Thread: I am interested to print out a picture of my gf

Default I am interested to print out a picture of my gf

Hi.

Just started out photography few mths back. Have been shooting with raw at 18megapixels. I have a few candid close up shots to print out.

I need help! I want to print out a poster size image. Issit true that pictures shot at 18m is clearer than pics shot at <18m?

Can a normal photo shop around our neighbourhoods print out poster size/8R or super 8R images?

Need help! where is a recommended place also?? thank people!

Default Re: I am interested to print out a picture of my gf

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony82 View Post
    Hi.

Just started out photography few mths back. Have been shooting with raw at 18megapixels. I have a few candid close up shots to print out.

I need help! I want to print out a poster size image. Issit true that pictures shot at 18m is clearer than pics shot at <18m?
    to get best out of you images, more MP is not all it needs, the resolution of the lens, quality of sensor, processing method, images being capture correctly, post processing and etc... all are the important factors..

btw, to print a S8R, 8"x12", you only need 2400pixel x 3600 pixel, about 8MP only. the smallest poster size is 11"x17", a S8R don't really consider as poster.

Can a normal photo shop around our neighbourhoods print out poster size/8R or super 8R images?
    yes, most digilabs able to print up to 12"x18", slightly larger that A3

Need help! where is a recommended place also?? thank people!
    you can find a list of the shops in
    Useful addresses of common photographic equipment/services shops

hope this help.
    Last edited by catchlights; 17th March 2011 at 02:01 PM.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Default Re: I am interested to print out a picture of my gf

Image quality depends more on lenses than megapixels. Besides, 18MP is not much different from 12MP when you look at the image resolution numbers. I assure you a 12MP picture taken with a 24-70 f2.8 lens blown up to 18MP will look better than a 18MP picture taken with a basic 18-55mm kit lens (not saying it's lousy, but its image quality is poorer than the 24-70 f2.8). 12MP can already print very large, you should have no worries with 18MP unless your lens is really lousy