Thread: Ok to post pics of Stars?

Default Ok to post pics of Stars?

I was taking photos of some local stars when a person from the crew said that non-press people are not allowed to shoot. Is there any consequences if it were to be posted online for people to see?

where were you when you shot the stars? if you were in a public area and not on any restricted property or enclosed area, i dont see why you are not allowed to shoot.

Was it a SPH mediaworks or MediaCorp production? They tend to be very strict abt publicity if the show is new or not officially launched yet. So that the competition does not counter it.

The stars in character, during a shoot are afterall considered the producer's intellectual property - so in a sense they do have the rights to ask you to stop, even if its within a public vacinity.

really? so if i stood across the road and shoot, they will come running over and ask me to stop? its a free world so if they want to shoot in a public place they shouldn't stop others from snapping away.

Quote Originally Posted by Adzz
    I was taking photos of some local stars when a person from the crew said that non-press people are not allowed to shoot. Is there any consequences if it were to be posted online for people to see?
    it's your camera, your lens. you have the right to shoot anything in public as long as it is not insulting the modesty of anyone.

just carry on shooting loh. if they man handle u, call 999

Quote Originally Posted by zodnm
    it's your camera, your lens. you have the right to shoot anything in public as long as it is not insulting the modesty of anyone.

just carry on shooting loh. if they man handle u, call 999
    Heehee, you can try that tactic. In extreme cases, they would assign a "bouncer" guy to "block your sight".

But if you have a long lens and can move fast, there's no stopping you lah the asst. producers that chase people are normally not very good runners

Anyway, to get back on track of this tread, the answer should be yes... the photos that you take of public events (in the vicinity of a public area) are your own and you can release them anywhere you please.
    Unless the subject in your photos does not approve of it and decides to sue you for everything you have, for releasing it. (in anycase you would already have posted it here - objective achieved)
    Last edited by sabbatical; 9th August 2004 at 02:25 PM.

its a mediacorp production. perhaps i was too close to them. the thing is press are allowed to shoot (publicize for them), but non-press, such as us, hobbyists are not allowed to shoot. Of coz, there were many other people snapping away too, either with videocam, or digicams. Perhaps, cams like dslr do get more attention from them.

Question in doubt now is whether we are allowed to host it online or in some galley for friends to see, since they said that shooting is not allowed.

sabb: i dun quite understand about "So that the competition does not counter it." maybe you can explain more. Hehe..

Quote Originally Posted by Adzz
    its a mediacorp production. perhaps i was too close to them. the thing is press are allowed to shoot (publicize for them), but non-press, such as us, hobbyists are not allowed to shoot. Of coz, there were many other people snapping away too, either with videocam, or digicams. Perhaps, cams like dslr do get more attention from them.

Question in doubt now is whether we are allowed to host it online or in some galley for friends to see, since they said that shooting is not allowed.

sabb: i dun quite understand about "So that the competition does not counter it." maybe you can explain more. Hehe..
    Normally they are more strict abt those that use videocams, but i guess your professional looking dslr gear must have impressed them.

Regarding posting on private (photo) discussion galleries, there is not a problem in that... and they cant stop you from posting it.

My take on the (competitor)counter issue is just my point of view...

let me guess. did you happen to be shooting the bikini-clad stars along orchard road? if so please post for the rest of us to enjoy

would like to, but pretty sensitive topic. haha. saw other CS members there too. besides, posting here might end up in sggirls or sth like this. just curious about guidelines to posting of such photos online.

btw, if you notice, even the potrait threads seldom have shots on alicia and the other models, which is a sad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by madmacs
    let me guess. did you happen to be shooting the bikini-clad stars along orchard road? if so please post for the rest of us to enjoy
    post post.. see how your moving target shots turned out..

put up somewhere and send up the links by pm we wont tell a soul

hehe... i will post it together with the debut episode. :P

let me find a good gallery, will post it there, and link you guys.