Thread: I am a newbie~

Default I am a newbie~

Started this thread for a friend~ my friend have a budget around 600-900~ so my friend is planning to get a digi camera first~ any comments on HX7V~ or any recommendations?

Default Re: I am a newbie~

I would recommend you be more specific about your friend's needs. This budget covers a huge range of options, from advanced compacts to entry-level DSLRs with kit lens and accessories.
    Compact - DSLR is a big distinction, so that will probably be your first decision.

If for me 600-900 budget I'll get a Olympus E-PL1 instead. At least it can change different lens and external flash. And shoot quality images.
    No point spend so much to get a point and shoot cameras.
    | 5D Mark III | 24-70mm F2.8L MK II | 70-200mm F2.8L IS MK II | 600 EX-RT | Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG (A) |

I'd suggest a Nikon D3100, it's within your budget and it's a good dslr for starters~

Like BigBaby said, there's no point spending so much for a compact camera.

Pentax Kr.
    Very good high ISO performance.
    More features and similarly priced competitors.
    Very good price of ~$921 with 18-55mm kit lens.

Compare the images here:
    http://www.imaging-resource.com/IMCOMP/COMPS01.HTM

A review here:
    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/pentaxkr/
    I suggest you look at the samples of the images and see the difference in performance over high ISO
    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/pentaxkr/page8.asp

Might as well get a Sony A33. SGD 850 brand new sets inthe marketplace.
    Alpha

if it's compactness and portability and lightness that your friend's looking for (hence looking at the HX7V).. then the A33 is something your friend should check out.

Thx for the informations~ i have yet to discuss into further details with my friend so i am not quiet sure what my friend wants....in my point of view~ my friend seems like just wanting to take some good pictures for the family and maybe some random pictures which include outings with friends~ In this case, i think compact would be good for my friend since Dslr might be troublesome because of the maintaining stuffs~
    my friend was interested in nex-3 but it was out of the budget so my friend thought of HX7V~

Quote Originally Posted by JokerSeries View Post
    Thx for the informations~ i have yet to discuss into further details with my friend so i am not quiet sure what my friend wants....in my point of view~ my friend seems like just wanting to take some good pictures for the family and maybe some random pictures which include outings with friends~ In this case, i think compact would be good for my friend since Dslr might be troublesome because of the maintaining stuffs~
    my friend was interested in nex-3 but it was out of the budget so my friend thought of HX7V~
    hmm? without proper care a compact camera can also deteriorate pretty fast.