Thread: Proposal ring

Default Proposal ring

Okie guys, you saw this one day before my wife-to-be. Still new in shooting, hope bros can share your comments and advices. thanks.

1. In what area is critique to be sought?

Overall, I am taking a macro shoot with a macro converter.

2. What I hope to achieve with the piece of work?

An appealing shoot with star-burst effect, somehow when I narrowed down the aperture, the background appears to be brighten up.

3. Under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)

It is taken indoor at about 9pm, with lights on. 1/64 flash is used. Lens used at 14mm f3.5 + macro converter.

4. What the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture

It doesn't appealing, I want something like a WOW effect.

Default Re: Proposal ring

Picture too small...you have to shoot alot closer. The diamond should be filling up the frame, not the box. Distracting background at left side (upper half).

Take a look at this picture to have a good reference.
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threa...ghlight=Pauche

Picture is too small for us to see.

I don't mind the diamond taking up only a small space in the photo, as it stands out since it's unique. However, take note of the distracting bit on the left side of the photo. Get that out, or light the right side of the thing also (it seems to be symmetrical, just that the right side of the "distracting bit" isn't lit up), as the photo looks a bit unbalanced.

Thanks for all comments, firstly I just can't get closer to the object, the focus doesn't work. Anyway have bought a 75-205 macro lens, hope to take a better one. Second, I can't make the ring fly, so ofcoz not impressive as compared to those advertised ma. Will learn and improve der!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoo8899 View Post
    Thanks for all comments, firstly I just can't get closer to the object, the focus doesn't work. Anyway have bought a 75-205 macro lens, hope to take a better one. Second, I can't make the ring fly, so ofcoz not impressive as compared to those advertised ma. Will learn and improve der!
    75-205 macro lens? Is this a dedicated macro lens or a lens with a shorter minimum focus distance?
    Anyway, I think using a 18-55mm lens + good lighting(soft box) could give decent results too.
    ...:::..::.Nikon.::.:::..
    RGB Metering & Focusing.

hiyah

Nice Photo the ring does stands out from the photo but a very minimum impact as the ring is quite small in the photo but i think if can be shot at a Different angle or Zoom Closer will make the ring more stand out

This is my personal Opinion
    Only Good thing about CS Worth Watching is Kopitiam And B&S Section ... , no offence

Quote Originally Posted by Hoo8899 View Post
    do you mean to say that the advertised shots are using rings that fly?
    it's all about creative placement of the holder and suitable background colour/texture.
    You could use a dark paper as background, then support the ring with some blu-tack or something, and frame such that the blu-tack is not soon.
    Besides that, you need the right equipment (lens, flash, modifiers, etc) and the know-how to use them effectively.

1) your photo is too small to see anything
    2) The ring is really too small within the photo to stand out as the subject.
    3) My personal opinion is that including the box doesn't help the photo in any way.
    4) Side-on angle not too appealing.
    Exploring! :)

Quote Originally Posted by ovaltinemilo View Post
    75-205 macro lens? Is this a dedicated macro lens or a lens with a shorter minimum focus distance?
    Anyway, I think using a 18-55mm lens + good lighting(soft box) could give decent results too.
    u got use Raynox 250 to add on?
    i don think 18-55mm will be able to do the trick, as i had used 18-135 to shoot, but cant work... haha