Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Dslr caught in rain :(

  1. #1

    Default Dslr caught in rain :(

    As per title. Wad should I do to prevent fungus?

  2. #2
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Dslr caught in rain :(

    throw inside dry box.

  3. #3
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,394

    Default Re: Dslr caught in rain :(

    Common sense should tell you to wipe it dry, remove battery and lens. Next step - see posting above.
    EOS

  4. #4

    Default Re: Dslr caught in rain :(

    Quote Originally Posted by wjtoh View Post
    As per title. Wad should I do to prevent fungus?
    Thks guy. Sorry for e newbie q, am new

  5. #5
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: Dslr caught in rain :(

    Does the camera still work?
    If kena splashed by the raindrops only, high chance that everything works fine. They're quite rugged

  6. #6
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Dslr caught in rain :(

    Relax... Camera is not made of toufu.

  7. #7
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Dslr caught in rain :(

    Just for fun...

    Warning: do not try this at home unless you know BOTH your camera and lens is weather sealed.


    And I wonder how they filmed this... All footage shot using Nikon D300s.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Dslr caught in rain :(

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    Does the camera still work?
    If kena splashed by the raindrops only, high chance that everything works fine. They're quite rugged
    luckily it still does! sudden heavy rain, no time to keep cam and it took a shower

  9. #9

    Default Re: Dslr caught in rain :(

    Love the slow-mo helicopter spinning blades! Can the 30FPS movie on the d300s capture that?

  10. #10

    Default Re: Dslr caught in rain :(

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Just for fun...

    Warning: do not try this at home unless you know BOTH your camera and lens is weather sealed.


    And I wonder how they filmed this... All footage shot using Nikon D300s.
    the second video was awesome!

  11. #11
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Dslr caught in rain :(

    Quote Originally Posted by hotchoco1ate View Post
    Love the slow-mo helicopter spinning blades! Can the 30FPS movie on the d300s capture that?
    Apparently, since that video is shot entirely on D300s.

    This is the behind the scenes movie... also shot with D300s
    Last edited by daredevil123; 19th March 2011 at 11:01 PM.

  12. #12
    Member r0n1n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Wild Wild West
    Posts
    801

    Default Re: Dslr caught in rain :(

    wow! did they also use D300S in front of the kayak where all those water splash is happening?
    I shoot with my A7II . I shoot with my Kalashnikov AEG. I just love shooting ;)

  13. #13
    Senior Member bonrya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    In a mobile cage
    Posts
    2,633

    Default

    Bury it in rice after a good blowdry with cold air?
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

  14. #14
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Dslr caught in rain :(

    Quote Originally Posted by r0n1n View Post
    wow! did they also use D300S in front of the kayak where all those water splash is happening?
    totally shot with D300s.., I would think so... but did they use a water proof housing or something? I am not sure.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •