Thread: Wisdom Teeth

Default Wisdom Teeth

Hi there,

anyone here knows whether its common to have fever after taking out the wisdom teeth?

I took out 2 yesterday. One had to cut the gums , the other just pull out. Everything seems ok. Not painful or no big swelling. But have an annoying fever.

ANy dentist or doctor can enlighten ?

wah 2 at one go? i remember last time i took 1 out and was bleeding non stop. Anyway for my case no fever leh

dun worry,i heard that it's common for fever after extracting wisdom tooth.thats why i FEAR the dentist... urgh....

haiyo! if the fever dun subside... better go see ur dentist or doc leh.... take care hor. just drink more water....

I dunno about fever, but i usually have fever when my wisdom tooth acts up..

Anyway, have removed one already.. 3 MORE TO GO

Oh ya, i think it's wise to remove two at one go. Cause inject your gum once, then the subsequent injections would be painless.. heh...

Quote Originally Posted by bigfatfish
    Hi there,

anyone here knows whether its common to have fever after taking out the wisdom teeth?

I took out 2 yesterday. One had to cut the gums , the other just pull out. Everything seems ok. Not painful or no big swelling. But have an annoying fever.

ANy dentist or doctor can enlighten ?
    its a common symtom...im not a doctor but i was 'patient' for wisdom tooth surgery couple of times.

Its so irritating to have that fever. But worse thing is the swell.....People seem to think i m hiding food deliberately like some squirrel...

Quote Originally Posted by OzOn3
    I dunno about fever, but i usually have fever when my wisdom tooth acts up..

Anyway, have removed one already.. 3 MORE TO GO

Oh ya, i think it's wise to remove two at one go. Cause inject your gum once, then the subsequent injections would be painless.. heh...

I took out 3 already. 2 more to go! Yeah its kinda weird, I have 5.

I took out 3 at one go; 2 wisdom teeth & 1 molar
    it was a traumatic experience....
    but no fever

Quote Originally Posted by nuts
    I took out 3 at one go; 2 wisdom teeth & 1 molar
    it was a traumatic experience....
    but no fever

yeah tell me about it. after the extraction, the doctor show me my bloody teeth somemore. saying this is the part he drilled off, where is decaying etc....

Quote Originally Posted by bigfatfish
    yeah tell me about it. after the extraction, the doctor show me my bloody teeth somemore. saying this is the part he drilled off, where is decaying etc....
    did u take out ya camera and shoot at the decaying tooth when the doctor showed it to you? keke..

Any dentist to recommend ?
    male or female dentist is better ?
    charges ?

shXt ! i think it is my turn.
    life is unusually long when you sit on dentist chair

Damn........am I supposed to have any wisdom tooth? I didn't take out any so far.........

Quote Originally Posted by ordinaryless
    did u take out ya camera and shoot at the decaying tooth when the doctor showed it to you? keke..

haha he was damn excited to show me the teeth. Show me where it decayed and where he drill and all that. It was a bloody site

Hey,
    Just surfing around ClubSNAP and came upon this thread so I thought I will just share my experience with everybody.

I extracted my 2nd wisdom tooth this year at Raffles Hospital near Bugis. It was affecting my jaws so badly I had problems opening my mouth and even basic chewing.

I suffered a mild fever after extraction but only lasted for a day because my dentist said this is common. Took the painkillers she gave and the fever subsided so I think having a fever after extraction is common.

I know this may sound gross but I actually requested to keep my wisdom tooth, which is still with me. It is slightly longer than the nail on my thumb.

Cheers,
    -Michelle-

Quote Originally Posted by mich_2103
    Hey,
    Just surfing around ClubSNAP and came upon this thread so I thought I will just share my experience with everybody.

I extracted my 2nd wisdom tooth this year at Raffles Hospital near Bugis. It was affecting my jaws so badly I had problems opening my mouth and even basic chewing.

I suffered a mild fever after extraction but only lasted for a day because my dentist said this is common. Took the painkillers she gave and the fever subsided so I think having a fever after extraction is common.

I know this may sound gross but I actually requested to keep my wisdom tooth, which is still with me. It is slightly longer than the nail on my thumb.

Cheers,
    -Michelle-

EEEEEEEEEEEEEE SICK MAN.

Quote Originally Posted by Limbang
    Any dentist to recommend ?
    male or female dentist is better ?
    charges ?

shXt ! i think it is my turn.
    life is unusually long when you sit on dentist chair
    charges... depend...
    put 1 before just $30..

then the 2nd one, need to cut the gums.. that's cost me $400.. and the worst part is the thread give way and it bleed the whole night...
    My bed kenda blood, I can taste blood, my mouth full of blood (need to empty my mouth every time it full of blood).... that's mean whole night cannot sleep...
    Imagine, if u sleep side-way and the blood flow out from ur mouth...

next monday, go to see that dentist and she say due to my gums is too soft that's why the thread come out...
    she say, I listen loh...