Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32

Thread: getting a new tripod.... for easy travel

  1. #1

    Default getting a new tripod.... for easy travel

    at least 1.5m
    head must at least looks firm stable
    ball head prefered.. pan type also can
    brands in mind: slik, manfrotto
    not more then 1.8kg
    can get to low position shoots abt: 0.7m
    firm legs or at least looks firm...

    any recommendations?

  2. #2
    ClubSNAP Idol Adam Goi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    5,682

    Default Re: getting a new tripod.... for easy travel

    Originally posted by franciskc
    at least 1.5m
    head must at least looks firm stable
    ball head prefered.. pan type also can
    brands in mind: slik, manfrotto
    not more then 1.8kg
    can get to low position shoots abt: 0.7m
    firm legs or at least looks firm...

    any recommendations?
    Given the weight, it seems like you'll be getting a Slik-type tripod where the head is permanently attached to the tripod

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    66

    Default Re: getting a new tripod.... for easy travel

    Originally posted by franciskc
    at least 1.5m
    head must at least looks firm stable
    ball head prefered.. pan type also can
    brands in mind: slik, manfrotto
    not more then 1.8kg
    can get to low position shoots abt: 0.7m
    firm legs or at least looks firm...

    any recommendations?
    Hihi ^^. din noe u into this as well.

  4. #4

    Default

    I am using the Velbon Mountain Chaser (about S$122). Surf the web for stats. I bought it because it fits nicely into my LoweAlpine Contour 35 and can also be hung on the side straps on the backpack. It has adjustable legs, built in quick release plate, and because its 4 section, its reasonably tall.

    It is not perfect, but it is very light and for a travel tripod, once u have this kind of lightness, everything else is forgiven when you're climbing a hill/mountain with your camera equipment, 2 kg of water and wondering where the summit is...

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    12,938

    Default

    SILK 8000 for $60. weighs 1.5kg.
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

  6. #6

    Default

    One of the best tripod in your desciption is the Manfrotto 190. Most people who didn't get a CF tripod tends to end up using this one.

  7. #7

    Default

    wat is CF tripods?

  8. #8

    Default

    Originally posted by franciskc
    wat is CF tripods?
    CarbonFibre Tripod!

    I'm using a 190 with 308RC ballhead and I find the weight abit heavy compare to the Slik U8000 that I used to carry ard. But The 190 is def more stable then the Slik and can go low. abt 0.5m from the ground(est.). Anyway, The weight doesn't bother mi as much now that I'm used to it.

    I take it as a form of training for Standing Board Jump.

  9. #9

    Default

    got 1 uncle wanna sell me the tripod.. looks very good.
    quite lite and verli tall... can go abt 1.8m forgot wats the name
    selling at $120 discounted price.. before price was abt $150
    i tink its verbon

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    2,324

    Default

    Sony V8 at Bugis is selling Tanaka at $60, tripod with water level meter.
    But I bot Slik U6600. Fit my height. I am 1.75m tall.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    55

    Default

    What's your buget??

    If buget is not a concern, can try carbonfibre Gitzo carbon fibre ones...
    Small light and stable(?)...

    For Manfrotto, the 190 should just be within your requirements..
    Not too sure with a head the weight would be over 1.8kg....
    ( Heads can be heavy too.. )

    Silk?
    Not too sure... but they do have a wide range of light and cheap tripods..
    They do have light and not so cheap higher end models too...

    Do go and take a look at Cathay Photo and the neighbouring shops ( they do have a wide varity on display.. )

    Just my opinion...
    Hope you find them useful

  12. #12

    Default

    thnz... so rite now my choice will be on manfrotto 190 and velbon mountain ace.

  13. #13
    UltraSuakoo
    Guests

    Default

    I want to ask the same thing too but I know nuts about tripods. One that could make me happy are those that could stand firm and not wobbly, quite tall, lightweight and not over $100. Anyone with websites or pictures of the tripod? Thank you.

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    897

    Default

    Originally posted by UltraSuakoo
    I want to ask the same thing too but I know nuts about tripods. One that could make me happy are those that could stand firm and not wobbly, quite tall, lightweight and not over $100. Anyone with websites or pictures of the tripod? Thank you.
    Have fun!

    http://www.slik.com/

    http://www.velbon.com.au/

  15. #15

    Default

    Originally posted by Bluestrike


    CarbonFibre Tripod!

    I'm using a 190 with 308RC ballhead and I find the weight abit heavy compare to the Slik U8000 that I used to carry ard. But The 190 is def more stable then the Slik and can go low. abt 0.5m from the ground(est.). Anyway, The weight doesn't bother mi as much now that I'm used to it.

    I take it as a form of training for Standing Board Jump.
    hahaha....at last u give up on your old tripod liao...

  16. #16

    Default

    got myself a velbon chaser el-3 quite nice... but not as pro. cheap compared to manfrotto/gitzo. i would say velbon will be a cheap pro-imitation. manfrotto-medium pro and gitzo a advance-superduper pro... keekekeke

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    West, Singapore
    Posts
    197

    Default

    heard from Kevin that there is a Slik promotion.

    What is the promotion about?

  18. #18

    Default

    Mustafa sells a very cheap ones, which extents to 1.35m and only 600 gm.

    $28

  19. #19

    Default

    600 gm??? wind blow = camera breaks

  20. #20

    Default

    the slik u8000 is able to change its ball-head right?

    does it come with quick release mount?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •