Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Battle: Los Angeles [SPOILER ALERT]

Default Re: Battle: Los Angelas

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    errrrr u mean they haf NEWATER too?
    No lah... premium kopi made from Civets dung...
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    ooohhhh!!!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

That kopi damn kau one...drink already hand shake for some time..

But i must ask before i see the show, is it a first-person perspective kind of show like Cloverfield and Blair Witch? If it is i'll get sick in 15 minutes....
    Hua Hee tu hou la...Happy can liao

Quote Originally Posted by Blackgoddess View Post
    That kopi damn kau one...drink already hand shake for some time..

But i must ask before i see the show, is it a first-person perspective kind of show like Cloverfield and Blair Witch? If it is i'll get sick in 15 minutes....
    I dun think I can try that lah... drinking local kopi I'm already bouncing off the walls... I don't want to pay for hospital and major renovation bills...

Anyway, the point I'm trying to make to Znurc is: "One man's poison is another man's (alien) kopi mai dai"...

About your perspective question. Yeah a bit of "jumping" visuals, but it's more of third person perspective (camera man cannot keep up...)
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 24th March 2011 at 11:13 AM.

I dun think I can try that lah... drinking local kopi I'm already bouncing off the walls... I don't want to pay for hospital and major renovation bills...

Anyway, the point I'm trying to make to Znurc is: "One man's poison is another man's (alien) kopi mai dai"...

About your perspective question. Yeah a bit of "jumping" visuals, but it's more of third person perspective (camera man cannot keep up...)
    ah...ok ok ...understood. now i wanna go watch alien butt being kicked. The last time i loved to see alien butt being kicked is District 9...damn nice.
    Hua Hee tu hou la...Happy can liao

Quote Originally Posted by Blackgoddess View Post
    ah...ok ok ...understood. now i wanna go watch alien butt being kicked. The last time i loved to see alien butt being kicked is District 9...damn nice.
    If you like District 9, this one isn't too far off - except that I think this one is better produced (class actors and actresses, with funnies) - of course holywood style. Think Black Hawk Down + District 9. But don't think too much of the storyline though - just enjoy the back-to-back action.

Combat elements of Black Hawk Down + Aliens elements from District 9 will just about sum up this show. Fast, flashy and showy.

Spoilers below! Highlight to read.

The aliens weren't actually sucking up our sewage just for the heck of it. They were after ALL sources of water regardless of where it's from. They went after the oceans first then found out that sewage also got water, so they wacked that too.

Also, it's not coffee made from civet dung lah. It's the coffee seeds harvested after the civet cat poos it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmerlin View Post
    Combat elements of Black Hawk Down + Aliens elements from District 9 will just about sum up this show. Fast, flashy and showy.

Spoilers below! Highlight to read.

The aliens weren't actually sucking up our sewage just for the heck of it. They were after ALL sources of water regardless of where it's from. They went after the oceans first then found out that sewage also got water, so they wacked that too.

Also, it's not coffee made from civet dung lah. It's the coffee seeds harvested after the civet cat poos it out.
    Thank you for your accurate description, Mr kopi connoisseur. Like it or not it's still through the same passage of "processing". Imaging it's from our local domestic cat or dog, seeds or not... urm... urm.... I'll take my chances with Newater...

Neeways, not to divert from the topic. Any action flick adrenaline pumping addicts, don't miss it on the big screens... Coz after that, you might as well buy/rent the DVD and watch it at home...
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 24th March 2011 at 03:48 PM.

tomolo watching........

hope really so good as u guys mention
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    tomolo watching........

hope really so good as u guys mention
    Nah... it's really TOP QUALITY crap! Enjoy!! (Crap as in I wouldn't count on it to make it to the grammys or oscars)
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 24th March 2011 at 03:58 PM.

ya crap as so many bad reviews in the net.....

but i dun mind watching a movie dun need think type.....
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Dun worry the actors and actresses do not suck at all - it's not a B-grade movie - otherwise, it wouldn't have made it to the box-office. (Edit: I'll retract the last statement.... I'm reminded of the one who said: "Wanna see something cool?")
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 24th March 2011 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    but i dun mind watching a movie dun need think type.....
    Ur statement reminds me of 周星馳 movies. Crap but seriously enjoyable.

All the flake about the Battle : LA makes me wanna watch too!!!

While the movie looks like black hawk down but bhd actually follows the whole group of pple in that conflict
    BLA only follow one team out of the entire LA battle... it makes the movie seems narrow, without that width i hoped.

i really dun like the last part...

one missile can destory the whole mother ship... and its not even a nuke...

RPG can destory the mothership controlled decoy .. i think someone is cheating here...

it really makes it look like the director wanna ends the movie chop chop curry pork 2 hr up

alien starting so powerful.... knife gun no enter...den last slowly kanna lvl down ... end up so easy to kill den hum ji run away.

i would expect aliens who build mothership and travel dun noe how many light years to be more intelligent

special effect isnt that great either ... not the best rendering anyway

overall the movie could be better storyline could be better...

as a action movie ... it do destress but not anywhere a block buster material.
    40D 50mmF1.8 17-85mm 24-70L

Haiya...why you wanna spoil it all for everyone who hasn't watched it?

Like dat Independence Day is a bigger mega flop loh... all the Aliens all Ku-ku one... never bothered to install Norton Anti-virus!

Dun need to read too much into the storyline lah... which btw, hasn't mentioned who the winners are...

BATTLE: MBS here we come!!!

Special effects are overated these days... All using special effects until numb already. Enough is good enough (when called for) too much would be overkill already.

It's like watching Lord of the Rings... after that, watch Narnia - all yawns...

Watch out for the mk44 bushmaster in the movie. Above is a mk44 in action.

Definitely this movie is for the military junkie.

If you play FPS games, you sure like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Majest1c View Post
    While the movie looks like black hawk down but bhd actually follows the whole group of pple in that conflict
    BLA only follow one team out of the entire LA battle... it makes the movie seems narrow, without that width i hoped.

i really dun like the last part...

one missile can destory the whole mother ship... and its not even a nuke...

RPG can destory the mothership controlled decoy .. i think someone is cheating here...

it really makes it look like the director wanna ends the movie chop chop curry pork 2 hr up

alien starting so powerful.... knife gun no enter...den last slowly kanna lvl down ... end up so easy to kill den hum ji run away.

i would expect aliens who build mothership and travel dun noe how many light years to be more intelligent

special effect isnt that great either ... not the best rendering anyway

overall the movie could be better storyline could be better...

as a action movie ... it do destress but not anywhere a block buster material.
    actually hor...u cannot consider like dat lor. consider that let's say a modern army now were to conquer a new land, and compare it to another army with pax romana's roman (or even qin shi huang's army) level of tech, the aliens depicted could be of the roman army level of tech. granted they're not Federation level yet, but come on, even termites can build huge empires with nothing but spit and polish, relatively low tech expansionist locust like aliens are dime a dozen. ;D
    おれのflickrださ

Another science fiction with a theme revolving around alien invasion, this time a TV series created by Robert Rodat and Steven Spielberg.

Falling Skies. CGI animation in the trailers looks remarkable for a TV series.
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 31st March 2011 at 09:54 PM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

The movie, imo is like modern day Starship Troopers. Heh lots of glorified fighting humans.
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast