinking of selling off the Polar to fund this lens.
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2



  13. #13
    Member pentriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Guilin in Gombak
    Posts
    1,528

    Default Re: Pentax k135/2.5 lens

    Hi Opera58,
    Now I am tempted to bring mine out from the dry-box.
    BTW, you used split focusing screen or stock screen?
    Pentax for Life

  14. #14

    Default Re: Pentax k135/2.5 lens

    Quote Originally Posted by pentriot View Post
    Hi Opera58,
    Now I am tempted to bring mine out from the dry-box.
    BTW, you used split focusing screen or stock screen?
    This is the main reason i put up this Thread, most of the seniors do have this
    lens but just as a keepers....yeah split focus screen.

  15. #15
    Member HYPY13's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Geographical centre of S'pore
    Posts
    441

    Default Re: Pentax k135/2.5 lens

    Quote Originally Posted by OPERA58 View Post
    Its a beautiful lens, smooth focussing and solid built. Sharp and nice colour
    rendering.It a real keeper.Recent shot at the pangguni festival...

    1)


    2)


    3)


    4)


    Best 135mm lens Pentax ever made..
    Hi bro Opera, thanks for hightlighting this lens' capabilities-lets see more pixs & (pixels) from all who have this lens..


    Quote Originally Posted by seefei View Post
    brother, you are the guru of manual lens lah!! beautiful pictures from this lens.

    the 135/2.5 is a real keeper but it means really just that for me. i only keep and keep but never use.
    Helloo bro Seefei, good to hear from you again after a period of quiet-where have you been instead of the Feb photo competition & the March outing?
    Sola Scriptura, Sola Gratia, Sola Fide, Solus Christus, Soli Deo Gloria.

  16. #16
    Senior Member creampuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Dover
    Posts
    5,116

    Default Re: Pentax k135/2.5 lens

    135mm mania is back again! Thank you bro Opera58 for this thread.
    OK I got to take out my el-cheapo manual focus Sears 135mm (the one that can get the soft focus effect due to spherical aberration) and play, play but the problem is I'm too complacent with the uber fast AF from my FA 135mm lying around.
    135mm is a great focal length for shooting candids without the subject being too conscious of the camera. Maybe we should all organize a 135mm "sniper outing" soon.

    Good to see bro seefei posting here. BTW when are we going to have a drink together?

  17. #17

    Default Re: Pentax k135/2.5 lens

    Quote Originally Posted by creampuff View Post
    135mm mania is back again! Thank you bro Opera58 for this thread.
    OK I got to take out my el-cheapo manual focus Sears 135mm (the one that can get the soft focus effect due to spherical aberration) and play, play but the problem is I'm too complacent with the uber fast AF from my FA 135mm lying around.
    135mm is a great focal length for shooting candids without the subject being too conscious of the camera. Maybe we should all organize a 135mm "sniper outing" soon.

    Good to see bro seefei posting here. BTW when are we going to have a drink together?
    Thanks Dennis, that a good idea.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Pentax k135/2.5 lens

    more shot from the CNY january outing..

    1)


    2)


    Thanks

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    The Far East
    Posts
    1,466

    Default Re: Pentax k135/2.5 lens

    Quote Originally Posted by creampuff View Post
    135mm mania is back again! Thank you bro Opera58 for this thread.
    OK I got to take out my el-cheapo manual focus Sears 135mm (the one that can get the soft focus effect due to spherical aberration) and play, play but the problem is I'm too complacent with the uber fast AF from my FA 135mm lying around.
    135mm is a great focal length for shooting candids without the subject being too conscious of the camera. Maybe we should all organize a 135mm "sniper outing" soon.
    Will there be a proficiency shoot involved? (static/moving target, day/night shoot, shoot while standing/kneeling/proning)
    Last edited by Baracus; 23rd March 2011 at 12:36 PM.
    Brand loyalty? Pffttt...| Got Flickr?
    I shoot JPEG (got a problem with that?)

  20. #20
    Member pentriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Guilin in Gombak
    Posts
    1,528

    Default Re: Pentax k135/2.5 lens

    Quote Originally Posted by OPERA58 View Post
    This is the main reason i put up this Thread, most of the seniors do have this
    lens but just as a keepers....yeah split focus screen.
    Just remember the M42 TAIR 135/2.8 as well.
    Have to decide which lens to use for the 135mm "sniper outing".
    Pentax for Life

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •