Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Thread: Anyone lookin at ' Super ' moon tonight ?

  1. #1

    Default Anyone lookin at ' Super ' moon tonight ?

    Reports saying that this is the time where the moon is nearer to the earth , some even concluded that there would be natural calamities everytime a ' Super ' moon occurred.


  2. #2
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: Anyone lookin at ' Super ' moon tonight ?

    Quote Originally Posted by legiz View Post
    Reports saying that this is the time where the moon is nearer to the earth , some even concluded that there would be natural calamities everytime a ' Super ' moon occurred.


    Yes! Sion will transform into a big fugly werewolf at the strike of 12.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  3. #3

    Default Re: Anyone lookin at ' Super ' moon tonight ?

    Super moon, Super bright

  4. #4

    Default Re: Anyone lookin at ' Super ' moon tonight ?

    ya , it looks like much brighter than usual . Abit glaring too..

  5. #5

    Default Re: Anyone lookin at ' Super ' moon tonight ?

    yup. but this isn't the biggest i've seen the moon.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, Singapore
    Posts
    1,513

    Default Re: Anyone lookin at ' Super ' moon tonight ?

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    yup. but this isn't the biggest i've seen the moon.
    wait till you see me with my pants down...
    www.colouredshots.com
    Kodak film disposable camera

  7. #7
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: Anyone lookin at ' Super ' moon tonight ?

    This "supermoon" is more astrology than astronomy. Will you become superfat by gaining 1.6% more weight?
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  8. #8

    Default Re: Anyone lookin at ' Super ' moon tonight ?

    no moon as raining.....
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,195

    Default Re: Anyone lookin at ' Super ' moon tonight ?

    I will take a look at it. If it is close enough, I might pluck it off the sky. So before I do that, say your goodbyes to the moon. It may be missing from your skies.

  10. #10
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: Anyone lookin at ' Super ' moon tonight ?

    Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    no moon as raining.....
    Bro, a full moon rises and set between the hours of sunset and sunrise respectively.
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 19th March 2011 at 03:37 PM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  11. #11

    Default Re: Anyone lookin at ' Super ' moon tonight ?

    Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    Bro, a full moon rises and set between the hours of sunset and sunrise respectively.
    oh no, my teacher says sun rises when it is dark and moon rises when it is bright............ no wonder my school now still not famous....
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

  12. #12
    Senior Member bonrya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    In a mobile cage
    Posts
    2,633

    Default

    It'll be brightest at 2am? Not sure if my sauce is accurate.
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,195

    Default Re: Anyone lookin at ' Super ' moon tonight ?

    Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    oh no, my teacher says sun rises when it is dark and moon rises when it is bright............ no wonder my school now still not famous....
    In reality your teacher is right. The sun rises when it is dark to illuminate the darkness. The moon rises when it is daytime but you can only see it when it is dark.

    It has nothing to do with the school. It is the students that did not get it.

  14. #14
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: Anyone lookin at ' Super ' moon tonight ?

    Quote Originally Posted by bonrya View Post
    It'll be brightest at 2am? Not sure if my sauce is accurate.
    IIRC, that will be around the time when the moon is highest in the sky.
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 19th March 2011 at 11:07 PM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  15. #15
    Senior Member bonrya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    In a mobile cage
    Posts
    2,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images
    IIRC, that will be around the time when the moon is highest in the sky.
    ?IIRC?

    I took some shots at 9+ but I might have been too late. It usually seems biggest at 6ish/7 (to me that is)

    Anyone got any nice shots from tonight? (or last night?)
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

  16. #16
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: Anyone lookin at ' Super ' moon tonight ?

    Quote Originally Posted by bonrya View Post
    ?IIRC?

    I took some shots at 9+ but I might have been too late. It usually seems biggest at 6ish/7 (to me that is)

    Anyone got any nice shots from tonight? (or last night?)
    IIRC is an acronym for If I Recall Correctly.

    The moon will be seen larger nearer towards the horizon due to an optical illusion and not because it is closer to Earth. Also there will be less atmospheric turbulent disturbance for the light from a celestial object to pass through to the observer if it was higher in the sky thus making it seems clearer too.

    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  17. #17

    Default Re: Anyone lookin at ' Super ' moon tonight ?

    Quote Originally Posted by bonrya View Post
    ?IIRC?

    I took some shots at 9+ but I might have been too late. It usually seems biggest at 6ish/7 (to me that is)

    Anyone got any nice shots from tonight? (or last night?)
    Kindly ignore the accompanying text, cos these photos were meant for my facebook...

    This was from last night 18 March 2011


    This is from tonite, around 8.45pm i think...

  18. #18
    Senior Member bonrya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    In a mobile cage
    Posts
    2,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silas

    Kindly ignore the accompanying text, cos these photos were meant for my facebook...

    This was from last night 18 March 2011


    This is from tonite, around 8.45pm i think...
    Very clear shots! I think I can see fairies and rabbits jumping around too.

    What's your setup?

    The furthest I can go is 300mm.
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

  19. #19
    Senior Member bonrya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    In a mobile cage
    Posts
    2,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images
    IIRC is an acronym for If I Recall Correctly.

    The moon will be seen larger nearer towards the horizon due to an optical illusion and not because it is closer to Earth. Also there will be less atmospheric turbulent disturbance for the light from a celestial object to pass through to the observer if it was higher in the sky thus making it seems clearer too.

    TFTI.

    Fairies can be seen better without all that smog blurring them out. I see now.
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

  20. #20

    Default Re: Anyone lookin at ' Super ' moon tonight ?

    Quote Originally Posted by bonrya View Post
    Very clear shots! I think I can see fairies and rabbits jumping around too.

    What's your setup?

    The furthest I can go is 300mm.
    Thanks for your compliment, shot on 50D at 400mm, handheld tahan on the corridor pillar. Aperture priority f 11 if i remember correctly, ISO 100.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •