Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are You Spoiling Your Kids?

Default Re: Are You Spoiling Your Kids?

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    he has a special need for a spanking

This response below from another Stomper says it all

-----------------------------------------------

thirdtimer said on 21 Mar, 2011

He-Mom and the Masters of the Universe strikes again... everything revolves around me, its all about me me ME!!!

WRONG!!! No means No!!! if your child can fever for 3 days just for having a magazine snatched away, then i suggest you vaccum pack him in a 3-mil mylar bag and keep him somewhere cool, dry and dark...

plus, we're all really really sick and tired of paying full price for magazines from 7-11 only to realised they had been flipped and browsed with pages crumbled by selfish moms and their feverish kids...
    I can understand the anger from all the readers, my heart was boiled too when I read that, how can an adult, a parent, have such mentality, as if the world is revolving around she and her precious son.

However, we also don't know about the actual condition of her son, as she didn't mention that, so give her the benefit of doubts. The special needs I'm referring to is mentally or intellectually challenged.

Just hope that she is only a parent with low EQ and her child is a spoiled brat. Nothing else.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    I can understand the anger from all the readers, my heart was boiled too when I read that, how can an adult, a parent, have such mentality, as if the world is revolving around she and her precious son.

However, we also don't know about the actual condition of her son, as she didn't mention that, so give her the benefit of doubts. The special needs I'm referring to is mentally or intellectually challenged.

Just hope that she is only a parent with low EQ and her child is a spoiled brat. Nothing else.
    uncle catchlights you sure are benevolent! *salute*

OT a little.. just only i was walking around when i noticed that there was a mother pushing her kid around in a pram... and the kid appeared to be 5 or 6 years old!

just realized that it's the norm these days. i remembered my parents.. when i was around 2 or 3 and clamored for the pram... my parents told me to walk... and threw the pram away LOL

kids now were too pampered...go ns oso cry...wat a wuss. which brings me to ask...did the kids nowadays run in the field anymore? get scrapes, fall into drains or wat not, then get up, and run again?

or they just ask their mommy to write to complain about not putting up a sign at the field saying running might cause u to fall?
    おれのflickrださ

I won't comment because often a very skewed perspective is posted online, even from the person involved. What I can recount is an experience with a young girl and a kitten. So basically I was playing with one kitten, a black one, these two kids came along - presumably siblings. The boy seemed younger and was on a bicycle, and this girl was on a skate scooter. Basically most kids won't really bother cats when there are people playing with them, so I didn't pay them any attention. The girl moved forward, quite close to the kitten. So I looked at her. She looked back.. And she inched forward slowly, until the scooter front wheel reached the body of the kitten.. And it continued so I grabbed her scooter handle and carried the kitten away, before dressing her down. So this lady came along, seemed like the mother, and she glared at me. I told her, sorry, your kid was going to roll over a kitten.

I did not expect anything like a public display of scolding. To me, if the kid was able to do such a thing, something is already wrong. I have seen kids chase cats around, or even take a stick and wave it at them, but to roll over one? That takes some amount of bad upbringing or something unhappy to result in this behaviour.

The lady glared at me, said nothing, took her kids by the hand, and walked off.

Nothing to say, but I will remember this for life, because I don't understand how a young girl of about 6 or 7 tops can bring herself to indulge in such an act.

Quote Originally Posted by edutilos-
    I won't comment because often a very skewed perspective is posted online, even from the person involved. What I can recount is an experience with a young girl and a kitten. So basically I was playing with one kitten, a black one, these two kids came along - presumably siblings. The boy seemed younger and was on a bicycle, and this girl was on a skate scooter. Basically most kids won't really bother cats when there are people playing with them, so I didn't pay them any attention. The girl moved forward, quite close to the kitten. So I looked at her. She looked back.. And she inched forward slowly, until the scooter front wheel reached the body of the kitten.. And it continued so I grabbed her scooter handle and carried the kitten away, before dressing her down. So this lady came along, seemed like the mother, and she glared at me. I told her, sorry, your kid was going to roll over a kitten.

I did not expect anything like a public display of scolding. To me, if the kid was able to do such a thing, something is already wrong. I have seen kids chase cats around, or even take a stick and wave it at them, but to roll over one? That takes some amount of bad upbringing or something unhappy to result in this behaviour.

Nothing to say, but I will remember this for life, because I don't understand how a young girl of about 6 or 7 tops can bring herself to indulge in such an act.
    Wow. Really takes a different type of psycho to bring up kids like these.. "grew up torturing small animals" etc. D:
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

Quote Originally Posted by bonrya View Post
    Wow. Really takes a different type of psycho to bring up kids like these.. "grew up torturing small animals" etc. D:
    most serial killers evolve from "torturing small animals" during childhood. from the the Crime Night series in Discovery Channel.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post

although my brother used to throw cats at me in the hopes of them becoming shurikens when we were in primary school...

but when we got older he became such a kitty lover.. partially because we had friends who we grew up with that loved animals... and our dad made sure we were kind to animals. because my dad love cats and dogs

so if the parents can be upset with people who chastise their kids for abusing animals... i wonder what kind of people they'll grow up to be.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post

Even though the son may be mentally or intellectually challenged which I hardly doubt so since the mother could have mention it in her complain to gain sympathy, it is still not the appropriate way to defend him with exaggerated excuses IMHO.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12