Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dr Mahathir spoke for 20 minutes with president Benjamin Sheares

Default Dr Mahathir spoke for 20 minutes with president Benjamin Sheares

Default Re: Dr Mahathir spoke for 20 minutes with president Benjamin Sheares

What new with this guy...

Quote Originally Posted by scramblur11 View Post
    What new with this guy...
    well at least now he can add "conversing with the dead" and being a Ghost Whisperer to his C.V.

He also told people he briefly dated German actress Marlene Dietrich in 1997, 5 years after she passed away.

Mahathir should turn his talent to become a medium.

What an idiot.
    So his memoir is actually a fiction novel lah!
    Last edited by de_stan; 17th March 2011 at 02:54 PM.
    Nikon D300 | MB-D10 | AF-S 17-55mm f2.8 | 35mm f1.8 | SB-900

When Mahathir launched his book at a store, he autographed a lot of books freely.
    When MM LKY autographed, each signature costs the buyer $10k.
    Some things never changed ....
    always the Light, .... always.

He's old and getting more senile i think. But anyway, i don't give a rats backside about this guy.
    Hua Hee tu hou la...Happy can liao

Quote Originally Posted by Blackgoddess View Post
    He's old and getting more senile i think. But anyway, i don't give a rats backside about this guy.
    Well, every politician have their hit and misses, like what our dear MM said about Malays and Islam recently.

Was there any clarification about how MM was treated when he had to wait a long time to meet our PM (at that time).

"In his 800-page memoirs, Mahathir wrote that he felt slighted during the visit as he was greeted only by a protocol officer at the Singaporean Prime Minister's Office and was put in a holding room.

“I was made to wait for about 15 minutes and felt very sorely used. This was not the proper way to greet a foreign visitor of equal rank,” he said."

Is this true?
    Last edited by ricohflex; 17th March 2011 at 05:57 PM.

You have to give respect to Dr Mahatir for bringing Malaysia real progress during his reign. Not easy to rally such a big country with so much diversity, states and the polictics - he is a true leader.

Quote Originally Posted by DM101 View Post
    You have to give respect to Dr Mahatir for bringing Malaysia real progress during his reign. Not easy to rally such a big country with so much diversity, states and the polictics - he is a true leader.
    Are you serious?
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    Are you serious?
    it's true you know LOL.

only Abdul Razak and Mahathir brought about growth... but to a certain extent. all the other premiers after them just bungled things. Mahathir had foresight to remove the pegging of the Ringgit to the USD just before the 1997 Financial Crisis hit, and he already knew which country was going to be hit first.

other than those times... LOL

well. spent making wild goose accusations

oh. plus the Comic Artist Lat loves to make fun of Dr M

Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    Are you serious?
    It's true that he brought impressive progress to malaysia during his term as PM. His policies are great, just that he has a bad habit of shooting his mouth off

Blog Entries

now.... the TUNKU (the honorable Tunku Abdul Rahman) ...... the first prime minister.....THAT was a man I can truly respect

I apologize... i know i started it..... lets not veer towards race discussions

my comment above has been changed, sorry kei1309 ..... I deleted both our posts.....
    Last edited by ed9119; 17th March 2011 at 08:55 PM.
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    When Mahathir launched his book at a store, he autographed a lot of books freely.
    That's because Mahathir used a cheap ballpoint to sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    That's because Mahathir used a cheap ballpoint to sign.
    And MM use Montblac?

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    now.... the TUNKU (the honorable Tunku Abdul Rahman) ...... the first prime minister.....THAT was a man I can truly respect

I apologize... i know i started it..... lets not veer towards race discussions

my comment above has been changed, sorry kei1309 ..... I deleted both our posts.....
    no problem

i studied and love Southeast Asian history. so i got carried away LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post

IIRC.... the money collected was for Charity....

Scuba & Father... For Life

progress in malaysia has never been fair or well.

my home state used to be one of the richest natural resources state from bottom of sea till above ground, but joining malaya..... the rate of progress over that few decades was so shameful.....

well, just read The Malaysian Maverick and you'll get a clearer picture.
    Hua Hee tu hou la...Happy can liao

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast