Thread: Need some advice

Default Need some advice

Hi guys.. currently i had a coking P holder but when i zoom all the way out for my 12-24 tokina. I got vignetting. So if I get a Lee holder, will I still have vignetting?

Default Re: Need some advice

Quote Originally Posted by skybroodz View Post
    Hi guys.. currently i had a coking P holder but when i zoom all the way out for my 12-24 tokina. I got vignetting. So if I get a Lee holder, will I still have vignetting?
    Are you using the regular P Holder or the Wide Angle P Holder? (The wide angle holder can only hold 1 filter at a time).

To the readings I have done(since I'm also intending to buy Cokin P Holder)
    - If you are using the Wide Angle Holder, is your UV Filter removed?
    - If you are using the Regular one, it will confirm vignette. If you are still keen on using multiple filter slot holder, you may have to invest in the Z Pro or X Pro Holder system.
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

hmm... I am using a cokin P, only can hold one filter only. My UV filter is remove but will have vignetting when i zoom to 12mm.

hmm... I am using a cokin P, only can hold one filter only. My UV filter is remove but will have vignetting when i zoom to 12mm.
    After reading up with lens specific Tokina 12-24 with P Holder, it seems like a common issue.....those who faces such issues moved to Z pro series or use blutac (Even at Z pro, still got slight vignetting at 12mm). *X Pro is wider than Z Pro*

Issues with Cokin Wide Angle P Holder with 12-24http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...3&changemode=1

Cokin Z Pro: http://www.flickr.com/groups/tokina1...7623352668822/

I can't comment much on the Lee holder since I don't have a pocket that deep...

*OTOH, It also can be "probably" be due to the adapter ring. Saw it in one of the post for 10-22 with Wide P Holder that the adapter ring causing using anything at 10-12mm to vignette*
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

Blog Entries

If you move to the Lee filter holder (foundation kit) that holds 100mm filters, you will not face the vignetting issue anymore. Hitech also offers a 100mm filter holder, and so does Cokin (called Z-pro). All those holders will work with any brand of 100mm filters (hitech, cokin or lee).

Yes I faced that issue too at 12mm. Seems ok at 13 or 14mm.
    Somehow the construction of the lens causes the corners of the filter holder to intrude in the frame. Have not personally tried with Lee holder, but from the looks of it, it sits slightly further back, thus should reduce/eliminate the vignetting. Kinda expensive compared with price of lens though
    Exploring! :)